Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Flatz

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hispanicviking, May 28, 2012.

1. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

Has any body panted there ride with the Hot Rod Flatz Seafoam Green Metallic or the Diamond Blue Metallic ? I've been trying to google these colors to see what they look like on a car, but can't find any pics. If someone has any pics of these colors on a car can you show them on here i'm try to figure out what color to go with on my 56 Olds. Don't know what to pick there are a lot of cool colors out there. Any ideas would be a great help .

2. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i can't believe i'm going to say this but, do a search as there's a lot of talk on this paint.

3. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

I know there's alot of talk about this paint but i'm trying to see what these two certain colors look like on a car. I can't seem to find them on the net.

4. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Idk dude. just pick what color you like and paint it.

5. Gromit

Gromit

6. TruckBizz

TruckBizz

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

Painted my old buick seafoam green with the silver sled roof. I think the color looked a lot better clearcoated. I cleared the dash and it looked better than the flat outside

Attached Files:

8. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

your sealer color and number of coats will make a huge difference in the final color. I've see 3 or so other cars in the copper pearl and none of our cars have the same tone.

9. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

Thanks you guys for the input I'm digging the seafoam green. Hey Tin Can is that seafoam green the hot rod flatz metallic ? Your Buick looks bad ass ! Your 53 Chevy is way bitchin too man nice job !!!

10. Tin Can

Tin Can

Yea, the Buick is the hot rod flatz paint, body and roof. Thanks for the compliment on the Chevy too.

11. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

buy a qt. and try it! thats what do, when they bring it up to the long beach swap meet, they only change 15 bucks, plus hardener, reduser.

12. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

That's a good idea go-twichy I think I'm going to do that . Thanks dude !!!

13. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

Hey Tin Can, was that the metallic seafoam green or the mint you used on your Buick?

14. Tin Can

Tin Can

seafoam green body with the silver sled roof

15. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

Don't know which Flatz color was used, but the Olds in my avatar is Hot Rod Flatz with a blue flake top.

16. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I sprayed my car with acrylic emanel flattened 2:1. The great thing about doing it this way is that you are not limited to a specific group of colors (hot rod flatz) You can go to your local paint jobber, spend an hour going through their color charts, find what you want and tell them to mix in the flattening agent.

General rule of thumb with flattening agent,
    1 part paint + 1 part flattener = totally flat
    2 parts paint + 1 part flattener = satin/semi gloss
    1 part paint = full gloss

What I learned by spraying this stuff is you definately want to use a HVLP gravity gun. I sprayed my roof using an old siphon gun and it seemed that the paint was drying before it hit the car because of the high pressure needed to get the paint out of the gun. For the body I used a gravity fed gun, it layed the paint down beautifully.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516827

17. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

Thanks hillbilly4008 that's real good to know I'll look into this method as well. Hey sk rodz that is a real nice blue you got on your car I'm torn whether to go blue or green. Thanks for your post.

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

There's other method,a easy method, to get that satin look without alot of mixing or the pains of spraying Hot Rod Flatz. Use Lacquer paint. Shoot it, color sand, but DO NOT rub it out. Leaves a nice satin finish. And Lacquer is old school.

19. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

Where are you getting Lacquer in Calif?

20. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca