Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radir wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billpickemup, Aug 21, 2011.

1. billpickemup

billpickemup
    BANNED

Could anybody tell me if these are radir wheels ?

15" 5 on 4 1/4 bolt pattern

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Looks like a set i think they would have Raider on the
    back side i could be wrong

3. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

radirs or mickey thompsons.

4. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

My Radirs didn't have the two outside ribs on the spokes.

5. Are any of those worth the trouble to rechrome? There's a single on a car in one of the junkyards I go to, but I haven't messed with it because it's rusty on the steel rim.

6. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

those are bad ass what ever they are.

7. Deuces

Deuces

What cars came with a 4-1/4" bolt pattern???

8. F&J

F&J

Radir is a repro modern wheel. Those are old wheels. Old ones are spelled Rader and Radar.

I have seen 3 types of older ones.
    -M/T rader which are marked on the back.Riveted spokes
    -A no name that is not riveted, it has welded steel pads imbedded in the spokes
    -the other one has a differenty company name, as well as marked "radar", not rader..Riveted spokes.I can go look at one if you want; US Wheel or something.. I think

Your wheels look like the no-name with the welded pads...look at the back, if you see welds and no rivets through the rims.

9. F&J

F&J

He measured from the center of one hole to the center of an opposite hole....and forgot to add the 1/4" that must be done on 5 lug wheels.

In the olden days :) , we used to measure from the center of one, to the outside edge of an opposite hole. Then the mags came out with the larger .680" holes for shank type lugs, and the old way was not accurate anymore.

Best way is center to center and add 1/4" on either stock steelies or big hole mags. Very hard to mess up that way.

Those wheels look like 4-1/2 because the holes are very close to the center hub hole. A chev 4-3/4 will be farther away, a 5" Olds/Pont will be almost centered in the web, and the early Ford 5.5" is more towards the outer edge of the web.

10. monsterflake

monsterflake

that's how i do it, but it takes a good eye to tell. a couple of years ago, there was a set of shelby 5-spokes (cragar s/s type) on ebay. the guy was listing them as 'mustang' wheels, but the bolt pattern looked like 4 3/4. i sent him a note, telling he should really check the spacing. he didn't respond and didn't change his listing. they probably wouldn't fit any ford, much less a mustang.

the high bidder wound up paying about $900 (i think). his username and his history looked like he was a mustang guy. i always wondered if that guy shit himself when his wheels showed up and wouldn't fit his car...

11. crews

crews

Nothing old..... late model fords ( Taurus I think) and some Volvo's..... Nothing relevant

12. Tomcat65

Tomcat65
    from Stockholm

60s A body Mopars

13. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

My 61 Valiant had the 5 on 4 1/4 bolt pattern

14. F&J

F&J

Geez.....4-1/4" on early A body including Valiants, eh?

Try 4". Mopar never had 4.1/4" on anything, at any time. Chevy did on the cheapie model in 33.