Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is it just me or...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gizzy, Jun 3, 2012.

1. I can say that I live going to car shows as long as there is always something to see it do. I'm not a big fan of sitting idle all day.

My favorite part, from the SoS show on Saturday, was caravaning there with other drivers/HAMBers.

As far as bringing my car to a show or cruise, I just as well park it and go find other shit to keep me entertained.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Where do they attach the ball and chain that's keeping you from leaving?

3. Model T1

Model T1

Most small car shows are so compactly parked you can't get out till it's over. Besides the rules usually state you shouldn't move your car till after trophies are given out. So that's the ball-and-chain.
    That's another reason I stopped giving $20 so you can look at my car and I can look at yours. I park outside and we can still look at each others stuff. Then ride around town anytime we want.

4. deto

deto

Too graphic for the hamb

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I understand if it's a show. The OP said a "cruise in". If I ever went to a show, I'd expect to stay. That's why I've never entered one. I don't usually go to places I can't leave when ever I feel.

6. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

They don't...so I just leave

7. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

if there is such a rule i wouldnt go anyway!

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I rarely see the "please don't leave till XPM" request at regular rod n custom shows (GG / NSRA, etc.), but very often at shows hosted by towns, or for big charities as they need your ride to be there all day to keep the crowd around. Those are the shows that really piss me off when they want you to pay to be the entertainment. I've never hesitated from bailing on a GG / NSRA / Turkey Rod type show or making multiple trips in / out as I need to nor have I been asked to stay or prevented from leaving. I wonder what would happen ifn they tried to stop ya? Gary

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  9. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

I was talking about this exact topic a few weeks ago at a 'cruise in' sponserd by the local chevy club. First by the time the 7th Camaro with a big block and super charger rolled off it's trailer it got a little repetitive, second whats the point of owning a car if you're not going to drive it. That's the express purpose behind me getting my 50' Ford shoebox.

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

[​IMG]

11. PRB

PRB
    from Az

I'm with you. I can go to a show/drive in for about an hour, walk around to find anything cool, check it out....then got to get going, never did like sitting on my ass.

12. Model T1

Model T1

Even in your own back yard at Old Town they ask people not to leave early. Old Town is a "LOVE-HATE" place to go. So crowded and so many tourists from the Mickey Mouse club thinking everything there is for touchy-feely and sitting in, plus kids on bikes and animals with animals on leases. It would be difficult to leave early anyway with the amount of people there.
    Cruise ins are different. People often do come and go like the good ole days. But small town shows usually pack the cars in too tightly to leave.
    Funny the trophy winners do usually drive all the way across a parking lot from a trailer to show and win. I always though they were car shows. Those trailer queens aren't cars!

13. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

14. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I've been sayin' this for years.

15. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

i can enjoy some of the shows like the mobtown greaseball down in baltimore every year, big party that night with tons of cool people and friends around. most cruises are jokes. just sit on your ass and whack your willy. sometimes you meet some cool people but its more fun to go out and raise a little hell on friday night than sit at walgreens

16. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Your right we figured it out about 9 yrs ago and put an end to the car clubs BS and all . Now we just go for a drive and hot in the old hot rod and have fun. Don't miss the sun burns either.

17. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Iam sitting here reading this crap , whats the question ? I do like the chap beatin his dead horse though. Thanxz for the post .
    B.B.

18. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Our local "cruise ins" have been over run by new Mustangs, Corvettes, Challengers and Camaros, with the obligatory owners with their feather dusters, waxes, polishes and attitudes. There are still a handful of traditional hotrods that show up, but we are a VERY VERY small minority. Oh well.

19. 46stude

46stude

You know whats worse than sitting in a hot parking lot at a "cruise in"?

Starting a bitch thread on the HAMB about sitting in a hot parking lot at a "cruise in".

20. TinShed

TinShed

Amen!

21. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Now that's funny right there !!!

22. Cooder2

Cooder2
    from tejas

Much prefer cruising to sitting still. But sometimes its nice to have a conversation with fellow gear heads

23. slammed

slammed

No, you were fine in your OP. I too, came to the same 'crossroads'. Most 'Cruise'z' are far too redundant, predictable and contrived. Unless it is a special benefit deal.