Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Hotrod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOT ROD BILL, May 14, 2012.

1. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Vintage Drag Races
    Little River
    June 9-10 (sat sun)
    Headsup & Bracket

2. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

3. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Fun place to race, will be a fun time. Will be there for sure.

4. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Seems this starts with test and tune Friday night, 3 days of racing!!!

5. kisam

kisam

Hey, I'm actually off that weekend! Hmmm.....

6. SKOTZ FLATHEAD FEVER is going back together and I'm planning to be there:D.....Glad to see the "Spring Little River Nostalgia Drags" are being carried on.....

Attached Files:

7. Well, "off that weekend" means "I'm going to Little River:D"

Just got off the phone with Kirk, the Track Promoter....He is young, got lots of good energy, loves the old stuff, grew up on this track and He is going to put on an event so "WE" can have a good time!!!!

LETS PUT THE WORD OUT ON THIS EVENT:D.....It's gonna be a hoot!

8. well...Bill's been setting the bar pretty high....can we get him to rest a bit...?

9. See you there, sounds like a good time I'll bring the "40",,,,sam

Attached Files:

10. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Well shoot I reckon!

11. Rest???.....shoot fire, he does.....in between rounds:rolleyes:.....hahaha

12. pecker head

pecker head

Im in ! WOOT WOOT !

13. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Rest? Ok, this race I'll let off at the 1/8 marker.

14. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuMMMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!!!

[​IMG]

15. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

If you've never run at Little River, you need to come check it out. It will be a fun weekend.

16. speedjunky

speedjunky

17. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Hey Hot Rod are you letting off at the 1/8th because its gonna be 1/8th mile drags? Or are they gonna run 1/4 mile? Still think you are just lining us sheep for the slaughter.

18. Took my 16 yr. old "tuner" grandson in 2010. Really opened his eyes and ears.
    For his birthday bought him a pile of parts for his first "rod" - A 64' Falcon 2dr. post , 302, C-4, 9", mustang clip....forever corrupted.
    Chuck

19. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

You busted me, it's 1/8 mile.

20. tripler

tripler

... The racing program for the Texas Hot Rod Reunion June 9th & 10th at Little River Dragway was set up after quite a bit of research into other Nostalgia Drags that have been run across the country. A combination program, which includes BOTH “Heads-Up” Trophy Class Racing where cars that are “more or less” built similar are grouped together and Cash Money Prizes “Dial-Your-Own-Handicap” E.T. Bracket Racing was decided on.
    .The REAL THING TO REMEMBER IS “That It’s All About Having FUN WITH YOUR CAR”
    ...Setting up “Head’s Up” Trophy Classes during Nostalgia Drag Racing events is VERY DIFFERENT from running Class Competition in an NHRA event. With NHRA you start equipping your race car according to what the rules allow. (BUILDING THE CAR TO THE CLASS RULES). When classes are set up for Nostalgia Drags - the car is not built by any “set rules” so the vehicles that show up in the Racer Registration line are WILDLY different (SO YOU HAVE TO BUILD THE CLASSES TO THE CARS) - and try to be as fair as possible.
    ...It’s a difficult process - “This car’s lighter”, “This one’s got a bigger motor”, “This one’s got a bigger motor BUT has smaller tires”... Basicly Though - What we’ll do is put as close to similar vehicles together as possible and let the WIN LIGHT figure out who did the best build..
    ....For Classes we’ve decided to go with what’s as close to an “industry standard” as we’ve found, a close version of the ones that the Kontinentals used last fall at their Day of The Drags -
    ALL BODY STYLES MUST HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE IN 1972
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Heads Up” RACING CLASSES:
    Flatheads, 6’s & 4’s - No body restrictions.
    Street Coupe & Sedan - Fendered pretty well street driven hot rods.
    Street Roadster - Pretty well street driven roadsters.
    Hot Coupe & Sedan - Fendered not street driveable and/or real race cars.
    Hot Roadster - Not street drivable roadsters and/or real race cars.
    Full Stock - Full Size Cars with/or not some performance modifications.
    Street - Full Size Cars with performance modifications or lightened.
    Hot Street - Factory Hot Rod cars or home build equivalent.
    Vintage Fuel Motorcycle - Shovelhead, Ironhead Sportster, Any British
    Exhibition - Vintage race cars, dragsters excetra, single runs only.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Dial-Your-Own_Handicap” E.T. RACING CLASSES
    ......ALSO - at the Texas Hot Rod Reunion we will be running in conjunction with the “Heads Up” classes (where both green lights on the Christmas Tree come on at the same time and the first one to the other one wins) - 2 “Dial-Your-Own_Handicap” Elapsed Time RACING CLASSES. This is commonly called Bracket Racing.
    ...In Bracket Racing, a competitor makes several Time Trials before the competition begins and then decides upon a “DIAL-IN”, which is the elapsed time that he figures that he will run during each round of competition. Bracket A Class is for cars that figure they will run quicker than 7.99 and Bracket B is for cars running 8.00 and above.
    ...After Time Trials when each E.T. Bracket Class is called to the Staging Lanes. A Track Official will go down the lane and ask each competitor what they want to dial-in. Any changes in dial-in’s after the first round can be made with the Track Official at the head of the Staging Lanes.
    .... TO WIN a bracket race, a competitor must beat their competition to the Finish Line without going quicker than their declared dial-in. If a racer gets to the Finish Line first but goes quicker than their declared dial-in the win will go to the racer that did not “break out” (or broke out by the least margin). Oh - and of course NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES are allowed. This is "Old Style" Footbrake Bracket Racing...
    ...SO - That’s the racing program for the Texas Hot Rod Reunion. We decided to do both Bracket Race and Class Racing. With Class Racing the guy with the Quickest Car Wins - In Bracket Racing the guy that’s the most consistent driver with the best Reaction Times when the green light comes on Wins. It’s the BEST PROGRAM WE CAN DO WITH WHAT WE’VE GOT TO WORK WITH - A FUN - OLD DRAGSTRIP WITH 4 STAGING LANES.
    ...ALL COMPETITION in both Class Racing and Bracket Racing will staged so that vehicles will be able to ENTER BOTH TYPES and have the most time available between each time they are called to the Staging Lanes... Come On Out & Have A GOOD TIME !!!!!

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  21. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Question....based on the picture of my car above I'm assuming if I ran "Heads-Up" that would put me in Hot Roadster because I have no fenders even though I have a coupe correct??!

22. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I sent them email about this.

23. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

24. Got the "Official Flathead powered Mini-bike Tow Vehicle:cool:" ready, with it's lowered gear ratio, stretched frame and "stuff" boxes......Now if they have a Mini Bike Tractor Pull Class, I'm ready!!!

Should be a good bunch of races this weekend.....Talked with Kirk, the new track promoter:D(NO, it's not Hutch!) and he is trying to give "US" what we want for the weekend....He is the former track owner's son who is now the promoter, so he has been around since a kid.

Come one, come all......IF we support this, WE will have a great event....if you sit around this weekend, you will have "that" to look forward to......hahaha

http://www.littleriverdragway.net/files/Download/8x11 reunion.pdf

Check out the link....even got a band for the Austin Music Lovers.....THIS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

25. seatex

seatex

Bullshit, Doc, you were looking for the ASHTRAY! HAH!:D

26. Well, son of a gun.....I did "forget" the racing rear axle pegs:rolleyes:!!!!......why didn't I send you the "roughed out pictures" last week, before announcing the bike World Wide on the HAMB:eek:!!!!.....hahaha

Hope to see you and your "matching color Nomad" Saturday/Sunday......and we'll take "you" with or with out the car...haha

27. kisam

kisam

So are you bringing your "Slowmad" or what?

28. seatex

seatex

Now THAT's funny right there!:D:D:D see 'ya there, Kathy!

29. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Only 3 more posting days til race time.

30. HAHAHA, you're a nut case:D.....Nobody can say that you take life too seriously.....hahaha......soooo, are ya coming????