Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help wanted-where to get engine parts in California?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod dude, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I'm flying over and attending the L.A. Roadster show with some friends, it's going to be great. My question is folks, where in California would be the best place to get a load of quality brand name engine parts, such as Crane, Quick Fuel carburetors, Edelbrock Air Gap manifold, Speed pro pistons etc.etc. for a 351 Cleveland I'm building up for a H.a.m.b. unfriendly muscle car restoration I'm doing? Thanks guys, hope you can steer me in the direction of your favorite supplier! regards, H.R.D.

2. You will find vendors at the show.
    Also look for UPS to ship or ask the vendors to ship the parts for you
    You will like the swap meet.
    You can start at one end and when you get to the other end you could have a whole car.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  3. Paw performance

4. Weasel

Weasel

5. Thanks for the tips. We will have plenty of room in a container so i would like to buy and pick it all up while I am over there. I checked out Summit but I wonder how long it takes to get the order ready and do they post to a motel room, a bit of a long shot I reckon. Any more good speed shops in Ca. just in case I can't get it all at the swap as suggested? H.R.D.

6. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

Don't think they will have many Ford Cleavland parts;)

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial Black]
    [/FONT]​

7. True ... and thats a loss for the rest of us ... they were a good source.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Ditto!

9. At least around my area speed shops are all but gone as the internet has taken over. I get stuff from a local auto parts store (they order it for me). It's still cheaper from summit or jegs, but I like to try to keep them open.

10. 1gearhead

1gearhead

Best buy locally is Team C in Lakewood, CA. They carry all the name brands and at competitive prices, Check them out. I have bought form them for years and have been very happy .

11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Summit ships to my house over night. I am near San Francisco. LA might be a day longer. The sales rep will tell you if it's back ordered. and where they will ship to.

12. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

There's Service Center in Lomita. The shop is small, they use to have a warehouse in Inglewood. With all the big names selling on the web, the local speed shops have been wiped out.

13. deucemac

deucemac

You might try Hawaii Racing in Simi Valley. JoeySouza (owner)is also on the web. It is an old fashioned speed shop with reasonable prices.

14. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

you can try J & M Speed center in Riverside, they have a lot of goodies on hand. not the cheapest place though..

15. mitchsfab

mitchsfab

That's right Hawaii Racing is a big Ford guy

16. How long are you going you going to be over here? meet up with a member close to you and have summit ship it to their house simple.

17. JON THE POM

JON THE POM
    from melb oz

You live in the land of the clevo, most of the best parts are already in oz

18. zep058

zep058

If you can find a fellow HAMB member to accept your parts at their home for you (pick one at random!?) or look into shipito.com a package consolidation service which will give you a "US address" and pack it all up and ship to your shipping agent
    Ofcourse there are charges but from what I hear they do a good job for Aussies shipping back to Oz so getting it to long beach should be ok
    *edit- just seen you've got some weighty items,maybe collect from shipito somehow.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  19. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Since you have a container I would see about having the parts shipped to someone in the LA area. Where you could pick them up and load them. I shipped two cars to Melbourne using Montana Exports in Compten I think,