Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is spending Memorial weekend Thrashing on their cars 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, May 26, 2012.

1. pumpman

pumpman

Worked on the banger for the 32. Finally starting to put her back together. On the road by fall, I hope!

Attached Files:

2. cant ..... Working : (

3. shadams

shadams

Yep, worked on mine all Saturday and a couple hours yesterday. Made a ton of progress. Gonna try and work on it a little each night this week and get the cab done finally. Pics in build thread last page....

Have to work today though dammit....

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

ebay pics 1611.jpg Working on these 2 brackets.........Im on break Its hot outside

ebay pics 1612.jpg

5. Arominus

Arominus

Not doing much of anything to the car today, i wrecked on my mountain bike yesterday and may have cracked a rib. Wish i was working on it though.

6. tjmercury

tjmercury

Doing some metal work on the rpu, and putting together the rear end for my wife's DeSoto

7. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

9.00 and Im done with the brackets,Next mud phase,,,,,,,,,,,

8. More shop cleaning and arranging, versus working on a car. Actually got everything arranged so all of the vehicles, including my teardrop project and my tractor, are all inside WITH plenty of room around each to actually perform some semblance of work on them when I can!

I did wrench on the Hudson a bit today. I'm going to see if that original 212 splasher engine will actually start and run! The engine turns by hand quite easily, with the plugs out. I'll need to put a water jacket gasket on it, plus wire up a remote starter switch to start it. The original wiring harness on this is quite old and brittle, with nearly NO insulation on any of the underhood wires! So, I'll bypass all that before even attempting to apply juice to the car. That'll happen this week. Might just keep the damn thing, who knows!

9. hallrods

hallrods

Just finished spraying urethane primer now final blocking and finish!

10. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

I hit "quote" on purpose so this pic sould post again. WICKED! Deafening noise, hot engine wind, YES!,well for a bit anyway :)

11. Cut the front of my 58 Mercury wagon off and grafted a Ranchero front clip on....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. SledDriver

SledDriver
    from California

Eh. Just plugging in stuff under the dash and the hood. Really need to get this POS back on the street...

Attached Files:

13. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i just stopped for the day. pulled the body off of my 30 coupe and set it on some saw horse's to strip and paint the firewall. hopefully i'll be done by the weekend. happy memorial day.

14. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Not exactly cars....
    [​IMG]

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It was one of those days where you just take it easy. Dan and I took our roadsters for a ride and had lunch then we went back to the shop and met up with my other Son Don. We all piddled around, not really doing anything significant, but I got some work done on the subframe in my rpu project, Dan played around with a Fox Mustang he is building, and Don cleaned his shop and hooked up the stereo.

Later we cooked some burgers and hot dogs and drank a few cold ones. Just a very pleasant, laid back day. :)

Don

16. 62dragfalcon

62dragfalcon
    from Tucson AZ.

Worked on the "57 a little but had to jump back onto an OT side job. :(
    gonna need to get some work done soon before it gets "face o' the sun" hot outside!:eek:

17. 62dragfalcon

62dragfalcon
    from Tucson AZ.

[​IMG]
    Just had to see it again, dude that is rad!:cool:

18. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

^^^ Yea, cant get enough of that one.
    I took an O/T for the first terror cruise. I've been working on it for three years and its finally in the sun. B finished it last week in time for a work morale building car show and took second place. Got home and the rear main musta dried out and a fender mount broke. I'll call total Success. The wife was very happy.

19. boutlaw

boutlaw

I did, and still going, worked on the coupe, the F1 rebuild and even drove the OT 66 Mustang a bit.....nothing nearly as serious as Kewi Kevs accomplishments, but I made some headway...............

BOutlaw

20. Lots of great projects. I wish I was working on my 38 Chevy Coupe but I was helping my oldest son put a new roof on his house. Sat Sun Mon 8am to 8pm each day. I'm so F'en sore I can barely move. It even hurts to move the mouse and type this crap.

21. big creep

big creep

This is what we did! I'm tired but it's worth it! And yes I does need filler not much but some. Only way to get it straight.

Attached Files:

22. big creep

big creep

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CqI6J8pXqbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

we also had a fly over from the condor squadron based out of Van Nuys airport, sorry took it with my iphone.