Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm new to the forum but old in age (61)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by crossramintakeuser, Jun 9, 2012.

1. I stumbled across H.A.M.B. by accident while trying to research a problem for someone else. I used to have a '62 Dodge Dart back in 1969 through 1972. I have another one now that I waited 4 decades to get and the buyer lied to me and the engine was shot, every exhaust gasket leaked, the head gaskets were blown, the fuel tank was shot, it had a small 6 cylinder driveshaft, there were so many things wrong with the car that it was dump a lot of money in the engine it had in it (a '67 440 with the original intake, heads and carbs) so I had an engine built to my specs. I learned a lot of things on my own that I see people in all car magazines make, even the editors, and I've seen a lot of things in print that say if you use much carburation on your car it will bog off the line because the engine can't handle that much airflow and if the heads have ports that are too big the car will bog too. I dispelled that with the engine I had built and I also learned a lot about jetting the carbs on a Max Wedge engine. I found the jetting Mopar used on the Max Wedge cars with the short intake runners and they are staggered jetted. I know what works, what doesn't and how to get it to work right if it isn't and want to share the info with people who may have some problems and tried everything the "experts" suggested to do and none of their tips worked. I'm not the world's smartest person but I put in enought time and effort to figure out any "problems" by myself and getting a few tips from my engine builder. What I tell you will work but only if you do everything right and that's a lot until you get used to it and then its only a few seconds before your car with the crossram intake will start, not backfire through the carbs and act much more like a "normal" car than a hot street rod. I grew up in the "Golden Age" of American Musclecars and lived through it all and those were the best times this country has ever seen

2. Welcome to the H.A.M.B from Ga

3. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

4. Chevy48

Chevy48

Welcome from Boston!

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. cross ram intake fan here.

6. Welcome from Mississippi

7. Greaser_Kat13

Greaser_Kat13

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Dixie.

8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OLD???---I was born in 1932!!!

9. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tennessee .

10. 10bucks