Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thompson gasser reunion 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smautobody, May 9, 2012.

1. LZ

LZ

Congrats Jacin, Glad for you:cool::cool::cool:
    Thanks everyone for posting the photos, looked like a nice gathering.
    Does anyone know the person that owns the Fiat? Very nice, love the fade in paint.:cool:
    Luke

2. pappy1

pappy1
    from Penna.

Are there results posted, or did I miss it?

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Pappy,
    I haven't seen any results posted yet. Are you going to be at Beaver Springs with Rocky?
    Wanda

4. pappy1

pappy1
    from Penna.

Hi Wanda, I'll be at Beaver as a spectator.

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to hear it Pappy. We look forward to seeing you there.

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bad news about Blew By You. Beautiful car and Steve is a very nice guy. Hope he can get it fixed soon.

7. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

Congradulations on your win Jacin !! So awesome. Glad the house faired well too, because that is a tight squeeze even in the daylight !

8. I was really surprised at the amount of loose and squirrelly passes in the 1/8 mile.
    Glad they weren't running a full 1/4 because there most likely would have been some ugly problems.

9. QB409

QB409

10. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Thanks for sharing your pictures.... it was a GREAT DAY!!!

Did the program finish on Saturday or did they also race on SUNDAY also????

No decision was made by the time we left.

11. QB409

QB409

The last round of Hot Rod was run at about 8:00 Saturday night. 56 Chev pick up and 70 Duster of "Bad Bob". Both running around mid 6's. Side by side in the staging lanes, portable generators running, getting fueled up. Lots of nervous tension in the air, despite the fact that they agreed to split the purse. Bragging rights only. Win went to the Chev. Great day at the track.

12. great pics...

13. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

i thought for the rain possabilitys it was a great turn out.we were there thursday morning and stayed till sunday.
    every thing looked good for saturday till i started to warm up the car and seen some water leaking out of the front of the head.
    i probably could have tryed to re-torque the head but to me it's just not worth it.the last thing i want to do is hydro-lock the engine.all in all it was a great time!!!!!
    sad to see steves engine!!cangrats to jacin.it was awsome being able to watch every run and seeing him win.
    as they say there is alway another day.hope to see everyone soon.

14. smautobody

smautobody

Big congrats to Jacin! as far as Blew by You goes WE WILL REBUILD! thanks to everyone for stoppn by a great song comes to mind for the Slick Devils ZZ top manic mechanic. "tonite it ain't right I've got to have me a week but I'll be back for you jack and I'll let the machine speak"

15. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

YOU DA MAN JACIN! Yeah, it was a fun weekend as usual. When I was a kid my favorite day of the year was December 25 th. Now it is race day at the Thompson Gasser Reunion.

Jacin and I ran in the same Dragster / Altered Class. If I couldn't win (my .001 red light sealed that) I'm thrilled Jacin did. He drove magnificently. [Now you can remove the 'rookie' yellow stripe from your back bumper]

Jacin, I forgot to give you back your flattie distributor crab cap. Next time...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  16. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

Oops sorry Steve ..... bummer about Blew

17. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

How many Dragster / Altered race cars showed up this year @ Thompson for the class ? They probably ran the Nitro stuff by themselves, usually a handful show up for that.......Littleman

Did Ross Racing Tony run his Olds powered Dragster ?

18. Don't know for sure about dragsters, maybe four nitro cars. No, Tony didn't bring his dragster but he and his dad came up and bailed me out (again ). Busted a couple teeth off the starter and Tony brought another one with him. Again he saves my butt! They hung out with me most of the day, Tony helping me out. Racing only 1/8 mi. due to the weather, I turned a 6.99, first time in the 6's with my coupe. Can't thank Tony and his dad enough for helping me out. Turned a bad day into a really good one!

19. smautobody

smautobody

thanx Kimmie,thats why they call it dragracing...sometimes its racing and sometimes its a drag :D

20. chevy3755

chevy3755

oil pan stew....did you get enough donations ?

21. smautobody

smautobody

ha ha yeah enough to buy some beer thank you to all who donated lol! we will be back for bowling green pretty bummed to miss beaver this weekend though

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Congrats on getting into the six's.......Tony and his father are good people !......Fastest 1/8 mile time for my Model A was 6.06...It was 7-8 years ago it's first 1/4 mile time was 15.99...ha ha ha...You gotta start somewhere and that was my baseline. Some fail to understand the amount of time and work it takes to tune and tweek a car in to be optimized...Six-twos forever !.......Littleman

If Tony would have brought his rocket...he may have been faster than the Nitro guys...

23. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Sorry to see that BIG cloud of smoke and even more so when we saw all the debris in your oil pan.

Just had the same thing happen with my SBC. All the engine is good for now is broken parts to make into "garage art". :mad:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

When we first saw your car it "Blew" us away !!!!!(pun intended)

The car looks like it going 150mph standing still. The stance, tire/wheel combo, paint, lettering & metalflake, two lane blacktop style sliding windows & sooooo many one-off details (love the front shock mounts) that combine to make "Blew" one of the nicest '56's we have ever seen.

Good luck with things & hope to see you back racing again soon!!!

Glad to hear you'll be able to make it to Bowling Green.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  24. QB409

QB409

25. jim_ss409

jim_ss409

Yeah, thanks for the links.

smautobody, Sorry to hear about your engine. I guess I was in the other lane when it went. I didn't notice anything but I was told she let out puff of "Blew" smoke near the finish line.
    I hope you get her back together quick. That car's a real crowd pleaser!

26. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

those are some nice shots.QB409.my car is the orange 33 pickup which i was fortunate to have won the NG race in.Steve. sorry to see the damage on Blew By You. good luck.Dave

27. smautobody

smautobody

sorry to hear about your motor too!A good friend of mine and legendary dragracer Frank mazi told me today to get rid of broken parts don't keep em around cause they talk to the new parts ha ha!

28. smautobody

smautobody

thanks jim it was great lineing up with you I hope someone got a pic. The motor didn't let go then,it let go on qualifying for the aa/gs racing the 33 willys phenomin car

29. smautobody

smautobody

thanks Dave hey its dragracing you push it something is gonna give sooner or later