Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can't wash my 40 anymore (rant)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalman

metalman

Seeing as how my lawn is burning up for the lack of water due to the water company recommended 3 day max on watering I'd gladly wash my car on the lawn if I could but that would require me to cut down a 30 year old pine tree and that would probably get the tree huggers on my case!
    Moozooma, this is how the fire marshall explained it. We were filling in some old gas tanks at my old shop, we couldn't remove them (building was over them) so the EPA guy gave us a permit to fill them in place with sand. Fire marshall insisted they be fill with concrete instead of sand. when the contractor asked where that requirement was written the guy said it wasn't but he had the authority to require what "he" determined nessasary on a case by case basis. Could we of fought it, sure, but that would of shut down the whole operation for months and I couldn't afford to wait since I had a big hole blocking the bay doors. When asked why he thought it needed concrete he said so we wouldn't be tempted to dig the sand out and start using the tanks again! Good logic again.

2. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

Yeah right fill em' with concrete...that way anything that's in em' will be pushed right to the top and spill on the ground. Were as, if you fill em' with sand it will soak up anything that's in em' and you can concrete right over them. Where's the common sense in that decision. Dumb asses.

3. 2935ford

2935ford

are you sure you live in the U. S. of A.?

4. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

I got a warning for not having our grass green enough! BTW, we wash the vehicles on the weekend when the Pinheads aren't patroling.

5. In Shantytown nobody cares what you do. No gates, no restrictions, no nothing...

6. Finsinthemirror

Finsinthemirror

This is pretty extreme. I had no idea this type of thing goes on. I've never had an issue washing my cars but then again I pretty much always do it at 10 p.m.

7. dmikulec

dmikulec

Actually, Albuquerque Mayor Richard J. Berry is a member of the Republican Party. He's been in office since 2009

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.