Register now to get rid of these ads!

A bit OT - Made in the USA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 12, 2012.

1. In addition to buying USA made stuff, I've also made a concerted effort to buy from as many privately owned, local businesses as possible.

For instance....my local Napa is locally owned, and I always go to them first, before OReilly and Autozone get a shot.

2. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Bravo. Well said and well done, especially for keeping the political hyperbole outside of this sanctuary.

As for your cocktail though, I simply can't consume tequila that has been made in the USA. Sorry, just can't. I'm sure the gang understands what I mean. How about Cabo Wabo? At least it's OWNED by an American Sammy Hagar.

3. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

Thank you. Someone we don't know has just kept their job..Good call.

4. Well done sir, im a real big fan of buying locally made, its getting pretty damn hard though in this country and if you can its bloody pricey. Its usually far better quality and sure gives me the warm fuzzys knowing im keeping a Kiwi in a job....:).

5. F&J

F&J

I am sure you deserve it. You are doing this for reasons stated, not doing it as a commercial sales gimmick. Well done.

I don't follow media of any type, but I have heard that some industry is now returning to our shores. Dang good news, if true.

6. cheveey57

cheveey57

7. I took it one step further in my business: "All products produced and services performed by U.S. citizens"

8. Lumpy

Lumpy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for this. It is the best way for a whole new generation to learn how to make and build things. When you pay a person to build or make something for you instead of "serving you something" you give them a sense of pride in what they have done. I will gladly pay more for this.

Lumpy

9. The USA invented the computer you're dancing on and gave it to the world like so many other things. Go make some friends.

10. Roger53

Roger53

I say hell ya ! I'll be spendin some of my money in support of the cause. Great move.

11. Truckedup

Truckedup

Are they made of cotton? Synthetics get burn holes from torch sparks :D
    You should be buying Hemp ,not the laughing tobacco but cloth.Doesn't need all the nasty chemical like cotton does.

12. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

You do a great job, Thank you sir

13. I like the way you think.

14. raidmagic

raidmagic

Very nice. I am now going to buy a shirt.

15. jax59

jax59
    from nor cal

jensen apparal. portsmouuth ,va. best t shirts you can buy for any one whos interested

16. KIRK

KIRK

I totally agree with you, good move.

17. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Just tried to support your decision but mag shirts in XL and 2X are sold out[​IMG]

18. finishline

finishline

thank you,thank you,thank you...

19. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

this sounds like the right move. this should'ent be a trend, this shoud be the norm.

20. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Thanks Ryan, you are truly one of U.S.!

21. Ryan: Wether its a business vision or your personal conviction...stick with it. We all make decisions and live with them.

22. 58custom

58custom

23. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Ironic ain't it? I just sat down to a Nissin "Oriental Flavor" cup of noodles and noticed they were made in Gardena, CA. Yesterday, I saw Gardena CA stamped inside a vintage wheel made by a Company who now has their wheels made... in China. How the hell did THAT switch occur?!?

I agree. Let's put Americans back to work. That's only going to happen if we start buying from Companies here in America. As their demand increases, they hire more Americans. Awesome sentiment, Ryan. I'm in!

24. Got my vote. Good on ya.

25. Excellent idea Ryan and I hope it works out for you. Here in New Zealand I have always tried to not only support our own local shop keepers etc, but any Made in NZ product but sadly that is becoming more and more harder to do as our government is putting pressures on our industries,it is cheaper for them to move off shore and import the product into the country. Good luck with the direction you are going and one thing that is in your favour is your population numbers compared to little countries like us.

26. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

27. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Personally? I don't think you should depend upon your feelings.

28. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

I'm with ya Ryan. We the people Thank You!

29. Respect your decision

Today I searched items on lineto see what brands are made in the USA. (Blue jeans, Dishes, tools, etc)

30. 55olds88

55olds88

Classic, I have been thinking the same about the Sushi rice I see in the shops down here in NZ made in California.....

Back to the subject, way to go Ryan, its often hard to find anything made in your country be it USA or NZ these days and I'm all for supporting the local manufacturer. Here in NZ we have to think Globaly as if we stop exporting we don't have a big enough economy to produce the things we all need (well other then food and water etc).