Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage York Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40LUV, Jun 1, 2012.

1. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Here are some pictures from Friday. With hail in the weather forecast, I wimped out and drove up in a late model. When I left in mid-afternoon, it was still dry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Some more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Last group

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Great stuff. Thanks for posting. Will be there tomorrow. Had to go to Fords at Carlisle today. Hoping for good weather Sat.

5. Who's ford truck red is the 5 window? Man it looks alot like Appleman's coupe with different wheels, but maybe its just been a while since I've seen it.

6. 53woody

53woody

Thanks for sharing your pictures..... some cool cars I had some friends drive down but I haven't been for years. Bruce

7. RPMhotrod

RPMhotrod
    from Philly, PA

thanks for the pictures! looking forward to tomorrow!

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Thanks for the look, Carl......some really nice Customs there including my pal, Dave Leather's purple chopped '51 Victoria......I love that car......and the sectioned shoebox was *rad!*.......

Great pics.....

CB

9. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

I got soaked on the way home. Only trouble is the windsheild leaks like a siv. At least I got a nice shower in the car.:(

10. Great photos....Any more of that awesome Styline? Centurion9

11. brady1929

brady1929

great pics, thanks

12. Great pictures and my favorite is the 55 150 2-door handyman wagon......nothing too overdone just looked like a decent lil driver.......I had one similar and regret selling it .........wonder if that one would be for sale? I may try to head up there tomorrow if the weather is good.:)

13. Good pictures, thanks.

14. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Nice pics thanks

15. thehazguy

thehazguy

Really nice pic's. It's been a while since I was there Like the clean no frill's look

16. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Here's a few pics I got today at York before my camera crapped out.

Attached Files:

17. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks for sharing the pics Beatnik!
    Looks like it should have been a pretty good day.................

18. Boy the place was packed today! We inspected 217 cars - more than we've inspected in a couple of years - guess everyone that was afraid of the weather yesterday showed up today. Stop by the booth tomorrow and see the dozen new products we have like the Bithcin and Champion stuff and the Edmunds air cleaners for the Rochester and Stromberg backdraft carbs, Lote of HAMB friendly parts at O'Brien Truckers:)

19. 5window

5window

Yep, great weather and a good crowd. Picked up a few tools, saw some different ideas on how to do things , ignored the relatively non-hod rod entries and shook my head at more than one or two cars with great work but colors or concepts that befuddled me. Only a couple of R-rods and they looked rather silly.

All in all a very good time. $14 to get in but $12 if you were >60 as I think 80% of the crowd was. Parked for free 1 block away from the gate.

20. F&J

F&J

Somebody explain this motor? :confused::D

It is an early olds Rocket with Ross Racing aluminum heads and LINCOLN valve covers:eek:

musta wanted a "hot rod Lincoln"

[​IMG]

21. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Cool show.Thanx for posting some great pics!
    Myron_

22. Great photos,..thanks

Does anyone know anything about White Rose Motors who were the Cadillac dealer in York? My '49 was sold new there - I would like to find out info on it. Sorry to hijack

23. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

The theme of this car was Lincoln Zepher, from the insignia on the grill shell to the push buttons on the doors to the steering wheel, instrument panel, and other details. Very cool car.

Attached Files:

24. 40Phil

40Phil

Here's a few more from yesterday. Alot of nice folks there and alot of geezers like myself, too. There had to be 100+ 40 Fords.

Attached Files:

25. Wow, all great cars.

26. ken1939

ken1939

I know the builder of this car, and not so much the owner. He wanted to build a Lincoln Roadster, if they had built one in 1932. The body was my late Godfathers, Johnny Parks. Its a pretty big deal car and has put Mark Gissendaner, builder here in Pittsburgh, on the map only to people like Chip Foose. Mark has put out excellent work for years, its like the old overnight success story took 20 years. Car won at Indy and quite a few other places. Most of the ideas, like the door buttons, were the owners idea, and when I heard about that I was not to sure about what it would look like done. Turned out rather proportional. Not your A-Typical big buck car imho.

27. ken1939

ken1939

Great pictures by the way. I was undecided. I havent been an NSRA Member since 2002. That when one of my last "old school" freinds had passed away. I knew that these events werent going to be the same without Jack. I was going to Carlisle for the Fords show, and thought about running over to York, but changed my mind. So thanks again for posting the pics.

You didnt miss anything at the Fords at Carlisle, or it should be called Mustangs at Carlisle. I know they had a 50 years of Shelby Tribute which was understandable. But quite frankly, I thought I was walking on a new car lot. I didnt know I could bring my Focus:)

The oddest site was 20 yellow mustangs all coming in at one time, late 90s thru late models, and all the owners wore yellow shirts. Me thinks there is a club of some sort.

Nice older restos, a few 70 and 71 Torino Cobras, 68 fastbacks as well.

Decent swap meet. I know thats important! But left without spending any money.

28. Weasel

Weasel

^^^Hey Ken you should have taken the '32 ute to York - what's the matter with you:confused:;)

29. Weasel

Weasel

Here's Ken's ute - would have fit right in like I told y'all....;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Friday I checked out at noon due to the 50 mile trip back home, I did not want to risk driving into bad weather. Showed up Sat with the wife and had a good time. I went to Timonium as a 15 yr old and have been doing this ever since, kinda sad that greed has taken over and spoiled the NSRA, late models IMO don't belong. Good seeing old friends and talking to car guys, thats my favorite part.