Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falcon floors bad… will Mustang replacement panels fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LDGn63, Oct 21, 2009.

1. LDGn63

LDGn63

Falcon floors bad… will Mustang replacement panels fit? (are they the same?)
    '62 Falcon 2dr. Floors shot.
    i have access to cheap mustang floor panels. (I know that Falcon panels are avail but I have not seen them listed as the same part #)
    Since a Mustang is essentially a rebodied Falcon I am wondering if it makes sense to use the mustang floors…
    I know that I "can" do it since I "have" done them with plain sheetmetal and a BFH in the past but these panels are cheap enough that if they are the same I would use them.

Many thanks!

2. drock6570

drock6570

they SHOULD be the same if not SUPER close to exactly what you need. Remember- If they are SUPER CHEAP and they dont work, you can always sell them to one of the MILLIONS of rotted floor mustang guys.

P.S... I have allready replaced my mustang floors.

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

My 60 Ranchero has a stop sign rivited in. Been meaning to fix that one of these days.

4. LDGn63

LDGn63

love it!

5. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

knew a guy who bought a 68 mustang with a bad floors. went to the grocery store and got a dozen can's of Hi-C and drank em while he riveted the cans into the floor....

6. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

Leo:
    They are not the same.
    The mustang is a wider car.
    They could be made to fit, but so could impala or camaro floor pans.
    Question is do you want to deal with all the mods?
    If the mustang floors are a super deal it may be worth it, but don't be suprised when you have to modify the seat mounts ect.

Rob

7. thats traditional; right????

8. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

I second what Rob says.From all of the aftermarket parts I have seen they are not the same and you will have to re-locate the seats.I ordered my replacement's from Autokrafters,they are on back order though hope to be getting them in soon.

9. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

They are different. Do it right and buy the Falcon ones.

Doug

10. Muttley

Muttley

OlSkoooooooolRodzzzzzzz called, they would like to get in touch with your friend for a cover shoot.

11. LDGn63

LDGn63

Thanks guys!
    I will buy Falcon pans. Or fab them myself cause I'm on a budget. (I'm cheap). ;-)

12. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Just got an e-mail from Auto krafters today.Been waiting for Since Spet 6 when I placed my order for full complete floor pans both sides.Anyway they said that the manufacturer is now saying that they have not even ordered that material yet to produce the pans.And now it will be another 60-90 days before the even get them in....this sucks.:(

13. vw505

vw505
    from Lemoore,CA

I got mine from dearborn classics thay where about 600 for both sides and toe boards.

14. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Called them about an hour ago and the guy I talked to said he was not sure they could get them.It states 2-4 weeks for delivery on their site.He said it he wasn't sure if it was the same manufacturer but possibly could be.Told me to try them in a couple of weeks and see if the website has an update next to the part.Even falcon enterprises states the same thing about being temporarily being unavailable.
    Im just going to have to wait it out and move on to something else in the car.Got to keep progressing forward if I want to make the roundup next year.:D:cool:

15. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

How bad are your floors? If you're not building a show car trailer queen, just fab up some patches out of an old hood, seam seal them top and bottom, and undercoat it really good. Use that $600 for something useful like tires and gas. tnrotter

16. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

A buddy had a car with a yield sign on the drivers side and a stop sign on the pass side. Kind of like a synopsis of the conversation at the submarine races.

17. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Kind of rough.I made patch panels for the trunk area but there is a lot of bends and angles for the floor pans.Particularily where the seats mount.That's why I opted to get the whole pan and replace it while the entire inside is gutted and ready to go.I will be fabing my own toe boards as well out of the 16 gauge I used for the trunk area.Since the floor pans only come up to the toe boards so that's not too bad.

18. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

19. Muttley

Muttley

20. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

21. That guy still around?... they oughta run his ass off the HAMB....

Actually a great tutorial for DIY floor pans, I followed it at the time. The last ones I did were straight out of Ace Hardware... 18 gage steel, pop rivets and driveway crack sealer, worked great!

Bob