Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odd uses for regular tools???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ParkinsonSpeed, May 27, 2012.

1. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

they prybar trick make me feel dumb as hell and my hands are angry at me now.

2. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Good ideas, i just wanted some light to be shed on things i would never think of and may help me out with what i have which i have already see with the bushing puller and such.

3. littlediesel

littlediesel

in response to turbota400's SON OF A BITCH TOOL (good one)

around tuit- everythings possible with this tool. you can do anything if you get around tuit

4. the old style bench press' with the solid metal weight lifting bars make great pry bars,also old torsion bars from heavy duty trucks also make great pry bars.

i have an old early 90's speedo gear out of a h---a with variable power steering and have put to hoses on it,now with a drill attached i have a handy pump to install diff fluid or what ever else i need to fill up.

an old r12 ac gauge i have a hose hooked up to it with a hollowed out o2 sensor on the end to check exhaust back pressure.

old baby bottles make great jugs to get accurate measurements on fluids, (ac oil etc) (just dont have your kid drink from it when your done)

and old brake booster vacuum check valve set up with some hoses and used as a one man brake bleeder, get appropriate sized hose and hook up the check valve to your brake bleeder,then pump the brake pedal,the valve will let brake fluid and any air to escape but will shut and not let air back into the system.

side cutters as nail clippers
    picks to clean grease from under your nails
    any little snap on screw driver make the best "chisel,prybar or punch"lol.
    oxy torch to light your ciggy

5. TheDozer

TheDozer

Used a socket extension as a door hinge pin, when the oem hinge pin took a vaca at the little Sahara sand dunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Channel locks work pretty well as bottle openers.;)

7. fatty50

fatty50

3 or 4 vice grips work great as a ladder for climbing steel

8. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

I use a shop rag to put on those big ass horseshoe springs that gm uses on their drum brakes in the sunfires/ventures/ect.

9. slowmotion

slowmotion

Screwdriver/paint stirrer, who ain't done it?

10. 'Shroooms. Your shop anywhere near a cow pasture?

I used a 1/2x9/16 bent on one end for a carb support on a harley once. But I didn't cheap out it was a snap on. :cool: :D:D

I was using a flat file for a pry bar once and it snapped off (that one got the cresent wremch tossed at me). It snapped off in a perfect half circle and then became a bottle opener.

11. My brother-in-law used to use a DA to sand the bottom of his ex-wife's feet. Yeah, kind of strange.

12. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

Possibilities are endless. That's why we always keep old rubber hoses, scrap pieces of wood, bits of metal. I've made bushings for my 3 speed linkage out of an old washer and a piece of rubber, been working great for two years now. My dad's old '53 chevy pickup had a vice grip as the window winder for the whole 12 years that he owned it... It's just a matter of "can't afford that right now" , or just your basic "I don't wanna buy that if I can just MAKE it!" I've also made a little polishing wheel out of a phillips screwdriver bit, some cloth, and a rubber band, worked really well, I polished up some motorcycle engine parts with it.

13. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

That's every tool I own. :)

14. She must of had some pretty knarly feet. Unless of course that was your sister in which case I have no idea why on earth he would take a DA to such beautiful feet. :D

I have uses a torch with a rose bud to heat up a can of beans before. A little advice open the can prior to heating. It took a little experimentation to get the process just right.

15. HAAA!!:D Damn, Benno! You should be in politics! No, it wasn't my sister...and yeah, she was pretty gnarly all right.

16. Itr was flying around in my head and better out that in. :D

I just couldn't be married to anyone with knarly feet, they can be homley as a mud fence as long as their feet are OK.

17. i got a real bad visual of a large woman sprawled across the workbench.:eek:
    lunch over for me!

18. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Lmfao! This made my morning!

19. fsae0607

fsae0607

When I bought my harbor freighter MIG, I use the crappy wire that came with it as temporary tie-down wire, for example to hang calipers when I'm doing a brake job.

20. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Tungsten - Makes a great scribe!
    Sawed off broom handle - Great for dents in those hard to reach places!

21. Paint mixing pour spouts, the kind that screw on a gallon or quart or pint and let you pour with precision.

Watched my honey struggle with making jello shots, them little cups, WHAT A MESS.
    grabbed a new spout, a two liter bottle and filled 250 jello shots in a few mins with no mess.
    She talks about that all the time.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  22. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Oxy acetylene torch works great for lighting join.. er Cigarettes

23. RamJet1

RamJet1

Saber saw makes short work for carving pumpkins, good detail too. Been doing it that way for ten years or so.

Busted-handled flat blade screw driver with a short piece of conduit welded onto the blade end, chucked up in a drill, as an engine pre-oiler.

24. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Since the old lady won't let me run the shop rags through her new washer, I have resorted to using a paint mixer powered by a cordless drill to agitate the wash mixture in my favorite five gallon bucket.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I recently worked on a car that used impact sockets and swivels to connect the rack and pinion with the steering column. $300.00 worth of Borgeson U-Joints later, it steers much better.

26. Didn't you post some pics of that?

Come to thin of it I have used old worn cheapo sockets for spacers more than once.

27. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I use a top tool chest for art supplies.

28. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

I once used my Craftsman big f'n screwdriver to actually remove a screw.

29. Every tool in the box is a Hammer.

Except the screwdrivers, those are chisels

30. Spreading butter with the kitchen drawer screwdriver.

I couldn't belive it when I saw that.
    I protested quite vigorously, " HEY, YOU ARE GOING TO GET BUTTER ALL OVER MY SCREWDRIVER"

She said , " one more screw with my butter knife and that will be the only screwing you'll be doing."

I said, "thats fine, just clean the food out if my parts washer"