Register now to get rid of these ads!

model a ford 4 door sedan project...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheBiker45, May 29, 2012.

1. TheBiker45

TheBiker45
    from joliet,il

starting my first project. its a 1930-31 ford 4 door sedan. came from the Lee Hartung collection in Glennview IL, got it for a steal. its a little rough but not to bad. missing a rear driver door. front doors were pretty bad but got lucky enough to find some on ebay that are in great condition. i have a mopar 440 for it that i got for free, i bought a 96 s10 for $200 that i will use the frame. since its gonna be the wifes car i got her out in the garage to help with the patch panels. Planning on chopping it 4 inches, channel it a little, and Z the frame front and rear. let me know what ya think...
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm not too much for the channel and such on a four door, but then again it isn't mine right?! I think your a lucky guy though... It is kinda fun to get them out workin' in the shop. Never been as proud of mine as the day she put her engine in her Falcon her self.

3. mikeymike

mikeymike

Nice find! Late 31 with 10 degree windshield slant without visor. I like that style.
    Not too sure about the S10 frame....I would keep the original frame and box it, much more stylish.

Just my 2 cents/mike

4. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

Why not use a model a frame? Or build your own frame? An S10 frame is going to be to wide and honestly I think it will look like shit unless you channel the car a ridiculous amount. And if either of you have any height you might not be able to chop it. Not trying to be a dick, but I don' think an S10 frame would even work if you are going to run fenders and boards. Model a frames are cheap, build off of one of those.

5. TheBiker45

TheBiker45
    from joliet,il

the frame that was there is shit. rusted through on passenger side. was thinking of making my own frame then the s10 came along and jumped on it, price was right. still playing with the idea of building my own. i build motorcycle frames, i figure a car frame couldnt be to difficult

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh dear god! I didn't read that you were thinking of using the S10 frame.... NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't do that. Trust me, terrible idea. At most use the rear axle from it and if it has a five speed trans grab that to sell to help with expenses. Either build a Model "A" type frame or even a simple more "T" bucket like frame that will be what it needs to be for the car.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nix the S10 frame idea.... There's a reason no one uses them on Model A's!!

Do a little "Model A build" search on here and see why the masses are using stock frames!

Keep up the good work though!

8. Glad to see some else building a fordor check mine out 3" chop 2" Chanel with the a type frome

9. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

That's pretty cool, your wife helping you with the car project.