Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odd uses for regular tools???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ParkinsonSpeed, May 27, 2012.

1. Gromit

Gromit

okay.. MAKING jello shots,, I see.. I was thinking she was taking them

2. Or as we do it at work, screw driver as a coffee stir stick.

3. 57roadmastr

57roadmastr

[
    You should have checked every paint can in that old timers house....he might have been dropping a hint. Secret stash perhaps?

4. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

I use my receiver hitch in my truck as a square tubing bender. I remove the ball and hitch. I insert a long piece of square tubing and start pulling it left or right slightly bumping it against the receiver. I do this about every inch along the desired bend and I can get a piece of square tubing to bend in just about any direction gradually until I have it perfect. That is how I've bent the tubing to replace the wood in 1920's/30's cars before. It works perfectly and every one thinks I used an expensive tubing bender.

5. gmc1941

gmc1941

Used a 7/8 box end wrench to open up my forehead. Trying to remove a stripped drain plug. What a head ache.......

6. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Im now using a 10x25 storage unit to work on a non hamb friendly motorcycle with no electricity just doing a rattle can paint job and cleaning them up to resale. My future plans are to transport Texas cars up to Wisconsin for sale since they are pretty hard to find rust free ones up here. So working with no electricity i have used alot of tools and had to go back to using my brain and not power tools to get some stuff done. I however dont plan on using a hand drill, a cordless would do just fine.

7. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

Had a 39 Packard in the shop, the vent window regulators had bad gears and wouldn't stay closed. The owner didn't care if they ever opened so I devised a plan: I pulled out the regulators, an open ended wrench (1/2", I think) fit on the shaft just right, then I wedged the other end of the wrench into the front part of the door shell. I doubt they would have ever worked loose, but added a small screw to keep them from drifting downward. About the time the upholestry shop finished making a cloth "plug" to go in the holes where the crank would be, the owner found a guy who could fix the gears so it was all moot. I thought my idea was clever, anyway.

8. hotrodbrad

hotrodbrad

Seen some vids of at home tattoo removal that are along the same lines

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Used WD40 to remove grease from my hands.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. 23crate

23crate
    from nz

yep use a socket and a vice as a press for bearings..
    used a socket/hammer to make a round 'dish' in a boot floor replacement panel

11. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

I see my mice friends have used my tool room and every socket as pecan holders for the winter..... Time to get a barn cat.

12. I was proud of myself for devising a cap screw, nut and socket deal to pop a ball joint loose on a van when I was going to change an A-arm out (which never happened when I saw how rusty mine was, but that's another story). The idea was I could turn the nut, press against the socket and pop the upper ball joint out.

Well, the two bolts I got were too long, one by just a tad. So, wanting to get my part, I used a hammer to tap this one in from the side. One tap and the joint popped right out loose. WTF did I need this tool for? I could have just tapped it from below with the damn hammer.