Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 10th NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion, Who's' going to Bowling Green ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jack Thomas, May 25, 2012.

1. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Went last year but no go this year.Having no job and actively seeking one has put me in a sour mood with no bucks.
    Hooked up with StormKing and his family last year.Good time.
    Everyone race safe and enjoy.
    Will catch it on Bangshift.

2. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

If work goes well wed. Leaving after.. if not first thing Thurs. morning if anybody is interested in convoying down hit me up.... I am just outside cincinnati. If thurs morning exodus happens i will be on the road by 6 am.

3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

still not sure if i get to go,but let me suggest a couple things to do. go to the host hotel on friday night. great atmosphere there. had a WHOLE lotta fun there. also take time to walk ALL the way thru the pits. it is amazing what shows up in the pits at this show. watch where your going and stay outa the way,but its a helleva car show just in the pits.denise, save me and carlos a cookie just in case i make it.

4. wjk505 and I have arrived with the Lyndwood Welding Special.

5. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Hope that everything went well with your husband's surgery. Will miss seeing you this year.

6. Leaving at 7:00 am Thursday morning! My first time, but I'll be hanging with a crew of "HRR veterans" in the pitts. Look for the Hundley & Boggs dragster and stop by to say "hello".

Jim

7. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

We are going up Thursday morning... Will be there all three days... Hope To see you there..

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Vicki. Actually larry's surgery is at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Hopefully we will be there next year and will look forward to seeing you again.
    Wanda

9. greg

greg

will be on I-65 south tomorrow morning. I can almost smell the NITRO now!!!

10. Bundy L

Bundy L
    from Kentucky

Falcons a no go. Driving this instead.It has a perkins turbo diesel,and was built in 1978.
    matt's cars 012.jpg matt's cars 015.jpg

11. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

Been at the reunion all day setting up, had to drive 2 hrs back home to get the other trailer. Heading back out early am. Stop by the green tent by the river in the swap meet area.

12. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I'm hoping like hell that I make it as a spectator. I worked the past two weekends.

...like I said, I'm hoping like hell that I make it as a spectator.

13. primed34

primed34

Flip look for my coupe. There might be a cold beverage there.:D

14. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Off to the Reunion at 4am! Got a 12 hour drive but it's worth it! Man, i better get packing!:eek: Cant wait, it's going to be the best year yet!

15. rat deuce

rat deuce

I'll be there Thursday afternoon, My car(Bob's Muffler Special) will be displayed at the NHRA Museum Trailer.
    I'll be hanging around hoping to meet some HAMBERS!
    Steve

16. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

someone posted something on another thread about what to do/eat etc.. and mentioned toots,,,.. i am a local and toots is ok,( i only eat there maybe once a year when feeling nostalgic), but may i sugest a few other things to do/eat while there...
    Overtime sports bar,,,(on the corner of nashville rd/cambell lane directly behind Shoguns Japanesse steak house....) great lunch specials....and ususally pleanty of eye candy,,,, :D

if you like southern BBQ..(ie pork) ,,you have driven by this place many times iam sure and always wondered....YES stop in at Smokey Pigs,,,it is shoulder,shredded pork,.bbq chicken,, etc and great..if you are a priss or snob dont stop though,,,

for a sit down resturaunt i recomend Cheddars,,(real close to Overtime) great food,. good prices and you wont leave hungry..unless you just drink and dont eat, the you probably will still be hungry...

lastly....for fine causal dining may i recomend Montana grille..

finally ...Tattle Tails.......its late..youve already ate..now your wondering about gentle men establishments (ladys welcome btw!) its hit or miss...you might show up and there will be 10 or 12 smokin babes,, or depending on the time you show up.. might be a few skanks...(another factor may be how much you have had to drink before you get there depending on the hotness of the babes)...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  17. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Driving 35 miles from the house this morning to the show.

18. Labold

Labold

Cleared for clearance Clarence. Headed to the track now.

19. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

Tim, are you driving the 40 ? :D

Attached Files:

20. Labold

Labold

Yes, but probably the yellow one today (trying to sell it).

Cool pic of my red '40 and miss Beatersville, haven't seen that one. She was real friendly, never seen anyone open beer bottles like that before.

21. coupemerc

coupemerc

Live coverage of BG has started on Bangshift. Go Roo!

22. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

23. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Wow!!! My first time there and wow what a great time! Great show I will make sure to go back next year!

24. andyapplegate

andyapplegate

The Broughtons made my sons day, when he was allowed to get in the cockpit of the restored Comanche Top Fueler. Good folks and a pleasure to meet.

Andy IMG_0135.jpg

Attached Files:

25. manhugos my bitch

manhugos my bitch
    from nor cal

Trying to make it this year.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It was last month ;)

27. greg

greg

maybe he went and just sobered up!!