Register now to get rid of these ads!

whose in the garage today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldschool1, May 28, 2012.

1. I am, it's to frikkin hot to be outside.

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I've been in the garage all weekend working on the coupe. Blew a head gasket Saturday so I slapped one on yesterday. Was happy to find the motor appears to be a fairly recent rebuild with .060 over pistons and looks really clean. Took it for a shakedown run last night and now buttoning up this and that. A good weekend.

3. im working in the shop today, but in about 2 hours ill be working on a steak!

4. In the garage all morning making some adjustments to the brakes etc.:D.On the front porch now having a drink and checking out the HAMB:cool:

5. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Yep, just another day in Paradise. Trying to get caught up on seat building so I can get after a few chop jobs and roll pans. Cant think of anything Id rather be doing. :D

Hats off to all my buddies who didn't make it home to play and paid the ultimate price for us... Thanks Guys! Your here with me in spirit. GOD Bless you!

6. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Gotta come in and take a break from the heat sometime. :rolleyes:

7. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Lunch time on the west coast...

8. well i am on farm and fixed the garage door latch , seeded some grass and am going to fix the hydraulics line on d8 , fabricate a coupler and hope to get the 24 volt delco alt to work, all hommade stuff

was going to replace wood in front of shop rained and damp

and walking around thinking of my times in Nam and it is not good memories
    doing my cars is the best therapy and gives a person a goal

i am fortunate with the comp that I can work full time on my customs and stuff, so monday get the invicta wagon and rebuild the caliper and do Sisseton SD next weekend:D

9. havi

havi

Fired up my '54 IH for the first time today. :)

10. aaggie

aaggie

I had Carpal Tunnel surgery on both wrists on Thursday and since there are no stitches I decided to play in the shop. i tried to twist off a beer cap then whimpered my way back to the recliner.

11. 51delivery

51delivery

Three of us spent apout 4 hous making trophies for our local car show next month. Not done but got a very good start. Not as nice as the Autorama ones in Hot Rod but we liked how they turned out.

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Went to a car show/cruise Saturday, so was in the shop today..
    Don't get no better than that.....:D
    Cheers....

13. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Or on your computer?

14. msalamanca

msalamanca

I planned on it, then I got a call into work this morning.
    Cant beat holiday pay, specially when you have a flathead to rebuild.

15. vg62truck

vg62truck

in the shop cleaning parts from the autopsy we did yesterday on the race engine we killed Saturday night in hot laps:mad:

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

pulled the gas tank from a 1942 Ford Panel truck that sat for many years after being restored in 1992. luckily there was only about a quart of gas in it... just enough to leave 1/8 inch of slime on the bottom. I'll find out tomorrow if anyone local still boils these things out.

17. ilikeflatblack

ilikeflatblack
    from HASLET, TX

in the shop ,hot but have a nice southern breeze in north tx

Attached Files:

18. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Yeah, was in the garage today, but fixing my stupid power washer. Cleaned the gutters today with it. 93 degrees out, and I was up on the roof all day. Yes, I'm an idiot!

19. I was, off and on. I did actually accomplish engineering a pcv valve on my engine. Now its time for a Negra Modelo and unlax..:cool:

20. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Not in the garage really but in the drive way beating bondo out of my son Graduation present,so far about 16-20lbs every damn panel on the right side had a sharp criece down em,they didn't even try to beat em out!then myself & DJ bleed the brakes & adjusted the shoes.

21. I Drag

I Drag

Not me, the thermometer reads 150 degrees here. Of course it's not the heat, it's the humidity.

22. maybelene

maybelene

Rebuilt all the rear brake system and got brakes Saturday. Fired up the international and for the first time pulled it out of the shop yesterday. Worked all morning on transmission today. All tin shop in Mississippi was hot, its cooler working in the broiling sun I think. But I made progress, now I'm stove up and dehydrated.

23. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Went to a cruise-in Saturday...skipped todays show, waiting on parts for one of my cars.

24. Ha ha, had my knees in the breeze this afternoon and even started knocking out the quarter on the Henry J.

25. droptop 63

droptop 63
    from Texas

On and off during the day. Got in some good work on my project this weekend.

26. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

pulled the motor and 3 speed out of my inline falcon at my home garage. Had the radio on, my son next to me, a beautiful day!

27. petew

petew
    from Mebane, NC

At work, 7am to 7pm....

28. j.Mack

j.Mack
    from Milwaukee

lots of electrical work for me today...getting things prepped for a near future Rebel Wire install!

29. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

Finally out of the garage, 60 el camino. Its been sitting for 20 years, i pressure washed it and all the silver paint blew off and left me with primer. Only took a battery and a clean gas tank to get it started but it needs a fuel pump and some carb tuning to get it driving better. Any ideas for a replacement seat?

Attached Files:

• elco.jpg
      elco.jpg
      File size:
      354.4 KB
      Views:
  30. Well I wanted to be at the shop today, but working at the house triming trees, cleaning out the gutters and had to work on the gutter on one side of the garage as it was about ready to fall off. Dam step lader sunk in the ground with one leg and down I came. So I said to hell with this shit and went to the shop. Did not get any work done, but got the roadster out and went for a ride...... All is well after a hour or so of the wind blowing around you on a nice day driving a roadster. Shit caned that lader as it was a piece of shit anyway.