Register now to get rid of these ads!

Feed back form the West Coast Kustoms Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ritpichette, May 28, 2012.

1. Now that the 31st annual West Coast Kustoms Cruisin Nationals show has come to an end ................
    What did you think.????????????
    Good and Bad........
    The new addition of the Bike Show?
    We're here to listen.
    We can't keep everyone happy ,but we try.
    Lay it on us..

2. Hipstreet

Hipstreet
    from Cali

I had fun.
    Overall the show was great.
    I liked the bike show , please keep it.
    I would like to see cars through 1966 built Kustom style allowed in the show , I seen a few Rivieras and Galaxies but I heard a lot of 60's years cars were turned down even though they were 60's Kustom style , you asked for opinions and you got it.
    Thanks Penny for keeping the show going

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

I think its a great show.Glad you are keeping alot of the 60's cars out.There are tons of shows for them to attend, this isnt one of them.

4. daddio211

daddio211

The show was fantastic! Well organized, lots to do, friendly staff! My kids loved the roller skating.

Next year turn up the heat and turn down the wind. :D My only critique!

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Overall, it was a great show and I'll return next year

The bad, some cars were allowed in with billet wheels. Some '80's something Cougar with a '50 Merc front end got allowed in.

No fault of the show, but some of the hotels had customs parking in handicap spaces all weekend. That's just down right rude! No placards or plates.

6. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

Overall awesome as usual.
    The year cutoff is weird it seems like if you know the right person you get in, if you don't you don't. I know guys like rivieras but I think the cut off year should be stuck to.
    Maybe instead of the bike show, how about a vintage chopper indoor style bike show? All the old indoor shows I see photos of from the 60's had some choppers.
    And the awards ceremony Sunday is awfully late and there is hardly anyone left by then, so moving it forward.
    And from a spectators standpoint, sunday should be cheaper than Saturday due to the car count.

Finally, it seems like the rockabilly rift raft is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!finally!!!

Thanks for hosting a great show!

7. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Great show and awesome cruise night; this is a special show indeed. My kids loved the bikes. Yes make awards earlier and perhaps do something to encourage folks to bring their cars on Sunday as well (maybe a morning cruise-in on Sunday?). Sunday just seemed so dead this year and last; not sure why folks dont come for the sunday show; its a 3 day weekend after all. Thanks for hosting; it is one of my favorites

8. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

My son and I had a great time. We were only there on Saturday but the show was just right. We would like to see the bike show continue and also the model car contest. I agree on not letting the cougar with the fake ford front end treatment enter, that was sickening. One thing I would like to know is who made the Herahata Merc. conv. clone? That car was the best in the show for me!

9. 64sled

64sled

Great show
    The friday night cruise was huge and turned out great, that was a highlight for me.

The show was well put on and very laid back.

Big thumbs up Penny :)

10. LostHope

LostHope

I never been when it was paso but went last year and this year I think it is a rad show and the cruise night it awesome in itself, it is a must goto show for me now, the only thing i think needs a little help is the swapmeet....I know it sounds good, but i got to thinking to myself that guys either choose to bring their ride or bring the truck and trailer full of parts and most opt to drive the ride to the show because it is alot of work to do both...who knows maybe itll grow as more years go by..besides that I have no complaints...want to thank everyone involved I appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting a show on!

11. We were told that there was approximately 50 people that used the Roller Rink.

12. oso64

oso64

i'vebeen going to this show off and on since i was 17.there was atime u didn't see a hotrod in the show.its called change.as for this year,had agreat time.still tired.Jimmy

13. oso64

oso64

great idea,my kids had agreat time.

14. daddio211

daddio211

I agree. I must have circled that car 20 times! Still wondering about the mating surface between the windshield posts and wind wings. There must be a good answer that wasn't apparent to me, as that was the only thing on the car that made me go "HUH!?"

And it would have been 45 if I hadn't brought my monsters. Best priced drinks and snacks were in there too, and the gal running it was super nice.

15. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

Are you talking about the Merc? I noticed it too. The only thing I could think of was possibly weather stripping? When I saw it with the top up that gap was along the entire window frame front to rear. The top needed a new cover too, so I'm thinking its not done yet and was on display as a WIP.

16. daddio211

daddio211

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thought that. A car of that caliber MUST have an explanation... WIP I guess.

17. PENNY

PENNY

as far as handicap parking , nobody was more pissed off than me but i had other issues to deal with , i had to park on top of the parking garage, the hotel can't have people stand out side to watch ,Even for me, I did tell the person there , and I do know who it was and they were not even a guest at the hotel there is a big fine , lucky for them I was to busy

18. PENNY

PENNY

I made a few calls that didn't please everyone , sorry, beat me with a wet noodle, but give a few days to rest , Shit happens , I don't claim to walk on water , but most were happy and thats what its all about , AND , its not who you know cause I didn't know them, It is what it is and I'm ok with the criticism, I really am, any one that knows me, knows that LOL

19. I really enjoyed the show this maybe more so then last year. it was nice and mellow quality seemed like it was up. vehicle count was down i would say tho. i would really like to see a cruise night both nights is that an option at all?

20. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

That would be awesome! Friday and Saturday.

21. daddio211

daddio211

Penny, it was nice meeting you Saturday night at The Pantry... remember the guy with all the kids?

Awesome show, we can't wait for next year. Just call the weatherman and order us up some warmer days, would ya? :D

22. kustomkat

kustomkat

I have been busy on Memorial weekend for the show since 1990, and probably always will be. I have no problem with the later 60's cars in the show, as long as they "fit in". Case in point, to me the Valles Riviera, while after the year cut off, fits in with the style of the show. However, I spied a completely stock bodied mid 60's Mopar. While a very nice car, doesn't really hit the mark in a kustom kar show. As long as I don't have to look at a bunch of Camaros, Mustangs and Chargers, I am good. WCK always does the best job possible to provide a good show, and this year was no different.

23. daddio211

daddio211

My '55 Chevy with 17" Torq Thrusts certainly didn't fit in, but I didn't power park it either (see my signature below). The car was welcomed with smiles, but I appropriately parked it in the back of lot where it didn't detract from the show.

It was a respect thing as far as I was concerned, respect for what the show was and for its participants.

24. I had a great time.Nice swap meet,bought stuff.good music.

25. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

26. PENNY

PENNY

I realy want to thank everyone for the comments, don't see the cruise a happen twice, sounds cool but i know it doesn't look it but its a real big deal and a lot of work from alot of people , car count was up a few cars but the spectater gate was down, thats life< the important peole were there right? And for the most part we had a good time and if everything went perfect some people wouldn't have anything to talk about and we want everyone to be happy lol

27. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Still the best Custom Show.

28. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

No complaints here, the WCK crew is first class. We had a great time and we'll be back next year for sure! Hopefully I can get more of my club members to attend.