Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features traditional t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merles_garage, Feb 23, 2012.

1. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the input. You have to remember what era I am shooting for. The late '50s when Graboski's second generation T came out with the taller windshield white canvas top and kick up rake in back. Then Ivo's T copy with tall windshield and full canvas top.
    Looking at what you are building I think your era is post WWII to mid '50s which was a different look altogether but still kool.

2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You know I just had a revelation. Norm Grabowski not only started the T bucket revolution but all the crazy stuff that followed. If he would have left his black T "The Lightnin Bug" as we know it alone and then the great showman Tommy Ivo had not tried to upstage him none of this crazy stuff of the '60 and '70s would ever have happened.

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have had that same thought a time or two...

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

With the coming of the big auto shows, it was bound to happen. One upmanship can be a bad thing, when it gets out of control. The mid-sixties were the beginning of wild.

5. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Yep...he does! A wicked little A fordor. Loud as hell, too! Great guy to hang with at a show!

6. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

Does anyone know what happened to this T? These pictures came from the January 1973 Rod & Custom issue the article is on track T's. The car was originally owned by Seth Hammond and was right hand drive.

Attached Files:

7. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Just got a reply from my friend Jay West. He said he thinks Seth still owns the car and we can discuss it with a mutual friend Jack Chard this Sat. at Jay's wife's birthday party. I'll let you know. Might run into Seth at LARS in a couple of weeks too.
    Gary

8. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

I would love to see more pics of that car!

9. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

I had read that Seth had passed away!?

10. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, I've seen pics of this too. I'd like to see more of it. Odd combination of styles but bitchin' just the same.

The T in your avatar looks to have the same proportions...cool.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

One the many Cool but non traditional details on Seth's "T" was the head lights that turned with the front wheels.

12. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I don't think so. I'll get the story tonight. Seth and his wife campaigned an old '60s streamliner at Bonn for years. She went over three hundred in it before it crashed. They built another and are still racing as far as I know.

Can you or anybody send a better, larger picture so I can print it out to show my friends tonight?

13. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

Didn't he use Austin Healy wheels with the knock-offs too? I think it had a 88" wheelbase also. I remember it being real short.

Ron

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I think Marascos car is on here somewhere, or maybe on one of the other T-bucket threads. Very trick car.

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Good one! Blame it on Ivo and Grabowski. Maybe that will shut up some of the guys ragging on t-buckets on here, but I doubt it.
    Funny thing, I started out loving T-buckets when I was a kid in the sixties, went through the "I'm too cool to like T-buckets" phase in the '70s and '80s, Mostly due to Leg Show and the cars that followed it, and experienced a t-bucket rennaissance in the early '90s, when I started to go back and look at photos of the cars I'd dug as a kid, like Debenidictus, Marascos, and others.

16. tjm73

tjm73

I think I have some pics on my removable harddrive attached to my laptop. I will check and post them if they are there.

17. wmericl

wmericl

I am building a 27 roadster pick-up... I am like you... I hate t's with the massive rears and jacked up backs... and the tiny pick-up boxes... I am building mine with a 5' bed... and a true 27 style lakester body... found one which is extended with doors and fits my over 6' frame... Tried it on for size in Knoxville last year... frame is almost complete... Here is the link for the body!

http://shop.wintecfabrication.com/product.sc?productId=323&categoryId=6

18. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

A couple of pictures I took of Seth at Bonn. The first one is the 27 T they built right after crashing the '60s streemliner. Seth is in the hat with the neck cover. Think that was 2004
    The second is their newest streemliner. Think I took it last year.
    The old car was painted the same colors, sorry the pictures I took of it were before I went digital and I would have to dig them out.
    I'll get more info on the roadster tonight at the party.

Attached Files:

19. tjm73

tjm73

I have 25 pictures related to this car. All of them came out of these 6 pages. I think the order is screwed up, but it's all here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammm that is cool....I mean Out of sight man.

21. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

mine

Attached Files:

22. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

Man can you e-mail those pics to me? That car was the original inspiration for my build! [email protected] Thanks

23. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Okay Seth is still alive and living in Santa Barbara Ca. but he sold the roadster a while back to another Santa Barbara friend Matt Williams. And as far as we know it is still in that area.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I knew I liked it. I freakin' love it!

25. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Great pic's tjm73, I'll bet that car was a blast to drive.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_7830628", true); </SCRIPT>

26. killerbunny

killerbunny
    from serbia

Me too...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:D

27. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

28. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Who had the 60's T bucket form Texas , candy paint, tan int ? , aluminum slots slicks, brass grill ................it was for sale in the classifieds at one time.. Killer car

29. tjm73

tjm73

I do not remember how I came to have those pictures of the magazine. I think a fellow HAMB member hooked me up, but I'm not sure.

Was this directed to me? I'll just post all of them up and anyone that wants them can take them.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Neat "T"! But I'd have to go a bit later on the photo date. The blackwalls, Astro steel slots, even the guy's skinny tie all scream '64 or so.