Register now to get rid of these ads!

I painted my car today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kan't spell, May 12, 2012.

1. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

That is one beautiful ride

2. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

3. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Your car is sick. I love the colors and that its unique. Whats the name of the gold? looks alot like a bike I built.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Look good man, love the gold!

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If this is a "what do you think" post, I'm not feelin it. Looks like good work on a well done car, by the description it was done right. Charcoal grey flake on the roof would be better. Anything but white or silver, or perhaps gold. I don't think it's a lost cause, and by you saying you weren't sure about it at 1st speaks toward the basis of my comment. To pull it off completely I'd paint the wheels the same color as the roof and make sure it gets some pinstripes that bring the roof color to the rest of the party. I don't think it's butt ugly, and I don't think I'd do it, and I've done some shit that had me 2nd guessing before, during, and especially, after! Still, it's really nice work. I know the feeling all too well. Just sayin, and I don't mean to offend.

6. i wasnt sure about the color combo either, but I think its really gonna look awesome!!!

7. Ya I Know! But I had the house before I got the car. I will post some more pics but It's going to take a few weeks till it starts to look any different.

8. Thanks for your input. I’m actually surprised but how few negative responses I’ve gotten. I had been thinking about painting the wheels the same color as the roof. I’m going to running full wheel covers so that little bit of gold between the wheel cover and the white wall might tie the whole thing together nicely.

9. Not a fan of 2 tone roof and body, but can't fault the bodywork and paint. Nice fit and finish. As for color, it would be pretty boring if we painted them all the same color. Congrats on a job well done. Pat

10. I love it! It isn't a color combo I would have oringinally picked, but after seeing it done, it is truly stunning! Nice job, and I think you should do the wheels the color of the roof. It would look killer.

11. Squablow

Squablow

Exactly the one I was thinking of, and a great car to take inspiration from. If someone just described a car to me in light blue with a gold roof, I think I'd hate it, but seeing it in the pictures, I think it'll look great when it's finished. Especially if all of the visible mods to the car are kept in the same period.

I'm excited to see what it looks like with trim in place.

12. bbbronc

bbbronc

I think it looks great, colors and all. +1 on the wheels

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nice color combo. Be interesting to see this one.

14. sodaturk

sodaturk
    from san diego

Nice color choices. I think that your car is "your car" doesn't matter one anyone thinks as long as you like it. I've painted to of mine crazy color combos with lace and fades...lots of gold too. I love the blue and the gold that you chose. That car would look good solid in either of those colors, but the two-tone is your unique choice. All that being said-nice job!

15. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Love it. Something that could have been done in the bomba crowd.
    Chrome and glass is gonna pull it all togheter, leave the wheels alone for now.
    Fat Thumbs up!

16. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Very cool car. Paint turned Out nicee

17. Sorry it took so long but I finally remembered to look up the name of the color. Its a stock Toyota color called Yellow Effect, color code 580.

18. bbbronc

bbbronc

You get any of the trim on yet?

19. Nope, not yet. I had a couple touch up I needed to do and I still need to do some polishing.

20. droptop 63

droptop 63
    from Texas

Paint work looks awesome. Put me down as another die hand fan of gold and the different shades of it Azter, Olympic, etc. My droptop is a variation of this color.

21. Progress had been slow, but it’s coming together nicely. Hopefully my windshield and part of my grill show up soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. slammed

slammed

Closer indeed. Can you snap a pix in full sunlight?

23. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

24. BadLuck

BadLuck

love this car! whats the story with the light above the bumper? Kinda cool... oh yeah, i 2nd the sunlight pics

25. This is the best I could do quickly tonight.

[​IMG]

26. It's my back up light. It was on the car when I got and I thought it was cool so I kept it. It says Electroline Modle 82 on the back of it. Originaly it had a small bar that ran across the face of the light but it got broken when I shipped it to the chromer. I've tried looking for info on it but haven't had any luck.

[​IMG]

27. bbbronc

bbbronc

28. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Wow man, that looks killer!! Love the colors. Nice work.