Register now to get rid of these ads!

KKOA Salina 2012 whos going from ia/ne/north?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, May 12, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

itd be cool to see a time lapse video of the exit into town on the first day or two of people showing up, hot rods and customs just pouring into town :) still thrashing, might be tight but i think its still a go

2. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Hay you guys that haven't been there. Check this out .The last year KKOA Leadsled Salina show will be featured on the TV show My Classic car on Speed Channel with Dennis Gage It will be aired Sunday June 24 th at 2:30 pm and also June 26 th at 4:30 pm. Dennis interviewed me about my Airflow at the show ,I just hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself,LOL.

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Got our room! its go time :)

4. that's a great idea.. i like that!!!!

5. HEY TIM!!!
    if you got anymore people that are coming in that need rooms..send them to KNIGHTS INN...they were really friendly over the phone and said they have rooms availble when i called last!

6. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

Tim,
    We are going down Thursday from Lincoln. I'm taking my 48 Cadison (Hudson body on Northstar Cadillac). I think we are taking 81 down. Would love to convoy with as many people as possible.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool, for right now I'm among on being in Lincoln Thursday and heading towards 81 Friday am with.... Well hopefully with some Lincoln people. That'll break my trip in half in case I need to do some wrenching on the car halfway. And let me drive Friday before its 900 deg.

Excited to see everybody, looking like I should make it in the ford, knock on wood.

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

VERY TRUE! and I live in the midwest. We had sweat pouring off us a couple of years back & we only picked up parts from 'Carkiller' and the wife said "This is hotter than Bonnevile, let's go"........Whew!

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

107 in the shop today wrenching on the 46 so i can make the show and had to laugh thinking i was laboring away in the heat just to go drive to kansas and sit in the heat haha

10. Rat54

Rat54

I will be there to check out the rides. Unfortunately the pickup wont be done. My goal is to have it ready for next year

11. dexleo2

dexleo2

I will be there. Going to hitch a ride with a good friend of mine in his mercury since the Model A is not completed yet. Can't wait to check out all the cars and bake in the heat...... Nothing better...

12. Too Tall

Too Tall

I'll be coming down from the Windy City. Counting the daze. Still looking for a room.

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

we try to get as many cars as we can on the video....
    we will be there filming again this year.

14. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I'm headed down Wednesday afternoon. should be there around 9pm or so. Looking forward to it!

15. carkiller

carkiller

Were going saturday, Not sure about our ride yet. Sold the cadillac at Goodguys Desmoine but we will be there. Cal

16. Planning on going Thursday, if the state of Kansas doesnt spontaniously combust!!! Its going to be another scorcher this year for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Only going to be hot if you bring your nose high 55, that thing is hotter than a fresh f#*%ked fox in a forest fire. Saw the front of it on My Classic Car show.

Actually, all the talk of the heat. Don't let it scare you away if yer sitting on the fence. Yah, its hot in Kansas in July. But usually not the whole weekend. A front passes through and takes the humidity away, and its a damn fine place to be. Tons of shade in the park, not so at the Friday night drags, tho.

See you there, Lar...

Delray54