Register now to get rid of these ads!

When your wife helps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Orlando1701, Jun 10, 2012.

1. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I can only remember once when my wife (girlfriend at the time) helped me put the roof on this 34 P/U so that
    I could weld it up. I was unchopping the top. It wasn't heavy, just awkward. It only took a 1/2 hour and she was gone.

2. 73super

73super

I don't ask the wife for help... that invites her in to my "cave time". If I do that she might want to be a regular visitor and I'm sorry.. as much as I love her.. my shop is my shop and I go there for ME time. She loves my cars, but could care less about being in there and I want to make sure I keep it that way!

3. Chevy48

Chevy48

It has been said before women have their hair, men have their cars!

I don’t do her hair, she don’t do my cars.

However, I do ask her to occasionally hold my tool. :D

4. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

STOP YOUR WHINING, my wife hurts me worse then that during 4-play.
    B.B.

5. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

I love when my wife helps me wit my Willys !

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  6. chopped

chopped

When these threads come up I always wonder why some of you ever got married.

7. My wife loves my old car obsession and even encourages it, but she won't even set foot in the garage because she says the floor is nasty (it's not).

I've just had some spills in there over the years and have cleaned them up completely but the concrete is not that pristine concrete color anymore.

8. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

X2 - Alternate headline: When your wife helps- "sh#t gets all messed up"

My wife came into the shop once and knocked over some new plugs I had just re gapped with a laundry basket and put them back on the counter and did not tell me. One of the plugs was bent closed and I spent hours trying to find the missfire. Unless she is delivering a Sammich she can stay away from my stuff.

9. Mine is pretty good, she can even light the torch and hand it to me without setting anything on fire. I have to tell her often enough to go back in the house and take off all her chains & rings (jewelry..). She knows more about cars then a lot of guys, she's seen the greasy innards of just about anything mechanical.

She was good at taking a stock car off and on the trailer. People in the pits got a kick out of that especially after the feature.

Bob

10. daddio211

daddio211

Shoebox? Check.

Helpful wife? Check.

[​IMG]

Saturday I cleaned out the garage, moved her '48 Chevy pickup out, and brought my dad's '50 home. Couldn't have done it without her! Had to make two trips to get all of my tools too!

Now tell her thanks by going to www.ClassyNSassy.net and buying your wife something nice, LOL.

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

How bout wife and kids?
    [​IMG]

12. fbama73

fbama73

My wife doesn't do much in the garage. She'll occasionally help bleed brakes and such, but her favorite way to help the build is to search for parts.

My 11 year old daughter, however...

[​IMG]

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine whines for two days every time I ask her to pump the brakes on a project to bleed them and absolutely wouldn't help on any other part of a vehicle or the boat. Back in our younger days her favorite thing was to see if she could get me distracted from working on the 48 and maybe that's why it never really got done.

14. sometimes an extra hand aint worth losing a finger lol

15. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

If it were'nt fer the ole lady , i would'nt be what i am today.....AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME if ya want.
    B.B.

16. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

My wife want never help me in the garage

She says it's dirty and not funny

17. Gromit

Gromit

lol! best reply :)