Register now to get rid of these ads!

Media Blast costs questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jonb421, Jun 8, 2012.

1. jonb421

jonb421

I have a 30 coupe and was looking around to see what the prices are to do the media blast for the body only.

Anyone in Virginia area used companies out here?

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

We have two choices here in Tulsa...a 77 year old rodder who's been doing it for decades charges $50/hr. He only uses sand.

And a company that charges $100/hr. They have multiple choices of media.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Prices seem to vary a lot in different area of the country and sometimes in different areas of a state.
    Another thing besides price is that you need to make sure that the person doing the blasting is highly skilled in blasting sheetmetal. Get Joe who's used to blasting ship hulls to do it an you will probably end up with scrap metal that looks like it used to be a Model A.

Your location shows Phoenix which most of us see as in Arizona but you are asking about Virginia so guys would have to know what part of Virginia. Vague addresses are good sometimes but not good when you have people trying to figure out who to send you to or who to tell you to ask for info.

4. jonb421

jonb421

thanks im in Quantico VA on the 95 corridor

5. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Hi. Live in Stafford, VA. Many of us in this area use Fredericksburg Powder Coating. They do many types of blasting, etc. 540-371-5472, ask for Darrell, owner.

6. jonb421

jonb421

Thanks I appreciate it

7. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Larry, I recently moved to the area. Could you tell me who these are(PM if needed)

I called Sisk sandblasting by Stillwater and didnt think thier pricing was too terrible.