Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks From AFGHANISTAN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colville, May 18, 2012.

1. Something I still have, a t-shirt from the Philippines.
    A toast to you and all those who serve with you! Thank you.
    [​IMG]

2. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Thank you for allowing us to play with our toys.

3. Willy301

Willy301

Your supposed to make Tata's bigger :p

Thank you for your service! It is because of guys/gals like you, that let the rest live in relative peace!

4. Zeke

Zeke

Is KAF still a regular rocket target? Seemed like they'd hit it every time I ended up there. You got it good compared to the guys out in the lil FOBs but it still sucks being there. Keep yer head down and keep them freedom birds flying. Without guys like you we would have had to take the bus home.:D

BTW that sit down pizza joint on the boardwalk sucks..avoid it if you haven't been there yet.

5. rusty28a

rusty28a

Thanks for being there.

6. 41 C28

41 C28

Thank you and God bless you.

7. Colville

Colville

@beebing Awesome man! Thank you sir!

@willy301 Havent snapped a shot of one of the TATAs yet but they basically look like australian toyota 4 door pickups

@zeke Yeah its still a pretty regular target... I know those guys at the FOBs got it pretty rough so Im thankful for hot showers and a place to lay my head at night that most the time has air condition... I pretty much dont spend money on food here, just dont see the point. I mean yeah I miss good food from back home but Im getting fed here from the chow halls so screw it, id rather save my cash. Thanks for your time put in sir!

8. sinticket

sinticket

Cole, you are a hellofa guy. Thank you so much for what you are doing for us over here. We will be thinking of you this year at the party. It will be great to see you again soon. You and the wife need to come up and see us when ya get back in. You will have an Iron Lord Welcome. Thanks again for all you do! Cheers

9. Colville

Colville

Thank you Dustin... I will definitely be making more visits up to see you all when I get back. I would like to come up atleast once a month. You all are an awesome group of guys and Im honored to call yall my friends! Have a good time at the party... I will make it next year!!

10. Just wanted to thank you and everyone else that is over there so we can live the good life. I will go drive my deuce today and think of all you guys over there that can't drive their hot rods today.

11. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Thank you to you and all who serve our country. Stay safe are there any "topless Tata's" over there? Just asking.

12. Colville

Colville

haha... the only topless tatas are in our dreams here haha... right on 383 deuce, thanks guys

13. Colville

Colville

So, had to share this with you guys. Over last Christmas I was up in Milwaukee, WI. My wife's brothers and sisters live there. While I was there I saw they had tours of the historic Pabst breweries, and thought thatd be pretty cool. So we went there and yes its pretty damn awesome, all original from late 1800s. The name of it is "Best Place Historic Pabst Brewery" if you've never been and you're in the area its worth checking out. The founding family of Pabst last name was "Best" hence the name "best place". Anyway, while I was there I met the owner thats making all the stuff happen with the restoration of these buildings. He heard I was deploying and sent a box full of Pabst coozies, stickers, and what not. Some of the stickers were old ones you cant even get anymore that he had found boxes of in the brewery. Well, he asked for me to send him a photo of me with something he sent. Being we cant have beer here, I grabbed a water bottle and stuck it in the coozie and had a friend snap a shot of me with his cell phone. Little did I know that Steve (the brewery owner) was going to use this photo to post on a milwaukee website and on his companys website for memorial day. Pretty frikkin awesome but if I would of known this I maybe would have taken a better photo haha. Either way he was very happy and honored to have a photo of Pabst swag in Afghanistan... Kudos to "Best Place"!! heres the link to the city website

http://cpd.typepad.com/milwaukeestock/mkeimagescom/

14. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Thank you for your service!

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The one good thing about receiving the occasional rocket is you can run a lottery. Everyone puts in $10 and picks a location for the next to impact, closest takes all. You may win a nice little sum of money to go toward the new baby and the '53.

Doc.

16. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Hell DON"T thank us....THANK YOU and ALL of the soldiers there and those deployed around the world!!!!

17. Colville

Colville

haha... good one!

[​IMG]

For the story behind this photo, read my post #74

18. Colville

Colville

19. hotrod37

hotrod37
    from Indiana

Thank you and all other that are serving. Be safe.

20. fonti

fonti

stay safe!!
    I will think of you guys next time when I'm cruising the small streets in Switzerland!

21. Hey when did you guys start carrying guns? The closest I got to one in my 20 years in the AF was the rifle range. They kept a bunch locked up when I was in Korea but don't think anyone knew where the key was.

I chased sparks and taught school for a living when I was in.

Thanks for your service and stay safe. Congrats on the little one.

22. Colville

Colville

Well, The base I'm at is a NATO base and not really as "safe" as an Air Force base. I mean hell I'm an aircraft maintainer and I carry a fully loaded M-16. Everyone here is strapped. The Air Force isnt the Chair Force anymore :D Thanks for your 20 years sir! Im on my 10th!

23. bauschracing

bauschracing

Know what you mean about "groundhog day". I was in IRAQ in 2005-2006 in southern Iraq. Sand and dust everywhere except when it rained. What a mess. I remember the smell over there. Still smelled it in Kawait. Could not breath good until I got to Amsterdam. Keep safe and do not look at the "circle of suck" on the computer too much.
    Mike

24. barrelvalve

barrelvalve
    from Mass

Tim Horton's packed up when the Canadians pulled out last winter.
    Green Bean is still there.

They don't call it "Rocket City" for nothing. Stay safe.

25. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Post up some more photos of the work you're doing! (if you are allowed, not sure how far OPSEC carries into the shops?)

I took Aircraft Structures Tech in post secondary, never went into the industry, but really enjoyed learning about it and have had a life-long interest in aircraft.

Stay safe!

26. Thanks for your service!

27. yruhot

yruhot

Thanks for all you do over there keeping us safe and enjoy your new little one. They do grow up fast. If I lived down south I'd have your rig ready to go when you got home but I'm out west. I'll be thinkin about ya when I mash the gas in my gasser.lol. Take care and thanks for all you do YRUHOT....Doug