Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odins701 is in the hospital with burns over most of his body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5756r, Nov 19, 2009.

1. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

After going on three years,How is everything going ?

Hope theirs much improvement and things are moving forward...

God Speed and Prayers sent ...

2. heres to a quick recovery

3. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Clifton is doing very well. He's come a long, long way. He wants more than anything to get his hands and arms working so he can finish his Model A. Well, and for many other things as well. He's always cheerful and full of understanding.

4. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you very much!

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Wow, this is a story of spectacular will on behalf of all involved. Glad to hear of the improvement. Prayers will continue to head your way for continued success.

6. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you so much. All prayers are deeply appreciated.

Does anyone know why the site will not allow me to upload photos?

7. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Sherry, I'm betting it's a sizing issue of your photos. I always had a tough time posting them too. You'll likely need to edit the size of them and perhaps even use a photo hosting site like photobucket.

8. rodknocker

rodknocker

9. killerbunny

killerbunny
    from serbia

Prayers sent..<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/16/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/16/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/16/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/16/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object:mad:

10. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

11. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

12. I'm praying for his recovery...May The Good Lord watch over him.

13. bohica2xo

bohica2xo
    from Las Vegas

Sherry:

My best wishes for a complete recovery. Pics can be a challenge on lots of message boards.

I will put this one up for you - an amazing recovery based on the earlier pic:

[​IMG]

B.

14. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you. As you can see, they worked on his face and head intensely during the time he was in a coma. Their work was.. and is.. phenomenal.

15. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Ill keep him in my prayers.godspeed.

16. Normbc9

Normbc9

I'm a retired Firefighter-Paramedic. Burns are terrible to overcome. But I did forward the prayer requests to over 200 fire stations in our area. The tough part about burn treatments is the "Debreeding process." It is painful!. We'll add him to our "Prayer List."
    Normbc9

17. tjm73

tjm73

Wow. From the early pictures to the one above. Damn. My thoughts go out to you and your family. You can hardly tell something happened from the last picture. Quite the recovery so far.

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To survive burns to 75% of the body is an amazing feat, your son must have an inner strength and determination like no other. My thoughts are for Clifton and your family that stood by you, you all deserve nothing but the best in life. I hope you reach the needed financial level quickly, good luck for the future.

Doc.

19. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you, tjm.

You can tell by the rest of his body from the neck down. He has no use of his hands and arms as of yet, hence the replacements he is about to attempt.

20. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Thank you, Doc.

It's been a difficult three years. Clifton's accident happened in 2009. I was diagnosed with Acute AML Leukemia in 2010. My mother had emergency surgery from a ruptured bowel in 2011. We are all still in various stages of recovery.

I think when the unexpected happens most everyone will find a core they had no idea they had.

21. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Wow! 200 fire stations! Prayers are powerful things. Thank you, Normbc9.

22. Dyce

Dyce

My father died from AML 17 years ago. He was an expearment then.... It's come a long ways!! May God bless your familly.

23. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Good to hear there are updates and progress. Continued prayers from Indiana.

24. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Yes, it has, Dyce. It has come miles and miles from what it was.

I was lucky. My eldest brother was a 100% match.

Thank you.

25. Sherry.Norman

Sherry.Norman

Hello, Bob, and thank you.

26. odins701

odins701

I figured out how to get back on the site today and read all the posts in all the different areas including the chapel. OMG , overwhelmed!
    I've spent the last hour or so catching up and WOW you guys are trying to do some tear jerking on me! What a great group!

Are yall ready for status updates right from the horse's mouth? Please excuse my typing, limited to one finger on the keyboard.

I'm living proof of the power of YOUR prayers! Thank you all so very much!

Thanks for all that love!
    Cliff

27. Awesome to see you back on the board Cliff! Been praying for you and following along on your caring bridge site since the accident. What an amazing recovery....still praying for even more progress though! :)

28. oj

oj

Good to hear from the horses' mouth. Give credit where it is due, we can pray and pray but without your strength and determination the prayers would be just well intended.
    Thank you for being such an extraordinary hambr. We are with you.
    oj

29. odins701

odins701

I'm going to Jenros in Virginia Beach Sat. night to see some cars. My first time out, not really a car show but there is a gathering I hear. Any one local want to catch up, i'll be scooting around on a red Rascal and driving an 02 red gmc. Thats right, driving! I'm doing odds and ends around the house, cutting grass too. Started the lawn mower myself yesterday for 1st time! i can move around good as long as its 72 deg or lower. Don't have the stamina for too much.

Made a make shift gym in the living room and got a wii fit and sit-up bench with foam on the floor.

30. odins701

odins701

I see! I've read every single post today! Haven't read through Carringbridge yet, but WOW!