Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who made Ford's seats?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skrayp, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Skrayp

Skrayp

I have this bench seat that is supposed to be out of a deuce, but I can't find a picture of one that looks like it. It's actually in pretty good shape , other than the crappy seat cover. The springs are painted shiny black and all the original burlap and cotton batting is still in place. There is even a tag that says " Lace Web Spring Company, Sandiacre Nottingham". I can tell it is from a sedan, because it has an ash tray in the back. I'm thinking it came out of something possibly nicer than a Ford. I'll post up pics when I get that far.

2. badshifter

badshifter

Sandiacre is in the UK. I highly doubt it's original to a domestic Ford. Maybe a Model Y or similar?

3. Skrayp

Skrayp

I have googled and only found them in Nash vehicles so far(as domestic goes). I have a guy interested in it that collects ford stuff but I want to make sure its what he wants. It looks to be a fairly high quality piece for it's time.

4. My Dad worked at the Ford plant in Southern Cal in 1931, he ran a sewing machine,doing seats for the A's......
    I assume they still did their own seats the next year.