Register now to get rid of these ads!

A bit OT - Made in the USA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I like your "obvious"
    This is not the America my dad shot Nazis out of the sky for, but I will support it.
    Thanks for all you do...:cool:

2. rotenjon

rotenjon

Way to go! keep up the good work.

3. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Kudos to you Mr Ryan..

Pay it forward to the working man..

4. The Rocketeer

The Rocketeer

As the only german in this thread I totally second Ryans comment ! Hats off !
    Too bad, it´s the same thing here in germany, too much stuff comes from China, India etc...Our automobiles are the only truly german made products
    and not even all of them are produced here, but in Slovakia,Hungary etc...
    Where´s this gonna end ?
    Since I literally grew up with american stuff here in bavaria(american
    occupied zone after ww2) I almost feel like an american,too.
    I totally agree with the others here.
    Btw, If I run into cool T-shirts "made in USA" here in germany, I´ll buy all of them, they have the best quality !
    Hope that the "Old America" like I used to know it (been there a couple of times in the early 90´s ), is gonna come back soon !
    God bless america!
    Hope this wasn´t too political,
    Chris

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You wanna change your life? Do this...

Step 1: Buy this album:

http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/broke-down-melody-music-from/id204107566

Step 2: Get a blender.

Step 3: Add ice.

Step 4: Add one frozen lime aid tube.

Step 5: Fill the lime aid tube half way with orange juice and pour that in the blender.

Step 6: Again, fill the tube half way with cheap Triple Sec and pour that in the blender.

Step 7: Now, fill the tube to the top with the highest quality Tequila you can find. Pour that in the blender... Pour a little more Tequila in depending on the time of day/night.

Step 8: Blend.

Step 9: Pour into chilled glass, add salt, add a slice of fresh lime, and head for the porch.

Step 10: Play the album until all of the concoction has been consumed.

Once done, you will have the secret to life. No shit.

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Ryan,
    Smart move to sell USA products and I will support you 100%.
    Glenn

7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Many share your conviction and passion, thanks Ryan.

8. draggler

draggler

If your not 1st ,,,,,,your last!

9. I work in an industry where all the companies are looking to the outside for a cheaper way to make something. Understandable. Especially when the profit margins are very thin due to a vast number of variables.

Some days I feel like telling them to stick this business up their asses and going home to make shit in my garage to sell (have no idea what I would make but you get my point).

Anyway...thanks for trying to keep it real.

10. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

Great job,we need more people thinking that way.

11. SCRIBE35

SCRIBE35
    from California

I wonder how many of us are typing these "pro-American-made" posts on American-made computers.....

12. If only more C.E.O.'s and owners felt the same way! GOOD ON YA! Kinda like what the guy in the Sam Adams beer commercial says,"Do what you love for a living and you wont work a day in your life." Doing what you do with a passion is what makes a company or corparation successfull. And thier customers KNOW when a company has passion for what it does. From beer to golf clubs to car parts, US customers know!

13. jrdeleon0430

jrdeleon0430

The only problem I have with automotive parts and such made outside of the US is that the quality stinks. I don't want to be driving around when something busts on my car because of poor quality. I'd rather pay a little bit more for something of quality then save a little now and spend more later. Plus, it keeps jobs here, which is something we need, especially in the manufacturing industry.

So, thanks for sticking with "Made in the USA".

14. Is it irony that I just hit your iTunes link and it said it was not currently available in the U.S. store??? Ha!

15. How 'bout a hint?

Attached Files:

16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just go straight to the iTunes store and search for the soundtrack to A Broke Down Melody.

17. Black Primer

Black Primer

Its gotta start somewhere, lead on brutha!

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that's all it is, then I understand. The tone almost felt like he needed to explain himself, which he certainly doesn't.

19. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

I have been trying to only buy American made products for many years now. It's impossible to do as most of you well know. But the more we can do to employ Americans the better.

20. Special Ed

Special Ed

It's not as difficult as you might think to actually purchase a computer assembled in this country.... :)

Is your computer assembled in America?
    Our Buy American Mention of the Week!
    [FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL]by Roger Simmermaker
    May 26, 2012
    [/FONT]

Electronics. Specifically, computers. Can't live without them, can't stand the frustration of trying to buy American when shopping for them. In this one large area, the challenge feels almost insurmountable.
    If you want to buy a computer that wasn't made in another country, don't waste your time going to the big box stores searching for one. It's more than likely that no American workers were involved in the assembly process.
    And supporting American workers involves more than just caring about which country's workers put your computer together. It's also caring about which country your customer service calls are routed to when you have a computer question, concern, or comment.
    Fortunately, this challenge is not insurmountable, and shopping for a computer can now also mean buying American. That's because there's a company called Systemax (www.SystemaxPC.com); they're my source for computer systems assembled in the USA - and at great prices. And, when you call them to place an order (like I did) or ask questions about your computer (as I did) you'll talk to an American employee who not only understands your computer, but also understands you (and vice-versa).
    If there's ever an instance where you need technical support, your call will also be answered in America. And even though I've never had to make one of those calls because my computer has never had a single problem, I still thought that was great news when I heard it.
    Perhaps you're wondering why Systemax computers, like mine, are "assembled in USA" which means a product can have a combination of foreign and domestic parts, and not "made in USA" which means it was "all or virtually all" made here with American parts and labor? Because all computer companies like Systemax get the majority of their components from other companies, and it's not up to them where these components are made.
    For example, Intel makes some of their processors in America, but not all of them. Unfortunately, a small computer company like Systemax can't demand that a corporate heavyweight, like Intel, rearrange its logistics system so that the processors they make (which go into Systemax PCs), are sourced solely from the United States. In fact, no computer company can make such a demand.
    But for Systemax customers there is comfort that we can all take. We know that regardless of whether we're looking for desktops for our homes or our businesses, whether we're using them for entertainment or productivity, and whether we're buying refurbished ones or customizing them exactly the way we want, our computers will be assembled by American workers only.
    For me, supporting an American-owned company was also very important when choosing a computer to compose all my work in support of the Buy American cause.
    Making a quick trip to Best Buy or other big-box stores that carry computers will ensure you'll be immersed in an atmosphere of foreign-owned computer companies like Acer, Asus, and Gateway (Taiwanese owned); Fujitsu, Panasonic, Sony, and Toshiba (Japanese owned); Lenovo (Chinese owned); and Samsung (Korean owned).
    Even if you were to buy a computer from an American company at one of those big box stores, it's highly unlikely that computer would be assembled in the USA. With Systemax, it's 100 percent certain. If you're in the market for a desktop or laptop for any purpose (or even a server), contact Systemax. When an American customer service representative answers your call, ask how they can create an American-assembled computer, one that will fit all of your needs, whatever they may be. I did exactly that over two years ago, and when the day comes (and I bet it's a day that's far off in the future given my Systemax's track record of zero problems) that's what I will be doing again.

21. I hear you Ryan. DON'T like Politics,DON'T want to hear about your Politics,DON'T want to hear who you voted for,etc,etc,etc!!!!
    I think it's great that you are going this route. I bet it's pretty hard to achieve this today. I remember seeing a story on the news a while back about all the things in the White House gift shop NOT being Made in the USA! Thought that was pretty funny.
    WAY TO GO RYAN! Keep up the good fight...

22. Personally? I get the feeling your putting to much analitical thought into this. Even Dr. Sigman Froide said "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

cool :)

I want to say that Staples in Hawarden IA was making hats for a good chunk of time. That location is closed but I know there is another factory in Orange City IA just down the road that maybe it got shifted to?

I could be wrong but worth looking into?

24. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

I think that this move is right in line with traditional hot rods, back then they and thier parts were made in the USA. Nice

Matt

25. Fenders

Fenders

I thought it was President Bill Clinton said that to Monica.....

26. mr shiftys used cars

mr shiftys used cars
    from sedalia,mo

Way to go brother looking out for the blue collar guy trying to make a living in the good old u.s.a. thanks ryan

27. Firefly

Firefly

Hmmmm a man after my own heart .... although it's pretty hard to buy lime aid here in NZ. I substitute frozen ice cubes of LOCALLY GROWN, hand squeezed, lime juice .... hmmmmmm, now where's my blender .....

Support LOCAL where ever you live! :D

28. If by American made computers, you mean computers assembled in USA with all American made parts.....there aren't any.

29. Hey Ryan....you're a website guru. Here's an idea for you....

How about a well-done website that helps people locate and buy American made products. There are a few already out there, but they all suck. It's a concept that hasn't been done well.