Register now to get rid of these ads!

Amarillo Swap Meet - June 2 & 3 - 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasSpeed, Jun 1, 2012.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Anyone out there heading to the swap meet tomorrow? It's gearing up to be a pretty good meet this year. Just tonight, I saw more older parts than last year. I made a few pretty sweet scores tonight while they were all getting there. I'm a vulture, I know. :p

I scored a complete F1 front end.. Axle, springs, spindles, brakes, drums, shock arms, etc.. There was literally no road grime or sludge on it. Light rust on the drums but that's about it! Waaayyy cleaner than what I had to begin with and I was missing a drum too. A good friend had it but he's not into traditional stuff so he had it out for $150, but being the good friend that he is.. He let me take the whole shebang for $100. No picture because it was still inside his enclosed trailer and he's not taking stuff out til tomorrow.

Desoto wire covers - $25 (I'm on my way to owning my first Hemi.. hehe :D)

[​IMG]

Early Ford wheel? Someone tell me what this is? - $10

[​IMG]

Model T crossmember with spring - $35

[​IMG]

There was a guy with a trailer full of tri-5 GM stuff. Mostly Chevy but I spotted a BOP deck lid and tons of Cragars and some Astro Supremes. Lots of other junk wheels but there's some good gems out there. Guy selling some Flathead parts, carbs, generators, heads, etc. There was even a complete '59 Impala front clip that looked pretty straight and rust-free..

I know Flat Top Bob'll be there tomorrow. Anyone else in the area heading out there? There's good stuff to be had..

http://amarillo.craigslist.org/pts/3039679027.html

2. That's an awesome deal! Wish I could have gone!! Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

3. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

There's always the White Deer meet in September.. Have fun in Arizona!

4. 50'custom

50'custom

Ha,small world I guess ! I recognize that wheel,I walked up just as you bought it. I gunna be back up that way about ten in the morning.

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Oh, dude.. You drive that truck? Parked behind me in the cop car?

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

please keep your eyes out for stuff on Laredo Drag Racing in the 50's and C.C.T.A. & V.T.A. & O.T.A.

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Will do.. There's actually a couple of Amarillo HAMBers who are die hard drag enthusiasts. They'll probably spot those kinda stuff out long before I do but I'll do my best.

Thanks for the heads up.

8. Where's White Deer?

9. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

East of Amarillo on hwy 60 before Pampa

10. 50'custom

50'custom

Yea,the Black lifted z71 ? That me......

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Ha. Small town.. Buy anything?

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yep. Small town but the swap meet is just about as big as Amarillo's, if not a little bigger from memory.. I went a few times with my dad years ago and there were a lot more quality parts to be had there. I haven't been up there in a few years so I wonder if it's the same or has changed. Hopefully for the better.

What do you say, Steve? Wanna go in September? Small town folks have some of the best old stuff.

13. 50'custom

50'custom

Went to the white deer meet last year,and was VERY let down...It was rather small and had almost no old stuff....I remember it being a way better turnout when I was younger and going with my grampa.
    And Texas Speed,no I didnt buy anything :( I have a few things I am searching for in particular and am saving my pennies for such. Did see a few deals though.*almost* bought a rebuilt carb for my 50 ford but decided I had better wait and only get stuff for the project I am trying to finish/sell before the end of summer.

14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Up dark an-- bright and early. Bttt for any of the local HAMBers.

Ah.. That's real unfortunate to hear. I remember seeing trailers and trailers of '40's through '60's cars and parts. I even remember a couple Ts and an early '30's Ford truck. It was even raining and real cold but they were out there in force. Bummer. :(

Good luck today!

15. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Scored the steering box and shaft from the same truck as my F1 axle for $25..

Up for the ones sleeping in!

16. If I can get off work that sounds great. Good luck today.

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Well. It was a great meet. Still going on but I decided I like being able to eat better.

‎'50 F1 axle with spindles, hubs, drums, shock arms, springs, shackles, etc
    '50 F1 steering box, column, wheel, column shift, tie rods, etc
    '50's Desoto Firedome Hemi wire covers
    '50's Ford-styled Willy's Jeep wheel
    '51 Hudson taillights
    Cheap bucket headlights
    Model A front spring
    Model T rear crossmember and spring

All in pretty good condition.. For $270. There were still plenty of old parts to be had. Even a complete and driving Model A truck. All in all, not bad for Amarillo's annual swap meet. Pretty good improvement over last year's meet.. Hopefully this swap meet keeps growing and have more quality parts as the years go by.

18. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Man! I wish I'd known there was going to be a swap meet that close........Looks like you scored!

19. 50'custom

50'custom

I was able to grab a early chevy bell housing for $20 with throw out bearing,and clutch fork ! So thats one thing off my list...I was also after an early f1 steering box but I guess texasspeed beat me to the punch ! LOL Texasspeed if you wanna part with that box PM me. I searched for an hour for a bell housing and always got the same price *about $75* I did find one but after digging the grease out found stripped trans holes for $35 but passed then had to battle a guy for the one I got for $20.

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Ha! Did you see there was a '40's Dodge steering box with column and column shift on it? I wonder if those can be used in the same location as a F1..

I'll keep you in mind regardless. It seemed much better this year, don't you think?

21. 50'custom

50'custom

Yea,saw the dodge box but was unsure if it would fit the bill on my hotrod. And it was much better this year than last.