Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thompson gasser reunion 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smautobody, May 9, 2012.

1. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

The PID Reunion etc bring a BIG CROWD & LOTS of cars.... the one at Sonic last year was well attended.

Travj31.... BTW... forgot it's also my wife's 50 birthday party next Saturday .... I told her about the PID Cruise & in typical "hot rodder" form she said "hopefully the party will wind down early enough for us to get there"..... :rolleyes:

2. RT166Garage

RT166Garage
    from ohio

I just did a drive by the track looks like lots of cars but its still raining and dark ..:(

3. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Hope and wish the best for all you guys....diehards for sure.
    Just cant afford the time off and trip for the chance of sitting in the rain.
    Best to all John

4. c57heaven

c57heaven

I'm an hour Away and it is raing like a bitch.
    Plan on going Sat. bout noon. Wouldn't miss it. Haven't missed a spring event yet!

5. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

Passed you about an hour or so ago on 90. We are headed out there to spectate in the morning. Should still be a great event.

6. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I went out Wed nite, made two passes, teched in Thursday, and visited with friends and fellow racers in the Cleveland area as we watched it rain on - n - off all afternoon before we decided not to go to the track until Saturday.

7. Talked with my buddies with the awesome 61 Impalas they took out this year.....unfortunately i can not make it and am regretting it as it is imo a great event. They said it was raining hard and they went to the Rock and roll Hall of fame for the day.......tomorrow looks like scattered showers.......I hope the weather is good for all you guys .....I will be looking forward to some great pics as usual. If you are able to make it do so as you will love the track and event.;)

8. LilMo 56

LilMo 56
    from Cleveland

Went out there today hoping optimism would overrun the rain...CRAP! Total washout for Friday. Can't go back tomorrow but wish the best of weather for all you guys that are there. Heard they plan to get the whole program in on Saturday and hope it all happens.
    Wife still made out. Every trip to Thompson, I stop at a local winery and bring her back a little juice. Small price to pay. Best of Luck, Gassers!

9. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

O.K. boys, sun is shining and local (Cleveland) weather man says no rain until 8:00 tonight. I'm an hour away and gettin in the car now.

10. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Damn it! I was on my way up and I broke something. I guess thats how it goes.

11. Beautiful day at the races .
    Some very cool stuff here and lots of it.

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does anyone have pictures???

13. Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  14. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Link isn't working

15. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Here you go. A little something for everyone.

Attached Files:

16. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

More

Attached Files:

17. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Still more.

Attached Files:

18. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

And some more.

Attached Files:

19. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Last one.

Attached Files:

20. c57heaven

c57heaven

Interestingly there was no Littleman and no Rebel Reaper running.
    Unfortunately; Blew By You toasted a motor pretty bad. Oil pan full of pieces on display in the pits. :eek:

21. berresfordracing

berresfordracing
    from ohio

The true showmen of the event were not there, space cadet was there but did not run. The wheel kings were missed! Also lack of time trails kinda brought the suck with a new car. We were hoping to get the bugs worked out. Didn't happen.

22. I was there on Friday with both the Rebel Reaper and Hart car....rain kept them in the trailer...had family stuff today and tomorrow....I had heard about Blue by You and Skip popped his motor too... Space Kadet had a leaking head gasket, I think Eric's Chevy had engine problems too...On a good note, I hear hemirambler won the event! Way to go Jacin!!!!

23. 00-DIRT

00-DIRT

I will be posting pics in the next few days, Had a great time, It was my daughters first drag race and she loved it too. She got to sit in Hellacious, Brusher 55 chevy and the 38 special. Met a bunch of cool people. Made some new friends, and saw some old ones. An old family friend won the 409 shoot out. Definitly missed don moyer and littleman, bummed when blew by you broke and that space kadett was still having problems. And I still dont understand why thompson only wants to have two day events when they pack the place out, make it three days specially when you know there is gonna be a good chance of a rain out on one of those days. Thanks again to the guys at berresford racing, Hellacious, 38 special, nostalgic notions, steve and blew by you, brusher's and art with the 550 coupe for letting me talk their ear up alittle.

24. John T.

John T.

Great day at the track! Glad I went, seen lots of good people and the first run Godzilla made all over the track and never lifted a bit.:eek::)

Does anyone have a wheels up shot of that? I remeber that 55 from 30 years ago!

R.I.P. the bottom end of Blew By You, That motor provided a lot of beutiful noise for everyone. Hope you guys get it back out again soon.

Also got to stop by on the way home at Mat Thrasher's with the Badd Ass truck. Hope to see that back together again soon too.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  25. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Thanks Don!!! Lady Luck was smiling in my direction today!! Car ran flawlessly (minus a last second leaking v/c gasket we changed before the semi's) - new converter seems pretty good - best 60ft time yet!

As a side note I discovered that I absolutely SUCK at backing up the trailer in the DARK!!!! ha ha ha

26. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks for the pics. Saw one of the Indy area guys there..Too Falcon Fast!

27. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Good to hear on the win !.........Hope you did not put a yellow stripe down the side of your house.....That is a tight fit you have......Converters are majic when they are match to your combo.......Any details on what happen to Steve ?...Hate to hear that w/ all the work they have done latley......Littleman Dave

I had to work and did not make the event for the first time in a while.......Not racing the Truck anymore ..too fast for how it sits now....be back w/ something new I hope next year.

28. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

No yellow streaks down the side of the house, but only by luck!!

I was very sad to see Steve's motor. I'm not sure anyone works harder than he does -just sucks - I hope he can salvage some of it.

29. Fixed

30. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Greg, It was really cool seeing you and your wife again!! Seeing your "Last Logghe" in person was a HUGE treat!!!! Absolutely Love it!!!