Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 international build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jdsludge, Sep 3, 2011.

1. likes ihs

likes ihs
    from petaluma

this is mine with 4"s out of the radiator shell. also z'ed 4", chopped 6"s, channelled 4"s. still full length with fenders.

Attached Files:

2. Sweet looking IHC! I really like the way you got the wheels nicely tucked in there!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

3. jdsludge

jdsludge

Wow, your pickup looks great!!! Is it on airbags to get it that low?

4. jdsludge

jdsludge

chop.JPG To chop or not to chop, that is the question?...Any thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  5. Rodders

Rodders

i would not chop it but just my 2cents

6. n847

n847

I wouldn't chop it...Drive it for a few years, if you want it chopped tear it appart and do it again!

7. jdsludge

jdsludge

The problem with not chopping it 'til later is that I haven't put a floor in yet, and if I chop it, I'm shortening the doors, so I'd have to rip out the floor to do so. If I chop it now, I can then make the floor to that dimension....lot to think about,BIG commitment!!!

8. n847

n847

Ahh I under stand...Then thats a tough decision! I really like your work so far, and I've already tagged a couple of those Master Cylinder assemblys on Flea-Bay, I'm not sure how I missed them before! I'll be tunning in for more!

9. n847

n847

are you gonna run a bed or fenders? I'd have to see it with a bed mocked up! I'm still thinking un chopped!

10. No chop, the truck has such good lines without a chop.

11. Mattawawillys

Mattawawillys

Agreed, the lines look great how they are! i wouldnt chop it.

12. jdsludge

jdsludge

bed.JPG bed chop.JPG
    Here's some new pics with the bed mocked up. I'm not running fenders.
    Tell me what you think. I'm still on the fence:/

13. exterminator

exterminator

Either way,it will look good.I do like Likes IHS truck.

14. n847

n847

Ok No Chop....great looking truck

Now are you going to "bob" the bed? I wouldnt but if you are it might need a chop!

15. jdsludge

jdsludge

chop1.JPG photo (6).JPG photo (7).JPG photo (8).JPG photo (9).JPG photo (10).JPG photo (11).JPG photo (12).JPG photo (13).JPG photo (14).JPG I was busy Saturday, decided to chop my cab despite all the input not to... sorry guys, but in my opinion it had to be done! I will be bobbing the bed as well. I went with the chop that involves chopping the door vertically, I think it looks the best and is the easiest to do. I still need to do the doors, so i'll post those pics as soon as I finish them. until then here are a few pics to look at. I'm pretty happy at how it came out!:D I used a cut off wheel to do the cuts, they make a nice straight cut. I used the tape as a guide(much easier than staying on a pen mark;).) I had to use a hi-lift jack to spread the bottom windshield posts into position. I was really surprised how well everything lined up, if you notice the back of the cab, you cant even fit a piece of paper between the seams!!! I'm pretty proud of doing all this without any help. So far the only help I've had on the whole build was getting the cab off the flat bed:) I plan to do the rest alone as well...(bragging rights!!!)

Okie Pete likes this.
  16. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Hi, Looking great! Chopping is the way to go. Is your doors wood framed or all steel ? I have a 1934 and a 1936. If you need International parts. I will have some leftover parts off my trucks, that I didn't use. I know were another one is in the weeds that could be bought.

jdsludge likes this.
  17. jdsludge

jdsludge

door.JPG Chopped the doors last weekend, everything went together the same as it did on paper to my delight! I mocked them up and they fit like a glove:) Still have to make new frames out of tubing. I have a feeling they will be lighter than the old oak I took out, but we'll see. Cant wait to start the floor and start puting everything together.

Okie Pete likes this.
  18. Mike43

Mike43
    from oklahoma

What front axle and brake setup are you running? Nice build, going to look great. Keep us posted with pics, some steering pics would be cool too!!!

19. jdsludge

jdsludge

I'm running a superbell 4" drop I-beam w/ mono leaf spring from Mr. Roadster. Dead perch to keep the axle located. I'm using disc brakes up front. Still need to finish the steering, I'm going with a chevy style tilt column and Vega box cross-steer setup. took a while to get everything working together, I went through 3 sets of steering arms 'til I got it right...I hope:)

20. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

CHOP IT...Wish I had mine back I sold it to someone in penn back in 2001. The rumor was it was a old drag truck from lawrence ks. I bought it from a guy at TWA overhaul base it was in primer already chopped front fenders running boards and rear fenders all 1 piece. All the louvers were done.I dropped in wicked sbc and rattled can the whole truck.The wife got sick and had to let it go.

21. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

22. I had a body-man buddy cut mine 4.5". When it was finished, he called and said I couldn't have it back! He wanted it. Made me a great deal on it. Here are a few photos of it...bed is an old craftsman yard trailer box.
    Custom frame and SBC, 350 turbo.

Attached Files:

exterminator likes this.
  23. jdsludge

jdsludge

image.jpg I had to take a year off due to work, but I'm at it again! Boy have I been busy. Got the brakes all plumbed. I added a line lock for lightin' em up on the strip! What a pain in the ass getting everything clean and tight.

Okie Pete likes this.
  24. jdsludge

jdsludge

image.jpg I also mounted the tank and plumbed the gas line.

Okie Pete likes this.
  25. jdsludge

jdsludge

image.jpg I had a driveshaft made to fit. Got it done at Bill's Englewood Driveshaft... "You can beat his price, but you can't beat his shaft!" ;-)

Okie Pete likes this.
  26. jdsludge

jdsludge

image.jpg I bobbed the bed 8" I think it looks better now! Finally found a tailgate on eBay after searching daily for 5 years!!!!

Okie Pete, exterminator and bct like this.
  27. jdsludge

jdsludge

Yes,but only the rear.

28. exterminator

exterminator

Love your truck!

29. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Yes. Way cool. :cool::cool::cool:

30. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Isn't it going to be difficult to get proper driveline angles/geometry with this arrangement?

[​IMG]

jazz1 likes this.