Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not A Build Thread....Got a New One

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruisin30, Jun 4, 2012.

1. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Well after 4 eighteen year olds joyriding in a Land Rover decided to pull across two lanes of traffic right in front of me resulting in a total loss of my perfect (to me) 47 Coupe, I use the insurance money to buy this! Frame off 6 years ago. Powder coated frame etc etc. I am in absolute heaven as I have always dreamed of a 40 Coupe in my garage.

Attached Files:

2. detroitboy27

detroitboy27
    from katy, tx

Very nice, your story is almost the same as mine

3. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Sorry to hear that there are other stories like mine. It was actually quite comical dealing with the perp's insurance company. I took the 47 to a top end rod builder after the accident. The insurance company insisted on repairing the 47. I told them that was not gonna be the best way to go for them because I knew that the cost would exceed what the car was actually going to be worth after the repairs. Well, after 2 months and the cost estimates to repair exceeding $30k and didnt even include everything, they called and begged to settle as a total. Lets just say that the really nice 47 was morphed into an exceptional 40. Not at all unhappy about how things worked out I assure you.

4. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Hey Detroit Boy, just noticed you are in Katy too! You going to be at Bumbera's Speed Shop this Saturday afternoon?

Another thing I cant get over is how much smaller the 40 is than the 47!

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

That car looks absolutely "right"! Congrats.

6. droptop 63

droptop 63
    from Texas

It is a beaut. You almost have individualize it.

7. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Time to update your avatar! :)

Both cars look/looked real nice! Good for you on the new acqusition.

8. detroitboy27

detroitboy27
    from katy, tx

That's good to hear, After the insurance money and the buy back I parted mine out and almost broke even, I'm not to unhappy with the outcome either. Check out my thread.

I probably won't go, I'm stilll working the bugs out of mine, and doubt it will be ready by this saturday:(

9. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

An added bonus on the 40 was "Ford in a Ford" with built 351/C4/9 in.

Sorry I wont get to chat on Saturday, maybe next time.

10. cederholm

cederholm

Great looking car! Did the insurance cover those dice or where they extra??:D

11. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Nice car...glad it worked out for you!

12. willys_truck

willys_truck

Glad to hear a GOOD outcome from someone dealing with a insurance company! Who was the company you where dealing with?

13. That's a nice looking 40 you ended up with, sorry about what happened to get it though.

14. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

The other driver was on his dad's policy with Safeco. Ended up OK but obvious from the very beginning that they had no clue how to handle my rod. Said they had never dealt with a "classic" car wreck before. I tried to tell em but NO, they had to experience it for themselves. Biggest hit on the rebuild was the Cowl. It was all wrinkled up because of the angle I hit. The estimate had gotten over $30k and he hadnt gotten to paint, driveline or interior yet. Just fenders, hood, suspension, trim, bumpers and that old cowl issue.