Register now to get rid of these ads!

A bit OT - Made in the USA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 12, 2012.

1. As a country, we need to fix ourselves first finacially, and the first step is to keep the money and jobs here. I think you did the right thing (not trying to sound political :D )

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Darn it.......Your sold out of the BELL hats........Err.

Congrats on going USA........

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Good decision!

OT irony: Ball caps sold in the Houston Veterans hospital, made in Vietnam.:confused:

I'm sure it may cut into profits for you Ryan, but I doubt anyone here would mind a price increase, if needed. I have confidence you'll make the right call.

4. belair

belair

good decision.

5. deeddude

deeddude

The guy Ryan was describing sounds a lot like me; except for the bumper stickers. LOL
    I’ve been trying to buy “Made in the USA” for some time now. Again not for any political reason, but to support Americans doing jobs that should stay here in America.
    You guys have made many valid points and I can’t add anything that hasn’t been mentioned. That’s probably why this community works so well together, we think alike and like old American made cars.

6. ManiacT

ManiacT

Thanks Ryan,
    I applaud that decision 100%. Good work, am proud of you.
    Ahooooogaaaaaaaaaaaa...................

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  7. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Wow! I'm impressed. Not by the fact it's all american but because you run your business with something other than the bottom dollar as a priority.

good on you

8. I would say your moral and ethical fiber is
    tightly woven.
    Will there be HAMB bumper stickers? :confused: :D

9. pitman

pitman

Well said Mr. C !

10. deto

deto

Right on brother.

11. Good for you! I try to buy "Made in the USA" but it can be hard some times. I also don't give a shit about peoples political affiliations, that's your business so keep it to yourself. :p I have family that bombard me with their views and even if I agree I get tired of hearing it all the time.

So there!

12. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Great call ryan!!!!!

13. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Kudos from New Hampshire, the Live Free or Die state. Buy local, buy often, let's chase the recession away. As a veteran who just welcomed his marine grandson home from his second tour of Afghanistan, HOORAH from both of us!

14. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

iI'm all for American made good on you.

However, The above quote, I think is the best ever posted on the hamb. EVER. I think it will change how I go forward at work and personally. It is a life changer. I know it sound kiss ass, but I do think it will change me / my life.

15. Zerk

Zerk

That's a reasoned decision, and one I'll be happy to support. I need something H.A.M.B.

16. True leaders lead by example.

Thank you for your conviction, Boss. :cool:

17. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Good on ya Ryan, it will be worth the higher price tags for you and us in the end.

18. 327Eric

327Eric

Great choice. I will be supporting you further come payday.

19. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What's interesting to me is that you felt the need to come on here and justify your actions. Do you think anyone would have complained if you had not explained? As an experiment, it might have been more interesting to just do it and then see who noticed (as evidenced by their making a post about it here). I suspect that most would have just nodded and thought "cool" and then kept shopping.

20. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

thats what they used to call...... takein care of each other. KEEP IT HERE !!!

21. TERPU

TERPU

Thank you, that type of thinking will put America back on top again. I'm not against another Country or the work they can provide us here in the USA. But I am loving the trend of America standing up and saying be proud of what and who we are! We should never have to apologize for being kind hearted, well intended, and fair to a point of pain. Buy American-Be American! We'll all be better for it. Hurry up and ge the book out, We can't wait for it.

Good Job Ryan

Tim

22. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

23. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

way to go Ryan Thanks for your insight on how things should be done to keep this country going. Mike

24. I try to buy American made when I can. Ten years ago you had a choice, buy American and pay a lot for it or the Chinese knock off for cheap but was junk. Nowadays it is hard to even find an item that is American made.

Just say 'n. Good for you Ryan.

Attached Files:

25. willymakeit

willymakeit

Great call. There are some sites to find American made items. I try to buy as much as I can.
    Thanks

26. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

You are a good dude Ryan, thank you

27. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Thanks Boss.
    I just hope the X-L shirts are Corn fed American X-L, so my wife only gets one and I can have one too. I'll pay the extra gladly.
    I dont think that came out flatteringly. The X-L is for me.

28. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

This made my day, I love it. You have my support and I thank you.

29. thanks for what you do, I think that is a great decision.

30. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I understand your questioning Ryan's need to come and justify what he's doing but I imagine that he probably thought long and hard about what to do. Like any normal person, he want's feedback on his decision.

I like the post. I like his reasons and his explanation.

I think that there should be more people like Ryan. He put's his passion on the line every day. When he wrestles with a problem like any other business owner does, at least he lets you know what's going on and why.

The bonus is that If we buy shirts, we actually help out two American companies. That's cool.