Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Heads Up vintage DRAGS - 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Feb 6, 2012.

1. so how will that work out? just run what ya brung? classes? line up with your buddy and race? pick a fight and race them?

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

We're still working out the details, but doing the eliminations early last year meant it was the same few cars running most of the day. We may just push eliminations until later in the day and just let everyone have fun all morning. There will definitely be classes, and we'll be posting definitions of each class soon.

3. Cool, Can't wait, and the new car is almost done.....TZ....where are ya....I think we gotta rematch!

4. It's only a hop, skip and a jump from where I live. I b dare!
    I went to the first one, pretty cool.

5. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Got to hit this one!!!:)

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

Wait til you see the new 2-part waterslide decals for racers. :)

7. Great idea. This should keep the action going later in the day then the last 3 years. In the past it seemed like after elliminations most cars quit running.

8. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

First event of the summer....for us vintage racers...cannot wait!!

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

I just got the details on camping.

$20 per group, so $20 for a car (and everyone in it), $20 for an RV (and everyone in it), $20 for a bus (and everyone in it)... There will be security on site overnight, AND one of the track owners will be on site overnight as well, so you don't need to worry as much about leaving your cars/trailers there. There are no electric or water hook-ups though.

If you arrive on Friday, you can get your car through tech and run some practice runs, and be ready for Saturday morning. There is a discount for running both days. I need to double-check, but I think it's $30 for Saturday, or $50 for Friday and Saturday combined.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

The new Heads Up - Meltdown waterslide decals are done (thanks to von Hartman, this year's artist!)! Remember, you must RACE at BOTH events to get both halves of the decal. :D Get the Heads Up half at the Heads Up, and the Meltdown half at the Meltdown.... put 'em together and BLAMMO! A cool decal showing you raced both events. FYI, these decals were printed by the same shop that printed Roth's waterslides. :cool:

[​IMG][/img]

11. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't make it Friday, but how early will the gates be open Saturday morning? Thanks

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

I think by 7, but I'll double-check.

13. ARNIE

ARNIE

Just got "High Times" back together. I'll be there!! Here is a photo of test & tune from Sun. Arnie

Attached Files:

14. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

That's ok Eric. Your car is not bad for a 301. I'll pass on the motor build though... didn't anybody tell your oil isn't suppose to match your paint? Glittering with GOLD!

If you want to line up against me with that chainsaw motor of yours, I'll be there.

15. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

I certianly will....if your not drained of all your bodily fluids....
    Dont want you passing out at the top end and putting it dirty side up...well dirtier side up I guess.

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

Here's the plan:

The track has confirmed that they will have extra tech inspectors on hand this year so that there won't be the long lines and delays we had last year. The staff at the line should be better informed this year, too.

Here's our tentative schedule:

Tech opens at 9. You can hit the track as soon as you pass tech. Alternatively, you could swing by Friday night, get tech'd and make some passes and be ready to go in the morning.

9am - Noon is test n' tune, race as much as you want

Mandatory Drivers meeting at 11:00 (later than last year so more people can make it).

Mini-Bike drags at 12

After the mini bikes is when the racing starts to count. This is when we will start the hand-written timing slips and start giving out waterslide decals to racing participants. Lanes will be divided up by speed. In between rounds (if there is time between rounds), all lanes are open for testing, grudge matches, etc after round 3 the track will stay open untill there is no more interest.

Round 1 EVERYONE races 1PM

Round 2 EVERYONE races 3PM

Round 3 EVERYONE, and round robin eliminations until the last car is running.

There will be five staging lanes. The track may change this, so don't commit it to memory.

Lane 1 will be 11.99 and faster
    Lane 2 will be 12.00 - 12.99
    Lane 3 will be 13.00 - 13.99
    Lanes 4-5 will be 14.00 and slower

I've been getting emails from all over. It looks like we're going to have a really nice turn out with a lot of nice cars.

17. Richiestix

Richiestix

Doc. need help with the BBQ? what ya need

18. Really looking forward to this years heads up and the TD / DD BBQ!
    Got the wagon dialed in and ready to go!

19. Good info, thanks for the advanced notice.

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

less than a week away!
    looking forward to the smell of burning rubber!

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

I got the Econo back on all 4s yesterday. I have a LOT of little things to do, but it looks like it might make it, and it won't be twisting up any driveshafts this year!

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Here's a sneak peek at the shirt by way of Living in Skin!

[​IMG]

23. Tits!

24. Even though it's way different then the shirts from past years, I dig it.

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I wanted to do something a little different this time, and change it up from the previous years' Heads Up/Pile Up look and feel. There is also a light blue non-ringer version.

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

aka Marcy!

27. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Doc....Fugitives are donating 3 cases of beer and I think dogs & buns...

AWESOME SHIRT DESIGN!!!

Czars & Fugitives got the R,W, & B covered!!! Love it!

28. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Had a great time last weekend at the American Street Rod Association Nostalgia drags...Wish I could attend this weekend.

Attached Files:

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Where was that?

30. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Benton Illinois, I-57 Dragway
    DD