Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Need a good paint/body repair shop in CT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jon volk, Jun 3, 2012.

1. jon volk

jon volk

Got stuck in a bunch of stop and go traffic and ended up with some bad brake fade that reared its head pulling back into my shop when I needed to stop quicker than they allowed :(

Anyone know of a shop in CT that would be competent enough to make this repair? Im not concerned about the metal work or bumper straightening as much as I am the paint match/blend.

Who would you trust to do it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jon volk

jon volk

TTT.
    Really looking to find a reputable place soon.

3. Ron's Auto Madness in Bristol, CT. Ron does amazing work, both normal collision as well as many custom cars/paint.

Also, Connecticut Custom Car in Enfield, CT. Walter also does a mix of full custom and collision work.

I would trust my car to either shop for custom work/repair like that.

Glenn

4. Pasta

Pasta

I recommend Schocks (sp?) auto body near The Dock shopping center in Stratford.
    They do great panel matching by spraying test cards till it's right.

George

5. Paul B

Paul B

Call Ed @ Autobody Unlimited in Stratford 203-375-1966

6. jon volk

jon volk

Thanks guys. Ill make some calls tomorrow.

7. Pasta

Pasta

Any updates??

8. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

actually me and autobodyed did that car. call him (203)375-1966 or call me (203)257-0310.

9. jon volk

jon volk

Ron's auto has it. I'll post final pics when they're done.

10. BensonStripes!

BensonStripes!

I know this car well. I did the pinstriping. Sucks about the mishap...hope everything works out for ya!

11. jon volk

jon volk

Ron's Auto Madness in Bristol did a phenomenal job. The repair is the straightest part of the car. I wouldn't hesitate to recomend them to anyone. I pulled the trunk panel to check the backside of the repair and it looks as straight as it did from the factory. A+ job on the dent pop and paintwork.

[​IMG]

12. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

WOW good news! Now put some discs on her!

13. jon volk

jon volk

Discs are on my to do list. Especially for how much it gets driven. I always leave a large gap in front of me but it's a nice safety buffer. In the mean time it'll get some cool off time before maneuvering into my shop as its a tight squeeze.

14. I am happy to hear that my recommendation worked out for you. Ron is a great guy and his guys do some awesome work. I knew he would treat you right.

I spoke with Ron's painter last week and asked about how the car was coming along. He told me they had made contact with autobodyed about the color info so that they could match it exactly. Not only did Ed help with the info, he offered up the leftover paint he had to them. Ed should be commended for that, not many guys would go out of their way to help another shop get a car fixed right!

15. jon volk

jon volk

Very cool. I was not aware of that. I'm glad to have the car back in top shape.