Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rendering Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Coalition, Jun 11, 2012.

1. I am not sure if this is an appropriate thread but here it goes. I am building a '27 T-Modified on a budget and a short timeline. Before I go start into the project I need a rendering done for our Central California website, Old Cars and Motorsports Newspaper, and our GNRS application. Does anybody recommend a reasonable priced and reliable person who could knock out a rendering for me? Hope everybody had a great weekend.

2. daddio211

daddio211

Jimmy Smith, Jeff Norwell, Jeff Allison and dozens of others who.are very active on this board come to mind.

3. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I'm sure I could make you something but I'm busy right now, I would recommend Kevin Carter "Car n Art" or Todd Jones or Chad Lampert.

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

JeffreyJames does some cool computer artwork....can you hook a friend up JJ?

5. I have a question that maybe a photoshop expert can answer. Is there an effects option in photoshop that changes a photo into line art? Maybe a little clean up and the result would be what he needs.

Charlie Stephens

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

If there is Charlie, I haven't found it yet...maybe some computer guys can chime in here and let both of us know...

R-

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

I've done a few myself.

8. Thry the HAMB 'odex here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Pick a few that look promising to you then post asking about their work.

I like Norwell's work but I am biased (opinionated), actually 40studedude is an artist as well and his stuff is also good. maybe he will help you out.

9. Charlie there are a number of ways to do this in Photoshop and get decent results with minimal effort. I dont believe using just the effects options will render anything worthy however. Considering the intended use of the artwork I would highly recommend soliciting help from one or more of the most excellent and critically acclaimed artists that hang out here on the HAMB. Since Chad was the first to answer your call I would jump at the chance for him to offer up his services if I were you. His stuff is mighty awesome !!

10. tommyboyink

tommyboyink
    from santa rosa

11. tommyboyink

tommyboyink
    from santa rosa

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

13. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I guess I'm not a household name yet. Maybe if I do a nude photo shoot.......

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

If your avatar is any indication of the rest of you Del...I'd forget that angle too...LOL...!!!

Besides, I'm not known as a household name either...maybe we'd better work on it a bit more...think...???

R-

15. Swanson, your work is great. I have a meeting with Speedway Motors on Wednesday and they are expecting a rendering of the project. I will be building one of their "Tribute T's" for the GNRS in 2013. Can we chat over the phone so I can give you specifics?

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Did you ever call Brian Stupski? I think your biggest issue is time! Sorry I had to pass it up, señor! Just not enough time to knock it out.

17. ryno

ryno

try joel at 1320 designs.
    hes done a few for me, good dude
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  18. ALLISON

ALLISON

looks like Im a little late on this request, but if your still looking Im available.. and I have done design/rendering work on GNRS cars (and Riddler) cars many times... Take-out-T probably being the most recognized in this forum... i dont know what those other guys charge, but I generally get $300 to $500 for the kind of art i think your looking for... I do ruff sketches, finished illustrations.. whatever you need... and usually have a few neat and different ideas of my own to add to the mix... I dont need photos of a finished car to produce illustrations of a finished car.. all i need are the details you want and i can put it all together....
    this sample image for instance is something Ive been thinking of for myself... something more creative and interesting than your average car show rod
    if you want to see more images Im in the HAMBodex, have hundreds of images on FB, or check out my site www.jeffallisondesign.com

and that goes for anyone reading this:)
    [​IMG]

19. ALLISON

ALLISON

[​IMG]

another example, different style:)

20. ALLISON

ALLISON

or the quicky sketch pad look??? :)[​IMG]

21. ALLISON

ALLISON

heres another idea that might be cool if your doing an AMBR car?? for GNRS, a cut away is always impressive, and even useful... and since Im already part of an AMBR project for 2013 I have to admit, it would be pretty neat to be included in two of them the same year:)

[​IMG]

22. The quicky sketch pad would be perfect. We are not shooting for the AMBR, we are actually building this car for a couple different mags and online sites to show the new generation that you can build a high quality hot rod for under 10K. We have had to get very creative but the car is coming a long beautifully. With that said $300 is out of our budget. We are wanting something around $100. Not sure if you can make that happen. It will be seen on www.hotrodcoalition.com and published in 50,000 copies of Old Cars and Motorsports Newspaper which is distributed in Northern Ca and Central Ca. Thanks for connecting with me.

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Allison one off for $300 is a bargain? With all those people that I know attend your show you could pull that off?

24. Too bad HRC is in the negative, you don't make much $ when you offer a free event.

25. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I'm sorry I didn't respond before this, I haven't been on here for a while. You can call me at 1-262-752-4344 or e-mail me at [email protected]. To be honest though, I won't be able to do it for $100.00. I understand money is tight, and I wish I could afford to do it for that. I hope you can find someone!
    Del

26. ALLISON

ALLISON

Im pretty quick Hot Rod, and dont mind doing discounts for jobs with publicity:)... If your diggin the sketch pad look Im sure I can hook you up... shoot me an email or text and Ill get back to ya... we can talk.
    [email protected]
    509-879-2952

27. ALLISON

ALLISON

Oh... and keep your eyes peeled for the AMBR car I mentioned... you peeps will know which one it is, it will be the amazing one!... and thats about all I can let out right now:)

28. jimbousman

jimbousman

Sort of. There is a filter under the heading called "Find Edges" under the "Stylize" heading in the pull down "Filter Menu." If you play with it a bit you can create a rough outline. I use it once in a while to start off a real line art project.

Attached Files: