Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 53 Business Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevtrev, Nov 26, 2011.

1. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Very nice great metal work

2. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Man looks great, just curious you keeping the belt line trim and if so is everything lining up with the changes?

3. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Hey eric, I will be reinstalling the stainless belt trim when finished. Everything so far has been lining up very nicely. The corners of the window drop down the little bit at the corners when we tipped the window frame. Gonna lose the outside edge of the rubber seal as it will be behind the trim. Other than that i see no problem keeping your trim.

4. schaefer

schaefer

We got some work done today!
    [​IMG]

5. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Here are some more pics from todays work. Got the driver side sail panels all buttoned up and fitted. Got the lower piece fitted first.

[​IMG]

Once this lower section was tacked in and fitted correctly, laid out the top piece and slowly worked my way around the panel tacking as I go.

[​IMG]

Here is a closer look at the b-pillars ground down, I still have a bit more work to do on the lower corner of the window.

[​IMG]

All fitted, this roof is looking very nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glorified side poser shot. Very happy with how everything is flowing and looks like both sides are even which is great! Now that everything is fitted, I can start gas/hammer welding the roof and get this chop moving.

[​IMG]

Schaefer took this shot. I absolutely love this angle because my new truck is in the background as well. My two babies!

[​IMG]

6. Man that looks cool.
    Keep up the great work.

7. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

That is so stinkin' sexy!!! Nice work!!

9. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

10. ChrisBorsheim

ChrisBorsheim

Great build. I'm digging the blue/silver two tone. Maybe go with that for the color scheme?

11. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thank you all for the kind words!

The blue/silver two tone combo is one possibility I am considering for my final paint scheme. I am not gonna say anything yet as I have changed my mind on this about 10 times already and wont know for sure till im ready for paint...haha

12. 73super

73super

Yeah.. those of us working on '49 - 50's are swapping out for the '51 and up.. better braking system. My '49 has a '51 front end. Somebody will want it!

13. DMacias

DMacias
    from So Cal

You have the car and the truck... all you need now is a Harley and you'll have the Trifecta!

14. I love the chop in this car. The proportions are soooo right it's scary! Fucking perfect!

15. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

16. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Man looking great

17. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Haha, I will never own a Harley! If I ever did own a bike which I will not, I would fabricate and build my own custom hardtail.

Wow, thank you mitch, this means a lot to me. I strive for perfection which is sometimes frustrating as I'm still learning a lot and have to stay realistic that this isn't gonna be perfect the first time.

Thank you green grenade

18. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn good looking chop!

19. m.kozlowski

m.kozlowski

Beautiful chop. And welding skill s also :)

20. ausbuick

ausbuick

looks cool dude i think that even the color combo could be a winner aswell........
    "silver flaked roof"
    cheers darren

21. sololobo

sololobo

Great business coupe, a rare one to find. I like the direction you are headed in, nothing cooler than a roarin sis shooter. Speedway Motors has some nice headers for that at a good price, check the race catalog. Best-o-luck with the build. ~sololobo~

22. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

I actually got a brand new set of headers of a fellow HAMBer a while back. He bought them for his 53 chevy truck and never put them on, got a smoking deal on them. Anyways, here is a pic of my engine with them bolted up. Engine bay needs a load of work yet, need to fold up new inner fenders and smooth out my firewall a bit.
    [​IMG]

23. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

nice, keep at it!

Godspeed
    MrC.

24. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

metal is looking really nice! Chop proportions are Perfect! (I Know I've mentioned that before, but everytime I see that direct side shot, I get wood!

25. flattrap

flattrap

Real nice chop it looks killer! Nice metal work keep it up!

26. Going back a bit, how was the transmission adapter kit quality and ease of installation? And what rear end/gearing did you choose? I am assuming you have yet to drive the combination yet to give a report on that. I am considering the same thing for my '47 Chev in which I will be keeping the 6.

27. Dlow64

Dlow64
    from SoCal

Nice! I have a Club Coupe Deluxe my self.

Your doing good work, Looks great

28. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Hey crusty. I have yet to test everything on this transmission adapter. At the moment I have just bolted the tranmission up to my motor, It does not have the torque converter, flywheel and starter bolted up yet. But other than that I am very happy with the quality and how nicely it fit up to the back of my block. I am using a 10 bolt out of a 1981 monte carlo. I will be installing 3.73 gears into this. Hope this helps you out in some way.

Thanks once again for the encouragement! Hope to get some more work done on the car this sunday.

29. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Summer has finally arrived here in Langley and I have been busy enjoying the sun and tuning up my new daily driver, 1966 GMC pickup. Got back to working on the car today. Decided that I wanted to radius the tops of the doors. With my focus on trying to make everything flow correctly, I feel that this subtle modification is needed. The driver side turned out pretty good, it does take a fair amount of time, longer than I expected but im very happy with how it turned out.

Marked out the radius I wanted.

[​IMG]

Door is cut and ready

[​IMG]

Started adding the filler piece, this was a bit tricky as there is a tight body line up under the drip rail.

[​IMG]

Cut the filler piece to match the door gap and new radius. Next step was to fill relief cut and new outter door corner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Driver side complete

[​IMG]

rytang likes this.
  30. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris