Register now to get rid of these ads!

Norm Grabowski says, "Hey"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mo Mentum, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Great to hear you are on the mend, Norm - you keep the faith and we'll keep the prayers and get well wishes coming your way ....

2. krooser

krooser

Cool...Get well.

3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep pushin' Norm. We're pulling for you.

4. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Glad you are feeling better Norm!

5. On behalf of England,Europe,northern hemisphere hang in there fella;t buckets were never the same,we are not worthy :cool:

6. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Norm,
    Best wishes and a very speedy recovery.
    Your "Kookie" tee WAS, and IS, one of the all time greatest hot rods, period! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

7. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Norm, so glad your doing better. Here's wishing you a speedy complete recovery.
    Jim

8. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Norm, glad to hear that you are home. You have a fantastic sense of humor, and We need to keep people like you around for quite awhile.

9. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

great news! now back to carving those skulls!

10. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Happy to hear that he is doing better.

11. Thats great news Norm, Hope all went well and it sure would be nice if you hung round for a long time yet.:)

12. teddyp

teddyp

glad your feeling better

13. Nobey

Nobey

Hello Norm, it sure was good news to hear that you're on the mend! I can't help but reminisce about the first time that I saw you in person. It was 1963 or '64, my friend and I had been at Blackie's Autorama in Fresno, and after the show we had gone to eat and play a little pool at Cedar Lanes (kind of a hang out for us). About midnight, in you walked with Ed Roth, who was wearing a tux and a top hat, you had a tray of balls in hand and took the table next to us.

My eyes were as big as saucers and my ears came 'round like a horse. You said hi to us, but we were speechless. All I could do was nod my head. Man! we were in the presence of Hot Rod Gods!! There were so many questions I wanted to ask you but I just couldn't get the words out. You guys laughed, told jokes and enjoyed the evening. And we were happy to just be there.

It was thirty years later that I got my second chance. You brought your Kookie II to the LARS show and this time we had a wonderful conversation. That would be another story for another time.

I want to say what I know a lot of the guys here are thinking. It's not just your cars, your rocking horses, your skulls and your artistic talent but you as a person have inspired us so much. And for that I thank you, Norm.

14. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Hey Norm,
    Glad to hear you're doing well.
    I just had my 4 1/2 yr. out appt. with my ENT and everything is looking good.
    After 5 years I'm considered cured!
    Hope you continue to get the same good news as time goes on.
    In my prayers,
    J'Mike

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

A few years ago my Sons and I were at Turkey Run in Daytona and we looked over and saw Norm there, signing autographs. I usually am not star struck by celebrities, but seeing Norm there was like "OMG, there's NORM GRABOWSKI !"

We went over and got to chat with Norm for a while and had him sign one of the Life Magazine posters, which proudly hangs on one of our shop office walls. We found Norm to be just Norm..........a really nice , down to earth guy who has this incredible sense of humor and who treats everyone with kindness and respect. He is a true Gentleman.

Don

16. My first encounter with Norm was at last year's RoundUp......I was sittin' in my chair in Flat Top Bob's vendor space, and Norm came around the corner, saw me, pointed and yelled "DON'T get up!" He didn't know me from a rock, but treated me like an old friend the whole time he was there.

Norm, you're awesome. Get well soon. :)

17. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

Norm, Pam and I send all our love and good thoughts for a speedy recovery! Sonny

18. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

X2! :D Been away 2 weeks, so this was great news to run onto this thread! Woo Woo, your presence has added so much to everything you've ever been involved in, here's hoping you know how much you mean to many thousands of 'rod, custom, movie, TV and art lovers.:cool: You definitely know how to live, bro. Here's to keepin'on doin' just that!:D Welcome back home and all best wishes.

19. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Glad hear you are getting better. Missed you at LARS this year, maybe next year...

20. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Just wanted to keep fellow HAMBers informed....We need to include ole Normie in our prayers! His cancer is progressing..I don't want to get into the details because that is personal to Norm and his family, but those of us close to him know he needs God Almighty's help at this time...Respectfully submitted...Joe

21. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

I'll send a prayer to the Big Guy at the top of the stair.
    All the best.

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

:(:(:(:(

He's been in my prayers since getting the news of his illness.

Don

23. Nobey

Nobey

Not very good at this, and I'm probable the last person that should
    ask, but Lord would You put your hand on Norm.

24. krooser

krooser

God Bless Norm Grabowski....

25. Took a scuba class in 65 or 66 and Norm was in it. He rode up on evening with an old Indain motorbike with a Corvair engine crammed in to the frame.

At the next class I rode in with my 21 Model T touring

Funny guy he was. Way friendly too.

Tim

26. Gator

Gator

Hang in there Norm, we're all pulling for ya.

27. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

BTW, Joe, we all appreciate your updates. I know you are walking a fine line between wanting to keep his friends on here updated and while also respecting Norm's privacy. Without your updated info we would have no way of knowing what is going on.

We can only imagine how troubling this situation must be for those of you who are really close to Norm personally, because it also hurts those of us who only know him from afar.

When you talk with Norm please let him know how much we all care.

Don

28. Lil32

Lil32

In our prayers since we first heard the news.Good luck

29. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hear, hear! My sentiments exactly, Don. I never met Mr. Grabowski, but from all I've seen and heard, he's one in a million...a truly kind and giving soul...and of course, so much a part of our history. Something about the man...I'm feelin' this one more deeply than I would expect. Thank him for us, Joe.

30. Harms Way

Harms Way

I most certainly will continue to have Norm in my prayers,... We had a good spiritual conversation when I was down to see him a few years ago..... Norm is a one of a kind, and a real great guy..... It is truly an honor to pray for him,... My very best to you Norm,... And God Bless you.