Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 f100 short bed custom cab w/big window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, May 23, 2011.

1. I really dont plan on having children in this truck.

2. johnboy13

johnboy13

I guess it's your call then. I lost a wheel cylinder on the rear of my truck, with a dual chamber master cylinder, and was not only able to stop, but I was still able to get home as well, I don't think I could have said the same on either account with a single chamber master.

3. Where can I get a decent priced and quality kit for that then?

4. Jaybird60

Jaybird60

I've been looking into the same set up as well, I've seen them on ebay and CPP has a whole kit as well. Anywhere from $180-250, but well worth it. By having the dual MC it basically divides the front and rear brake system, so if something fails on either end, you still have braking on one end or the other, if you follow me.

5. Ok cool. I want something complete and direct bolt on so ots easy and quick.

6. johnboy13

johnboy13

7. Glad you are ok! It could have been a lot worse.:eek:

8. johnboy13

johnboy13

9. Thank you 66, you are right....could have been much worse.

10. I have purchased all new motor and trans mounts. Its been a while so can some f100 guys help refresh my memory on how these go back on?
    [​IMG]

11. For the morning crew

12. Where are all the fridge guys at? Also having issues with the dizzy.

13. Nobody knows about these mounts?

14. I think someone posted photos of these mounts on the facebook group yesterday. If I had a scanner Id scan my service manual.

15. Harvard, I got it. Thanks

16. In the process
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally in

17. Now I have to buy a trans cooler since I took everyones advice on not using the original trans cooler mounted on the trans. Looking to see what brand,model and where to buy it

18. Can you post a pic or a url from a parts store so I know which one to get?

19. Still in need of a passenger front leaf spring pack in Socal. No luck yet.

20. chaddilac

chaddilac

Which spring you need? Spring can make them pretty cheap!!

21. Chad I need the top one right under the little square one

22. Well still no luck finding a spring pack near by. Should I just by some drop springs? Or just keep searching for a stock set? Should I buy both sides? I was just thinking if they come off of two different trucks they might be worn differently?

23. chaddilac

chaddilac

Take the old one to a spring shop, have them make two like it. Unless you want to lower the truck at some point and buy lowered springs, then put the money towards them.

24. Thats progress I like to see buddy!

25. I was contemplating having new springs made but I dont see a point to that. I was hoping to score a pair of used stocks somewhere local but that fell through. Im thinking dropped springs but dont know what brand or how much to drop. Saw a pair of mono leafs in the classifieds but heard it rides like crap.

26. About time...right?? Haha. It took forever but finally going. Been going through alot with everything. Super stressed.