Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Invitational July 28th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 26, 2012.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

About the third or fourth year of the Showdown the E.M.M.R. had a rained out track time date & asked if they could run the afternoon of the then small show.
    They did & it was a great combination of hot rods & vintage race cars.
    For the tenth year of the Jalopy Showdown we will do this one time event with vintage race cars on the track & about 150 of the hot rods & customs I WANT on the infield!
    I handed out invites at the Showdown & response has been great. We still have room for more so if you have a real traditionally styled hot rod or custom and want to be on the infield, please send a photo to [email protected]
    & I’ll get back with you if we have room & the car is what we are looking for.
    I will have special brass plaques made for the cars that make it in.
    EVERYONE is welcome to the show. It is the usual $10 admission. There will be vendors
    & the barbeque guys will be there. Vendors are first come first served at the usual $40 set up. We will also do the usual camping deal. Track time for vintage race cars at Latimore that day & Lincoln Speedway that evening . Also a special hot rod class at Latimore so you can run WITH OTHER CARS ON THE TRACK...no mud pit though! Will require a helmet, seat belt, & long sleeve shirt or jacket. THIS WILL BE ENFORCED!

I ran out of time to look at all the cars at the Showdown...it’s kind of a busy day for me! If you DID get an invite, let me know if you can make it & PLEASE bring the invite with you for entry to the infield! If you did NOT get an invite & would like to be considered for entry, send a photo of the car you would like to bring to
    [email protected] If I email back that you have been selected, please print that confirmation & bring it along for entry. If I let you know the car will not get in it is because it does not fit the show OR most likely we are out of space, so please don’t take it personally!
    I'm hoping this turns out to be a real laid back kind of deal for the day...big enough to be fun...not as big as the regular Showdown to make me crazy! Hope to see you there for some vintage racing fun!!

Rain date is the next day, Sunday July 29th!

2. oj

oj

Excellant Larry, this will be fun!

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks Larry. Got a room booked and looking forward to it.
    Slim

4. getting the camping gear toghter again for this show!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I wanna go! Checking schedule now!

6. Tony

Tony

We won't be missing this one! I miss the DB's! :D

7. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks again and congratulations on the great 10th Jalopy Showdown!

Thanks too in a major way for the invite back in July...........

I know you have to deal with insurance and want to make sure to comply. Is there a spec required on the helmet worn for track time? Or can I use my vintage brain bucket?

Now I'm wondering if someone might show up in a leather helmet too?...................................

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

My car is at the body shop and will be Washington Blue by the 28th.. would love to go.. I emailed a pic.. if ya didnt get it.. here is my 34.. Hope to be invited.. Thanks -Eric
    [​IMG]

9. DaveZ

DaveZ

Larry, I had a great time at the showdown. What a relaxing environment with great cars and freinds. Thanks for the invite #13 for the invitational. I will be glad to drive my car down again for the weekend. I will actually be able to stay all weekend.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  10. tuki

tuki

thanks alot for the invite Larry!..it sounds like a great time.im going to email you soon.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm invite #69 and will be there in Big Olds, camping in my usual spot please. Will send a confirmation email to the above addy as well. Thanks for the invite, I'm honored.:cool:

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I sure hope my "car show boyfriend" plans on attending as well.

13. rld14

rld14

I don't think I have an invite worthy car but I'm going.

14. Larry: Myself and my friend were given an invite to the show #51 and his was I think #53 or 4, We e-mailed our intention to show using the email at the bottom of the invite but we have received no response, just following up.

Attached Files:

15. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

The ladyfriend is taking off work that day and we will be there. Can't wait.

16. scarylarry

scarylarry

Just bring the invite along with you. Love the car! Thanks

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

Nothing specific on the helmet. Just remember, though this is NOT real racing, it will be a lot different with more than one car at a time on the track. Open cars, open helmets & no goggles (if you don't wear them) means there is a real possibility of catching a stone from someone else's tire in the face or windshield. You may look cool but it hurts like a bitch!
    This will be a VERY controlled situation.

18. haha I'm sure he will attend for his car show girl!!!!

19. scarylarry

scarylarry

To save time for car selection & space IS getting tight, I will only send an email to the people with cars that ARE selected for the infield spots at the Invitational. Everyone else is welcome to park outside the track (where there is a LOT more trees to sit under in the shade the end of July!) Thanks again for the interest! Larry

20. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

got to JS around 8 had to park on the otherside of the track under the trees. Sent pics of our 37 to you yesterday. Friends of ours in the infield got their invites at the show. Either way we will be there. Denise

21. Thanks for the invite Larry. I will be there.

22. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Got the invite..Thanks Larry!!..see you guys there..

23. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Hey Larry,thanks so much for the invite,(#61) but I think you know what happened to the car on the way home from the Showdown so the car won't be there but I may still show up as a spectator.I am sure you can
    find a replacement,alot of good cars out there. Thanks again.

Doug

Attached Files:

24. timmy25252

timmy25252

Missed the showdown due to getting the truck together after some changes and paint. I won't miss this one, I will find a nice spot around the outside of the track.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Damn Lowdoug37, what the hell happened? That sucks!!

26. scarylarry

scarylarry

Curt's super cool poster art for the Invitational...as always!

[​IMG]

27. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Great poster!

I like the image of the span of wheels that will be there. Open wheel racer, jalopy, vintage roadster and mid century tin.

Now that's a picture that says a thousand words!

So let the countdown begin...............................

28. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Boss, That is one great Poster!!!!

29. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Time to start the countdown. Just over a month away!

30. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Cant wait, never took my car to any of the showdowns.. now she's in paint and ready to go! -E
    [​IMG]