Register now to get rid of these ads!

63 Fairlane drag car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilkazeevil, Jun 5, 2012.

1. First project to be completed in our new shop at Kazee's Kustoms will be this 63 Fairlane drag car. It was started by a Hotrod shop in NC that went bankrupt and we ended up with it. It's tubbed with a strange 40 spline 9" under it, 2x3 tube frame well built, tubs done, transmission tunnel and all flat portion of the floor done, set up for a 460 with a C6. The drivers quarter got bent up a bit during transport, but it's an easy fix. Plans are to do the car in all white, simple black interior with only the basics, it'll be a street driven drag car. Will be all white with black steel wheels at all four corners. Plan to set it just slightly higher in the front than in the back, but nothing drastic. Motor will be a mild 460 backed by a C6. Should be a fun project and be done fairly quick. I will post progress pics as we go. Here she is as I brought her home yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see some jackass decided to sample paint here and there all over it. Should make a killer car. Starting on it tomorrow.

2. As mocked up while doing parts detail to make sure if anything was missing.
    [​IMG]

3. outlaw256

outlaw256

keep us posted on this one.i too have a 63 fairlane in line to build. was going to build it as a late 60s style street racer. 429/460 auto, straight axle.at least those are the plans.

4. Will do, located a 460/C6 donor that I will be picking up in the morning. Trying to track down some speed parts for it now. Probably gonna work on moving the firewall a bit to set the motor back a few inches and rework all the mounts to make them to my standards.

5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Should also put this on the Fairlane thread for those that might have missed this...Good Luck with the build

6. Thanks man, I didn't realize there was a Fairlane thread. I will definitely look it up.

7. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good plan, I'm looking forward to the updates. Looks like a '62 though, at least that's what the front sheetmetal is from.

8. 550ss

550ss

Evil,

Let me know if you need any tricks of the trade or tips for shoehorning a BBF in those early 60s fords. I needed a bit pry bar for my FE lol. Good luck this'll be a neat project

9. Thanks guys. I bought it as a 63 with a title, but who know, wouldn't be the first car I bought that wasnt what it was supposed to be. Your right though, the front end does look 62. I have both another 62 and another 63, but both are super rough parts cars. 63 does have good front sheet metal though so I may use it. As for stuffin that big block in there, it looks like its gonna be a lot of fun......lol. Message me a number and I will call and take you up on them tips. Thanks again.

10. Took some time this evening and ripped out all the aluminum floor boards that were in the car to get down to see what I have to work with. All in all looks pretty good, gotta change a few things, make some nice new sheetmetal flooring and trunk pan, then build a new cage. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  11. Not sure why that pic turned out so big. First time i ever tried posting from cell phone. I will post kore when I get home. I have several pics to post.

12. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Looking forward to seeing that one around here when you're finished.