Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Just doin a basic triangulated four link. My buddy Nick does awesome fab Work and is Big into The mini truckin scene. Hes gnna be doin The step notch and links for me. Just picked up a 9 inch last week to swap in place of The beat 10 bolt. Ill have a build thread up soon

2. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

so today i continued working on the door jams , tailgate jam and the fire wall , so by next monday that stuff should be ready for primer , i also at home have been working on re building the carbs and polishing the housing .

heres a before and after
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i also smoothed out the 3 rd member housing
    [​IMG]

stamped my name in it

[​IMG]

and painted it

[​IMG]

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

cool i cant wait to see you build thread.

4. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, doing some nice polish work, looks great. Neat touch with your name stamped in housing. Years from now someone will say " Was this a special rear end made for this car??"...Jim

5. linkstar69

linkstar69

The attention to detail is just wonderful Cody, thanks for posting

6. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

im in love with this awesome build!

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I remember the SUs on my 1970 Austin Healey Sprite with great........er.......fondness

8. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the answer to that question is of course "Yes!"

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks jim with stamping my name in the rear , actually ive also stamped the trailing arms , frame, intake , swing out tail light , and so on and so on , i guess every artist has to leave his name somewhere on his masterpiece , ive just discreatly done it all over the car :D

thanks for the kind words

lol

so far they have been exetremely simple to rebuild , i know they were never ment for this engine but everytone i talk to loves them as well , i guess we'll see :eek:
    yah every part on this this thing is special :D

10. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

11. jhutch713

jhutch713

That is one bad ride. Love it! Keep it up you're in the home stretch. My hat is off to you and your skills. Peace

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I was 17 and treated the car like a red headed stepchild and didn't shit from shinola, but I sure had a lot of fun.

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

monday update time again , so today i worked on the windshild wiper set up , since i put the mastercylinder where the windshild wiper motor orignal went i had to do something a little different , so i went with specitaly power windows windshild wiper kit its a cable type set up.
    [​IMG]
    the orignal wiper setup
    [​IMG]
    sorry the pic is side ways , i had to grind the top of this off wiper arm off so i could take it apart and adapt the new guts to the old outer shaft
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=750><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> so here it is with the new cable place in to the orgional housing

[​IMG]

i had to place the motor inside the inner cowl area and then run the tubing up to the arms

here i am buffing another carb at home over the weekend

[​IMG]

and just another shot of the wagon
    [​IMG]

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks yah, im planninig on getting one
    thank you , i finally fell that im on the home stretch now i guess since the the day i sent all my stuff out to be chromed :D
    lol it seem like thoes cars that you beat the crap out of growing up you always have the fondest memorys of down the line .:eek::D

15. oldman2

oldman2

So how does the wiper system work, nice and smooth?....Jim

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Yah Jim it works great of corse I only had it in there for mock up but when I hooked power to it everything was smooth .

17. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Yeah I will start a build thread on my wag once I get it to my new house, should be this fall. Right now I am building (attempting to de-rustify) a '67 C10 and have a build over on 67-72chevytrucks. My screen name there is 67c10rustbuket, I just realized Jim oldman2 is also on there as oldman3..I have to get the truck running and legal to park it outside due to the HOA no projects in driveway rule, then I can bring my wag home.

Wag is looking great man!

18. oldman2

oldman2

59brokewood, yeah I'm one and the same. Truck site has a lot of great builds, I'll have to check yours out, later....Jim

19. The_Hermit

The_Hermit
    from France

I just finished this thread and I can barely believe it. Sooo much work into so many neat touches that no-one will ever see unless they come read this thread.

I can't wait to see how this pans out. I'm subscribed .... and wondering how the hell I missed this before.

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

so this past thursday i got the wagon's door jambs and fire wall primed , and today i spent the entire day sanding them again , but on a good note there ready for the final prime and paint , also tonight i finished up the carbs , so hopefully here by the end of the month we'll have the motor fired up all ill have a video posted of it running .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

I am totally in love with those carbs. Man Cody those came out awesome.

22. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

cool i cant wait

thank you for taking the time out to go threw it all. , yes there is so many small changes and neat touches that at time to me the car looks verry stock and i wonder what in the world have i been doing for the last 6 years , but then again i dont have another 59 just laying around to compair it to :D

23. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, carb's are just super, nice job. Now I can't wait till the end of the month, to hear that baby.....Jim

24. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

[QUOTE yes there is so many small changes and neat touches that at time to me the car looks verry stock and i wonder what in the world have i been doing for the last 6 years , but then again i dont have another 59 just laying around to compair it to :D[/QUOTE]

Looking good Cody, when your car is done it will show the results of all the work and it will have people looking at it for a long time to figure out what is different. Can't wait to hear the 6 fire up

25. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yea, you might want to get another in pure stock form to park next to it. That will help those of us without your vision and creativity figure out what's going on everywhere. :eek:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  26. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Carbs are sexxxxyy! just like the rest of the car! That is a lot of work polishing around all those curves.

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

so today i only have one picture and a little bit of an update , over the past week i finished up the rest of the lankage on the manifold to the carbs and there ready to be put on the motor and run , today i did a lot of sanding and sanding and more sanding , the door jambs and firewall are ready for paint , i have a little bit of sanding on the dash yet to do but i should be finishing that up thursday nigth , so hopefully next week there should be some color on the wagon :)

[​IMG]

28. Tank

Tank

Right on brother. Lookin killer as usual.

29. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

sorry i dont get back to you guys right away , with me putting a lot of extra time in the wagon , Familey ,and everything else i just cant sit down eveyday and right back , soo ill most likely respond to everyones coments and questions on monday's

thanks jim, your not the only one that cant wait to here this thing run. :D actually ive been waiting 5 years :eek:

Looking good Cody, when your car is done it will show the results of all the work and it will have people looking at it for a long time to figure out what is different. Can't wait to hear the 6 fire up[/QUOTE]

thanks, yah i think if i keep the hood down it will really stomp some people.

lol, i wish could but then that will take money away from my next project im going to do once i get the wagon finished , also there is no way i can fit two 59 chevy's in my garage.

thank you , yes it was a lot of work , the big curves are pretty forgiving and easy , its all the nooks and crannys that ate up a lot of time .

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks rob