Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 Sport Coupe (on the road)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NORCALTHUMPER, May 30, 2012.

1. NORCALTHUMPER

NORCALTHUMPER
    from Nor Cal

Hi everyone, I bought this project a few years ago off the site. I purchased a lot of stuff off here and finished it (got it on the road I should say) a while back. I work overseas so I have a limited amount of time to work on it. It may not fit the bill for some of the period correct traditional builds but Im proud of it and thought I would share. I couldnt find the classified add on here but it was much more work than I thought! The vehicle means a lot because one of the guys that picked it up for me when I was in Iraq was killed in a car accident shortly after. So details as follows

1929 sport coupe (I know its not a real roadster!)
    383 Tunnel ram, TH350 2500 stall,
    9inch
    Frame just needed finishing when I got it so I dont know the exact dimensions for the front and rear mods
    front disks
    shoebox dash

By far the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. This thing rolls 85 on the freeway buckin like a bull the entire way LOL. Thanks to all who helped or sold me parts.

Kevin

Attached Files:

• 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      File size:
      35.6 KB
      Views:
  2. big daddy Raleigh

big daddy Raleigh
    from Denver CO

Awesome ride! Good work sticking to it and finishing it!

3. Fiiiinnnniiiissshh iiiittttt!!!

4. Patrick46

Patrick46

WOW...yer car is just barely on the road and it's already got a history.

Nice.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The bucking bull ride can probably be corrected by a little work on springs and shocks. You should be able to push down on the front or rear of the frame and have the car bounce a time or two just like your modern ride. The springs hold the car up and give it the ride, smooth or log wagon rough. Remove a couple of leaves if the log wagon is your ride. The shocks keep the wheels on the ground by dampening the jounce of the springs.
    Many an early car has a bad ride that can be corrected in just a day or two IF there isn't a problem requiring moving or remounting components.
    Enjoy.

6. NORCALTHUMPER

NORCALTHUMPER
    from Nor Cal

The front is good to go, the back only has friction shocks. I need to rework the rear suspension due to the time constraints I have been holding off. Great info though thanks

7. Budweiser

Budweiser
    from california

Any other pictures?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Barn-core

Barn-core

Probably looked something like this when you started...
    [​IMG]
    Glad to finally see it on the road. If I remember the rear kickup was about 19", front frame was swept, don't remember how much. All with a stock Model A chassis. Welded doors, filled wheel wells, channeled about 4", 30 A firewall. I'd love to see some more pics too, when you get the chance. I still have most of my build pics if you'd like some of them. Sorry to hear about your friend.