Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cooly Rocks On Coolangatta Australia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Jun 11, 2012.

1. hudson48

hudson48

Just got back from Cooly 2012.This is the second year of the new management that took over from Wintersun.I think they are doing a great job.However they can't control the weather and we copped some of that over the weekend.

Wednesday afternoon and evening was clear but very cool temps.Thursday and Friday were good days,Saturday the showers started but didn't deter people.Sunday it rained on and off but the crowds were good but could have been better.

I feel sorry for the traders,especially sideshow alley,who came with great expectations but probably didn't do too well.

Probably over the 1000 cars with the normal mix of hot rods,early classics and street machines and later classics(1965-1975).I sorted the pics and there should only be HAMB friendly stuff.

The first few photos are of the location,which is right on the famous Coolangatta beach front.A good event to include on your calendar.

Attached Files:

2. hudson48

hudson48

Some more

Attached Files:

3. hudson48

hudson48

Lots more to come

Attached Files:

4. hudson48

hudson48

Git er done

Attached Files:

5. hudson48

hudson48

Getting there

Attached Files:

6. hudson48

hudson48

Still going

Attached Files:

7. hudson48

hudson48

Getting close

Attached Files:

8. hudson48

hudson48

Nearly there

Attached Files:

9. hudson48

hudson48

Thats all folks.Next event is Brunswick Heads in mid July.Will have the roadster there.

Attached Files:

10. Great pics thanks for posting.
    Looks like a great turnout.

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

WOW... thanx for posting all these images. Looks like a hit show to me, regardless of the precip. I'm a big fan of slopers, to it was nice to see this one. Gary

Attached Files:

12. Great pics, I like the loaded blue S valiant. Bet the guy with the little Gogo Dart felt alone.

13. autobilly

autobilly

Thanks for the coverage. Despite the (seemingly usual) weather, It's always a great event. I had a ball in my own "back yard" again!

14. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for some great pix of this cool event. Really some fine rides, and what a sweet setting for the event. Cool!! ~sololobo~

15. Cool-er-gatta

16. Deu55

Deu55

Cold and wet but still had a great time, thanx for posting your pix.Looking forward to seeing your roadster....Rod

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

17. hudson48

hudson48

The roadster will be at Brunswick.Hoping for better weather than Cooly as I don't have a roof yet!!!
    Off to Toowoomba tomorrow to do some final things including starting the engine for the first time.

18. Great pics & nice cars! Thanks for posting.

19. 73super

73super

No Pontiacs? Sweet cars, looks like fun.

20. fat141

fat141

The original "Wintersun" event took place at Coffs Harbour this year, I live nearby and saw bugger all cars around the town.
    Did the four hour drive north and spent a couple of days at Cooly. Fantastic as always
    Thanks for posting the pics.
    Rod

21. It was another good event. It was cool to walk around the cars with my dad & talk about bringing his '40 Chev truck when done. Hopefully my roadster will be done as well.

"Wintersun" will die a slow death, people will forget it except when reminiscing, that'll teach its promoter a lesson. Cooly is what made Wintersun special. Which is why 'Cooly Rocks On' has continued success Location, Location.

22. burt21

burt21

Great pics and good to see rods are hot in aussie land

23. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Flew over for the second time . Great stuff. A mate went to Coff's , 35 cars ! Cooly 1500 .