Register now to get rid of these ads!

Limeworks Chrestliner wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Automotive Stud, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Has anyone received theirs yet? I put down my money in April and I'm still waiting.

2. hudson48

hudson48

I did my deposit in November and recall(but can't find the source) that they would begin shipping in early February.
    Of course they say that the deposit is refundable no questions asked.

3. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Just to keep everyone up to speed , we are just getting the retainer plate for the horn ring made. I have just done the engineering for the center of the wheel . The rest of the tool is made. we are expecting wheels in May .They are 16" diameter & will fit different columns , all will be off white , made in the traditional style "no billet" .

Thanks for everyone's patience, this has been a 5 year journey & were almost there.Price complete will be $850 , 100 in the 1st run $300 deposit to get on the list (which is pretty long now ,thankfully )

Cheers

Steve

Attached Files:

4. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Steve, what's the latest?

5. Very nice Steve!!!

6. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Boy Steve, that looks really nice. We all appreciate your tenacity and dedication to crafting the finest repro Crestliner wheel possible. I paid my deposit on 3/30/2011/
    and just know the wait is worth it. Thanks, JIM

7. Can't wait to see the finished wheel,Steve!!!!!

8. 48bill

48bill

Juliano's Hot Rods in Connecticut already has their Crestliner wheels available and has had them available for a year.

9. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

But Limey's ones are HAMB friendly:D

"...16" diameter & will fit different columns , all will be off white , made in the traditional style "no billet" ...."

10. Clark

Clark

We're waiting on one too!

Tried getting a Juliano's but they sold out of their first run and can't get anymore centers. Even tried to buy their display model!!
    Clark

11. Skirv

Skirv

I got one of the Juliano's wheels before they sold out. It's very nice.

12. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Hi I just spotted this , I got the 1st sample from the mold & I was not happy with the spoke to rim shape & the spoke shape, both off a little so I am having the mold modified so the wheel is a perfect replica. A little more wait is worth it to me I won't sell a product I am not 100% happy with. To answer your question ALL the horn ring fitment parts will be available & WILL FIT an original Crestliner steering wheel .We will have a few samples at LARS to check out. After 6 years we are almost there , but I'd rather wait for perfection , I hope you all understand.

Cheers

13. Who is doing the paint for these wheels ?

14. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Steve, Thanks for the update. I am on the wating list and would rather have high quality over "a rush job."

15. Right On!!!

16. I bought a horn ring from Steve while I was at the GNRS and put it on an original wheel and it bolted right in. This guy has it going on and is on the money with his quality. The same with my acclarator pedal I bought there as well, damn near as perfect as it gets compared to Lokar.... TBJ

17. I don't have one ordered but when someone asks an open question and the owner/fabricator responds on the 3rd post it says alot about Steves customer service and desire to keep his customers happy and informed. Kudos to Steve and all involved at Limeworks!

18. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Regarding the paint we are looking at Tom at Cypress Autobody , well known for quality & a stand up guy , he's doing a lot of our cars now too.

19. rld14

rld14

Steve,

Stupid question.. Will these fit a 54 Ford?

20. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Yes I have engineered them to use adapters so we can accommodate most columns (the adapter in inside the wheel.)

21. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Are the horn-rings available yet?
    i need a complete horn ring for a stock Crestliner-Wheel

/Andreas....

22. tedster

tedster

23. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

I have sent a few e-mail to them but still no answer!??
    so i guess the hornrings are unavailable?

24. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Its been so long i haved saved the money,found and original no need for a re pop any more

25. Sure they are,,,300 bucks. HRP

http://limeworkspeedshop.com/store.html