Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Pothole City Aug 19-20-21 2005

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GFY inc., Jul 21, 2005.

1. GFY inc.

GFY inc.

Detroit Pothole City Is Not Your Typical Car Event.taking Place August 19-20-21 @ The Majestic & The Car Wash Cafe. This Is Your Anti- Woodward Dream Cruise Weekend.for All That Are Too Cool, Too Punk, Too Poor, Too Smart. To Hang On Woodward. This Is The Real Deal, Lowbrow, Hombuilt, Hotrod,customs Cars, Choppers And Scooters. This Is All About Grit, Grease, And Attitude.

The Event Starts Off On Aug 19th. In The Magic Stick With Two Performances By Hank Iii & The Waywood Drifters. & Much Drinking!!!

Saturday Aug 20th The Car Show Starts Off At 1pm And Will Go In To The Wee Hours Of The Morning. With More Live Music (tba) In The Magic Stick Spectators Are Welcome!! The Day Will Be Fun Filled, Bowling, Pool, Food,drinks.
    Sun Aug 20th We Will Run A Loop Around Belle Isle,and End At The Car Wash Cafe For A Bbq.

2. And what does GFY stand for ?
    :confused:

I hesitate to guess......:eek: :rolleyes:

3. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

how about an intro?

GFY

4. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Who are you? This is not just a free advertising site. I suggest you read the rules before you start posting. Just a thought:rolleyes:

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

6. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

*shit hits fan*

but in all seriousnes, I think I actually am too punk to hang out on woodward.

7. fleetwood

fleetwood

Is there going to be a test to make sure that every body meets all the attitude criteria? I don't think i'm "bad ass" enough for this, I'll stay home. Hey! The Majestic's on Woodward!!! So, you're still hangin' out on Woodward.:eek:

8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Is this before/during/or after the broken dream cruise? Is this the first time it's happened? I've never heard of it before??? I actually like woodward, it's a nice road, gets me downtown no problem:D

9. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

will all the hot little scenster chicks be at the stick too. and all the girl pants wearing "punk rock" kids... the sticks played out and i dont want a bum pissing in my car. and im to emo to hang out on woodward it makes me cry and think about girls. So i dont think im even cool enough to hang out at the stick. all my pants and shirts fit me and i dont look like a girl with preety shaggy hair. :rolleyes:

o yea who the fuck are you? and do u have a bottle of apple juice for all that show up?:D :cool:

10. ...

potholes should be AVOIDED

11. Ah shit! I'm all out of attitude! Fortunately I still have time to go pick some up...

12. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

Well, I guess the northern parts of Woodward are going to look like a ghost town now that everybody's gonna be cuffing their jeans and heading to Krazy Pothole Fest or whatever it was called. Will there be an award for Dirtiest Valve Covers or anything awesome like that?

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

GFY, you should probley try this again after a "proper" intro in the "offical" intro section THEN your "event" announcment should go something alittle less "scenester" perhaps. How about:

"Hi everyone, this is Jay, I've posted my intro and I just wanted to stop by and fill you in on a new event that's taking place the same weekend as the infamous Woodward Dream Cruz. It's geared toward traditional styled hot rods and customs so I thought I'd fill the HAMB folks in on the event.

If your tired of all the traffic on the north end of Woodward, feel free to stop by the Magic Stick on Friday nite Aug 19th for live music by Hank Iii & The Waywood Drifters. The cost to get in is $_______

Saturday, AUg 20th the "car show" gets hopping around 1pm at the ________________(Magic Stick or the Majestic Theather, fill me in on exactly which cuz am I just not scenester enough to know they are one and the same place). There will be live music, bowling, pool, foood and drink available. The cost for this event is $__________________.

Sunday, Aug 21st the festivies start at ________(insert place and time) then we will cruz Bell Isle and end at the "Car Wash" (the "in place" for suburbans youths to hang out for those that aren't in the know) for a BBQ. The cost for the cruz and BBQ is $_______________.

If you have any questions please feel free to either email me at _____________, PM me here or ask away on this thread and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks so much for your time. Hope to see you next month with your cool rides.

Respectfully, your new friend Jay"

OR if you want something more humorous with tons of responses have "Fat Hack" write it for you.:D

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D My "event" would consist of a few folding tables, in a parking lot, covered with Ego-Rama ballots, ink pens, and cookies. For every ballot you filled out you received a cookie. Sound like a fun way to spend the day??:D

15. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Sounds good to me, as long as you do a burn out or two as well!

16. No guesses ?

This crowd is getting soft.:rolleyes:

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well he IS from Michigan so my guess is the "G" stands for "GAY" :D

I'd have to put Roadstar's old bias plys back on Big Olds first. It's about the only thing they're good for now:eek:
    I'm certainly not ruining my new radials:D

18. Antibilly

Antibilly

AGREED!!

19. http://www.GoFuckYourself.com/

Maybe this is his site ?:eek:
    The initials fit.:rolleyes:

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Burnouts cause cops to get outta hand on Woodward. Anyone remember poor 'ol Murray on his mini bike last year?

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Speaking of poor 'ol Murray (Detroit Torch here on the HAMB) his HUGE bash is the Saturday nite of the Woodward Cruz. He lives a block or so from the Ave. Live music, starts around 7pm. I'm sure more details will follow as time gets closer.

22. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Sweet, My buddy Greg (Buckle) that was at your party during Autorama and his two buddies Ron and Cliff also at your place are working on a sweet little 62 Biscayne wagon they got for FREE! with a 289 in it! for woodward, we may have to swing over to Murray's with it!

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Man, I really liked those guys. I sure hope they don't think that nakeed guys are the norm at my partys. :D Tell them I said "hi" and that I'm looking forward to seeing them somewhere/sometime during the Woodward Week of Cruzn.;)

24. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I thought anytime you drive in Detriot its a pothole cruise... :rolleyes::D

25. fleetwood

fleetwood

Hey! I just heard that the pothole party is going to have clowns, face painting and :) FREE balloons!!!:) Can any body verify this?

26. I heard it was a typo.

Actually,it's a Butthole Party.:eek:

27. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Damn those gay michigan bastards.

28. fleetwood

fleetwood

I think they should get Sha-Na-Na to play at this, Is Bowser still alive?

29. [​IMG]

30. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Can't wait for the show, I'll bring my doggies.

Attached Files: