Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Made in China?? Tell me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by powdercoater46, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

Made in China?? Tell me it' not true. My new American Racing Torq thrust II wheels came today and guess what...Made in China. They look great but I can't help but be disappointed.

Vic Edelbrock signed my ball cap yesterday at the Power Tour in Champaign. I almost wanted to ask him how much of his stuff is made in china too.

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Did he sign your hat in chinese?

3. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Guess they are now going to have to change the name of the company.

4. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

EPA and Big Government strike again!

5. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

I just picked up an American flag for the holidays. Guess what.... Made in china. Thats a bunch of crap.

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Ederbrock?

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Thats Funny..

Did he make you pay for a autograph?

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea... stinkin' 5,000 Yen!! :D

9. Where was your hat made ?

10. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

no, but he offered to buy his house.

11. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Yeah if God made everything....he must be chinese.:D

Oh, any American flag made in china should be burned immediately.

12. where was your ball cap made? the pen he signed it with? the shirt you guys were wearing? etc...

13. Model T1

Model T1

Ain't it great to find out almost everything is made by people who hate us?
    Born and raised exactly opposite of a place in Illinois that used to rhyme with a Chinese town. Even our high school had to change it's mascot.
    Better check the label in that hat too!

More American families going to go broke because of greed. Enjoy those wheels while they last.

14. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

16. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

closing in 3 2 1

17. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

HA... Thats funny but also kinda sad when you think about it.

18. I'll take a beat up swap find that I can work on over a fresh piece of commie metal any day. Think--if nobody buys that chinesee crap then just maybe it will go away. But I fear it will just get more profuse as sweat equity and craftsmanship become replaced by corporations that increasingly just don't give a shit about the date that brought them to the dance. Sorry for the rant but I'm a little irked.

19. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I've known and been pissed about that for a while

20. badshifter

badshifter

Yet another reason to build an early traditional car. With early traditional parts.

Build what you believe in.

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Could be worse.

22. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

We can thank our 'representatives' in both houses for the laws that have not only allowed corporations to move offshore, but in fact, encouraged them to do so. It's not ALL driven by greed, a lot is based on onerous regulations that drive manufacturing to less micromanagement.

23. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

" Vlic Edelblock"

24. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

EDELBROCK TODAY
    Edelbrock Corporation has seven locations: four in Torrance and three in San Jacinto, California, totaling over 500,000 square feet.Torrance Headquarters include: R&D; manufacturing; state-of-the-art testing facilities, advertising and tech support.
    Less than a mile away are the Russell Plumbing, as well as our Distribution Center and Vic's Garage. This location also houses the Company's collection of street rods and classic cars, as well as the company archives containing our extensive collection of historic photos and memorabilia. Please give us a call and make an appointment if you would like to tour Vic's Garage.

Our Aluminum Foundries are located close by in San Jacinto. In 2008 we added a new Permanent Mold and Heat Treat facility next to our existing sand cast foundry, which has been called "the most state-of-the-art sand cast foundry west of the Mississippi." This investment in American facilities is part of our commitment to "Made in USA" products and performance.

© 2012 Edelbrock, LLC

25. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Dude, I saw this before too! That should be illegal!

26. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Here is something that I have been wondering about. Most of us older guys remember when Japanese made products were all called Jap Crap and the term was used to describe anything that was of lousy quality. In the post war years they did crank out some real crap. But then they wised up and instead of making bad products they began to make some very good products, like Hondas and Toyotas.

As much as we are all pro American, anyone who is mechanically saavy has to admit that those two car brands are about as well put together and dependable as you can get. Same goes for the electronics most of us use every day.

Now, is it possible that the Chinese could also do a turnaround and instead of focusing on making cheap items that are sold at places like Harbor Freight they could wake up and start making some good products ? They certainly are intelligent enough to engineer good products, and they have the workforce to do it, so all it would take is for them to decide that it would be advantageous to start competing in a different direction than they do today.

All of us hate to see jobs going overseas, but the hard fact of life is that China is an economic giant today. As much as we dislike companies here having their products made over there, if we were in their shoes and wanted to keep our doors open and compete, we might just have to make the same hard decisions.

This should start a real s*** storm !!! :eek::D

Don

27. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

So when did "Made In The U.S.A." become dirty words?

28. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

I'm definately getting a new flag. Guess you gotta read the label before you buy. I will pay twice the price if I have to.

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The thing is.... if you're just now bitchin', you're late to the dance. Where was all the out cry 20 years ago? No one was paying attention and we got screwed. So it goes.

30. sad but true...if we didn't have foriegn made products we would have half the stuff we own...our American cars...full of foriegn made components as is our computers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.