Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Fairlane thread, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blades, Jan 14, 2010.

1. 67gt390

67gt390

My 67 390 Gt.

Attached Files:

2. nice 67 a 66 or 67 fairlane is my number 5 on the top 5 fords i want to own somday

3. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Sweet! Love it!

4. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Love this thread. I'll post some pictures of mine in the next day or so.

5. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Hey Guy's, I was wondering if any one has an exploded view/parts listing for a continental kit for a 55 crown vic. The father in law just picked one up for his car and it's in pieces,and it doesn't look like everything is there..........THANK'S,Rich........

6. Gromit

Gromit

This is not only inspirational to me, but the B&W pic is my desktop wallpaper!

7. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Hey all ! Got it back from paint the other day, and i must say i think its a keeper . You check it out

Attached Files:

8. teddyp

teddyp

that,s bill,s old ford that mopar joe had glad to see it,s being done

9. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

62-65 Fairlanes are all the same group. Changed in 66. There is a great 65 A/FX build right now on the Hamb..

10. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

wtf are you smokin ? Same as what ? Spelling ?

11. MP&C

MP&C

Go back through this thread and take a good look at the roof on a 62 thru 65... they are all the same

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  12. havi

havi

I take no offense to these OT cars, but a '66 or 67 390 GT are OT cars on the hamb. I believe that's what Zeke was alluding to.

Now to be technical about the '65, it shared the same rear window as the '64, and the same front windshield as the '62-64's. Either way, definitely different than the '66 on up "muscle cars"

Cut-off date of 1964, sure, but the style is still '64 and older, just like the Polaras, and Rivi's

13. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

There are a lot of different areas of interest on the HAMB. Customs, Early SS and FX, gassers, etc. I don't see where a 65 Fairlane goes against any of that too much. There aren't many of us around anyway, so I don't think we can cause too much trouble ;)

I don't want to be lumped in with a bunch of Camaros and Chevelles any more than anyone else on here.

14. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

[​IMG]

My Ford, not a 60's one but a cool one none the less.

15. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Doesn't have to be 60s. All of them are cool!

16. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

The 65s really give me a boner.

17. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

They are all Gen 4 Fairlanes. What don't you get? Somebody that has 14 posts should probably lose the tude. This is a great place to chat ,exchange idea's and learn. Sit back and listen for awhile.

18. First project to be completed in our new shop at Kazee's Kustoms will be this 63 Fairlane drag car. It was started by a Hotrod shop in NC that went bankrupt and we ended up with it. It's tubbed with a strange 40 spline 9" under it, 2x3 tube frame well built, tubs done, transmission tunnel and all flat portion of the floor done, set up for a 460 with a C6. The drivers quarter got bent up a bit during transport, but it's an easy fix. Plans are to do the car in all white, simple black interior with only the basics, it'll be a street driven drag car. Will be all white with black steel wheels at all four corners. Plan to set it just slightly higher in the front than in the back, but nothing drastic. Motor will be a mild 460 backed by a C6. Should be a fun project and be done fairly quick. I will post progress pics as we go. Here she is as I brought her home yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see some jackass decided to sample paint here and there all over it. Should make a killer car. Starting on it tomorrow.

19. I posted this in a seperate thread as well, but someone mentioned this thread so i shared it here as well.

20. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Here's another pik ,were in process of cleaning the original interior paint looks like it will clean up nicelly .. as for sitting down and shutting up it aint gonna happen , just posting for some one to "google" something dont make you the ultimate expert... who cares ? I am now at 15:D

21. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Here's another pik ,were in process of cleaning the original interior paint looks like it will clean up nicelly .. as for sitting down and shutting up it aint gonna happen , just posting for some one to "google" something dont make you the ultimate expert... who cares ? I am now at 15:D

Attached Files:

22. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Come back when you turn 16.......Wink Wink

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Who has pictures of the 65 from The LA chapter of the Rumblers?

24. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Heres how the63 interior paint cleaned up, sweaty drivers door is the worst spot.

Attached Files:

25. mercmike430

mercmike430
    from Aptos CA
    1. MEL Lovers

I have a 58

Attached Files:

bobss396 likes this.
  26. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

As a fellow 58 owner, I must know more about this one!!!

27. love your 58

28. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

Here's mine I scored off e bay a few months ago. Was a chevy guy growing up, lusted after a hemi car, built a 65 hemi Coronet, sold it to retire, now have the 64 to keep me occupied. I love the car, was more than pleased when it showed up here in Florida from Ohio. 88K orig. miles, 289 2bl, auto, fact. air. Soon to be a Dart based 454 windsor, top loader, narrowed 9".

Attached Files:

29. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

mercmike430. I'm originally from just over the boarder in WI. Used to go to Skips swap meets at Grayslake. There used to be a '58 Ford Street Freak with a straight axle way way up in the air. You could almost walk under it if you were short enough. I was just wondering if you know of it or know the owner. Way too high in the air for my liking but it was still a neat car. Mark L

30. Looking mean, I like it!