Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs I wonder what ever happened to Cheech & Chong's "Love Machine"? '64 Impala?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sqeaky Hinge, May 30, 2012.

1. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

That car is iconic , I wonder if anyone ever fixed it up , or if they just left it alone? , anyone have any info on where it is now?

2. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I can't believe it hasn't been cloned. (LOL)

4. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

If you google image search it there is one photo that looks like it could be it. Its crunched above the driver headlight which wasnt in the movie picture i dont think.

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

It's pronounced... "Lub Macheen"!! :D

6. ICONIC? Well there's a wonderful example of a word being misused. There is nothing ICONIC about that car - it does not represent the world of the lowrider nor would cause anyone to think of it as a faithful representation of that world.
    Famous? maybe. Infamous? Yes, it probably is that. But lets face it, it was a beat up Impala with every cliche imaginable thrown at it, that essentially poked fun at the Hispanic Low Rider culture, and who's best redeeming value was the License Plate.:D

7. al8apex

al8apex

there, I fixed it for you ... :)

8. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]

it has been cloned.. for the love of pete

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

How could that be considered a clone? wheres the narrow whites? No low rider east of Phoenix would be caught dead on those tires...

duecesteve likes this.
  10. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

I would love to have a "Sweet & Low Upholstry" van clone for parts hauling.

11. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

The hell with the love machine, I want the herb truck!

12. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

The reason I said "Iconic" is , if you ever see this car , you have no question as to what made it famous , you had no question as to what the car represents , and you had no question as to who the characters were that made this car famous..Ithink that all cars in movies , that featured cars kinda as an actor themselves were Iconic , remember the '56 wagon in "Hollywood knights" , remember the Corvette that Dennis Hopper drove in the movie "King of the Mountain"? , remember thatPlymouth Fury that was in "Christine"? , the yellow '57 Chevy in "Macon County Line"? , all I conic cars , IMHO.....

BLAKE likes this.
  13. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

East? Don't you mean west of Phoenix?? Those tires have east of Phoenix written all over them!

14. Well, that really is just what makes them Famous. But the words Iconic and Icon are so over used in today's society it really deflates the meaning. An icon is an object of veneration. In the word's original, religious context it is a painting of a holy person designed to draw the viewer into the contemplation of the divine. In the broader secular context an icon is an image known to everyone that draws the viewer into a web of cultural or historical associations. Semantics I guess, but the downfall of a society can regularly be traced to a bastardization of it's language. :rolleyes:

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yup, that's what I get for typing in a hurry!!!

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

makes me think of that song by the Miracles called "Love Machine"

17. JohnnyBootlegger

JohnnyBootlegger
    from NC

I think it was totally Ichronic.

18. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Damn , did anyone get the jest of that descriptive explanation of the english language ? , no need to try and impress me with that college vocabulary , so I misused a word according "your" massive vocabulary , sorry dude....:confused:

19. Mercchev

Mercchev

It went up in smoke...sorry...:)

20. metalshapes

metalshapes

Language is a living, changing thing.

( except for Latin, etc )

There is a Racingcar driver who was succesfull on the track as well as with the ladies, and has on his headstone written that he was gay.

What they meant to say is that he was happy... cheerful...

You could still be right, but it would mean that the downfall of our society started in the '50s or earlyer. ;)

21. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or "earlier", ha!

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

Or maybe we are only now really gaining momentum... :rolleyes:

23. luciomduran

luciomduran

My Brother-in-Law owns it. It's amazing how they make things look so much larger on the big screen.

24. squirrel

squirrel

you made me watch the movie....yet again...

The car is pretty typical of the lowriders I saw in tucson about the time the movie was made (late 70s). White painted brake drums, cragars, skinny tires with whitewalls, organ pipe speaker covers, dingleberrys, shag and fur, etc.

25. Purty sure the one in the movie was an S.S. if I remember correctly...

26. moronic?

27. When read in a snooty british accent this comment is quite entertaining. Were you wearing a monocle when you typed this?

28. My "Love Machine" was painted nice, but we sure played the hell out of that WAR cassette while shifting the 4 speed.
    [​IMG]

29. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Simple question to English lesson , why do I bother ?

30. metal man

metal man

That movie was on today at lunch time. I caught the first 15 minutes of it. OP must have seen it too.

I wouldn't be caught dead driving a turd like that...famous or not. Hopefully it's in someones garage now,and has been fixed.