Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mother of Member Odins701

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Sherry.Norman, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Regarding Odins701:

In 2009, we all nearly lost my son Cliff Golby (Odins701) in a horrible accident of unimaginable pain. Pain. Hell. Agony more like. A parent should never hear the blood and body fluids of a child dripping off a bed unto a floor. Dripping. Dripping. His blood on the floor. Should never see flesh coming undone. More. So much more.

The things his wife had to see. And do. My God, what a strong woman.

Several nights in a row Clifton's surgeon said he was not likely to make it through the night. But he came through. Against all odds, and I do mean ALL odds, he came through. He's done everything they said he would never do again. The first one being live. All but for the use of his hands and his arms. Now he has a chance to recover.

Three locations in the States can do transplants of muscle and nerve repair and make arms and hands work again. One is at Mayo of Jacksonville. Clifton's first visit is on June 11th.

A lovely man, Eric Riley, on his Facebook page has offered to match every donation of $4.00 or more up to $300.00 toward our fund raising to fund Clifton's travel expenses to begin the rebuilding of his arms.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/cIM31?psid=10b4caa0993e46f58c9da2d969d055c0&ref=nf

Until he recovers further, his 1930 Model A Tudor Sedan sits in his garage, unfinished.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

3. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

For those who would rather contact my son directly, his mailing address is:

Cliff Golby, 5816 Ottawa Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462

His email is: [email protected]

4. Welcome to the H.A.M.B from Ga

5. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Get well soon Cliff!

6. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you for the welcome.

Sherry

7. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you.

Clifton arrives today to go to Mayo for the day tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

That is just devestating. The pictures made my heart ache for all of you. Praying for a complete recovery for Odins701. I will check out the donation site.

9. Welcome Ma'am, and get well soon Odins701..

10. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you, Tommyd.

11. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you, Sinastir.

12. hicklers

hicklers

Welcome from So.California... And a speedy recovery for Cliff

13. John B

John B

Don't have much, but I gave a little

14. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you, Hicklers.

15. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you, John, very much. Every single amount helps.

I have an update from my son. I will post it in a moment.

16. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

From my son Cliff Golby:

So I just got off the phone with Dr. Murray! He has reviewed my nerve tests and wants to proceed starting with tendon transfers on my left arm!

The Plan is to do one procedure at a time and measure the improvements in order to plan the next procedure. We are planning (in no defined order as of yet) a couple of tendon transfers in the left arm for wrist and finger extensions, major elbow surgery to remove calcium deposits (actually the most complex and might not be out patient), a couple of tendon transfers in the right arm for wrist and finger extensions, and repair the tendons in my curled fingers (so I can straighten them!).

There will be many surgeries but they are all mostly out patient. He said to plan each visit for 3-4 hrs. under the knife and then 2 to 3 days in a hotel, after surgery, then a follow-up visit and then I can go home to recover. Pain management is going to be an issue since I can't take narcotics. Anyway, I should get a call next week to schedule a pre-surgery and surgery appointments!

It has been suggested to me by several of you to raise the goal amount! I want say that you guys are so wonderful to me and Thank You All for helping me through this. Remember that I am able to use the computer and very handy with it, if anyone needs help with computer related stuff, please let me know.

My web site is http://www.mynewwebguy.com

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/cIM31

17. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

18. oj

oj

Cliff and i 'talk' from time to time on here and he is a great guy.
    I think you need to move this thread to the main forum, this section is limited to inroductions and Clif needs no introduction on here as he is a well rspected member.
    Perhaps Ryan will give your thread special statis and create an avinue where we may contribute.
    I myself will need an address to send a donation as i don't dare go to facebook or other social sites.
    If you could post an address where i can send a donation i would appreciate it, thanks for the update, oj

19. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you, Molon Labe.

I don't know how to move a thread. Do you mean have the entire thread moved? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

I will try to contact Ryan.

Clifton's mailing address is:

Cliff Golby
    5816 Ottawa Road
    Virginia Beach, VA 23462

20. My prayers go out to you your son and the rest of your family. Gods speed.

21. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you, Leadfootloon.

22. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman