Register now to get rid of these ads!

R&B's serious Mustang II Front Clip for 48 F1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jun 7, 2012.

1. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Hey Guy's....Just needed some input on a front clip I found on Craigslist. It is an R&B'S Serious Mustang II clip. I know that R&B's is out of business.. The guy wants $400 for it. Says that Mustang II spindles, A arms and rack and pinion will work on it. Am I opening up a can of worms? Or is this a good deal to start with on my 48 F1 Fron End? Appreciate Your FeedBack...Thanks, Scot

2. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Personally I'd pass.
    Give Dale at http://www.weedetrstreetrod.com/index.ivnu a call and tell him John Speer sent you or give him an email as he is a member of this site.
    To use "stock" Mustang II stuff is the wrong direction to go. I know it's cheap, but do it right the first time and it won't have to redone..........................IMHO

3. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

No..I am going to use all after market A Arms and Spindles

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

i just happened to be doing a search on some stuff and came across this. I'm hoping you didn't do the RBs crossmember, 'cause by now you would have realized it's not mustang II based. And if anybody is telling you NOT to use original Mustang II or Pinto stuff on front end, they are sadly mislead! The original stuff is a much better quality than the after market stuff in most cases. And, as set up by most manufacturers, you couldn't pay me to use strutless tubular lower arms on a car unless they have been mounted in double shear. If you don't know what I mean by that stick to the stock type struts, please.